Hacking Problem With Galaxy... not read about this one

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welll i burnt the backup and popped it in my wii... the disc channel didnt show game title, or screenshot so i clicked on it. it said wii update etc... so i let it update, the bar ran full then froze, after about 1 hour it still didnt finish and the light on the drive was getting bright brgihter then dim over and over again and was chiming..

so i got a little tired of waiting after another half an hour and pulled the disc, and it said update failed.

so i restarted, now when i insert the disc it doesnt recognize it. doesnt try to update or anything. all my other backups work fine...

any ideas?

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had this issue once before. Have you pulled the power on the Wii for 30-40 seconds and tried again? If that doesn't work, try another burn.

If it refuses to update even after getting it recognized again, try a brick blocked copy. Don't know what else to say really.

The problem I had was on a friends Wii. He just burnt another copy and it worked. Dunno. Hope it helps.

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i tried pulling the power (let it set unplugged for an hour) then plugged back in and tried again.... still nothing. so i guess im going to have to get another backup and burn, and try... does manhunt 2 try to update? cause ive got it backed up but havent tryed it yet either...

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so is 3.1u the update on the mario galaxy disc? or is it something you get from wiiconnect....

cause everytime i go to check updates it says im already up to date. like stated the update from mario galaxy froze up, and said it failed. im not sure what to do next...

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there any way to rip off the mario update and try to install it without the game? cause i havent been able to get anohter backup yet...

Zhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The exact same thing happened to me... SMG started the update the first time and I got bored after 10 min without activity so I reset the wii.. then it won't recongnize the disc any more, I tried several times... that disc was no good.
I used Battalion wars 2 to make sure it was not an issue with the 1.9g update, and it worked fine, so I just reburned the SMG and this copy works like a charm.

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WELL STILL NO GO.

i reburnt the backup, one regular and one using brick blocker (or whatever its called) and neither one read correctly.... still says it doesnt know what the disc is.

so i popped in manhunt 2 backup and it starts, boots, play intro, then when i go to create a new game i get a dre. changed drive speed to 3 and still get dre on manhunt. so i got pissed reformatted my wii system ( wii menu option) lost my opera browser also. restarted set it up again. wen tto wii update and it said it had the most current update. so i popped the galaxy disc back in. and still none of them read.

so last night after i got done playing some halo 3 online, i noticed the wii glowing (wii connect 24) so i figured that it would fix the problem. that was about 12:45 am... this morning i woke up and it was still flashing.... so i got concerned and booted it up. heard the wii chime at the menu (like it did whenever i was first installing the mario galaxy update) and so i thought just maybe... popped in galaxy disc.

still got nothing. anyone have any ideas. (reformating, anything) cause i no longer have my saved games on there anymore so its not a big deal.

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you got me. im not sure myself. i just think its blacklisting mario galaxy for some reason. it says my firmware is 3.1u for any who care... or if that helps.

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad batch of discs you have? Sounds suspect that the two recent games you've tried to run aren't working.

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but ive burned from this batch before... its not a brand new batch. these are actually the last few disc i have of this batch. but i have a newer pack, of verbatims that i got in last week.... ill try one but im sure its not the problem.

will the iso still be ok even if i did use brickblocker on it. ill check it out. and let you all know. but im sure its not the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: