Hacking Problem burning games

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUCCESS!!!!!!!! I don't wanna count my chickens as i have yet to run it through Kprobe but for the time being crysis 3 is on my TV. Thanks for your help guys.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful with it though. It's still recommended to run it through kprobe before using it because although it may -run- on the Xbox a shitty burn is possible grounds for being flagged, which is no bueno.

Best test if you don't want to run it through kprobe just yet is see if you can install it to the hard drive.

Edit - elaborating on that, "flagging" as in you can be flagged for a console ban when the next ban wave comes around (there hasn't been on in a while, though). This means that your Live profile should be safe (don't go around doing stupid shit playing games before they are released), but if you get flagged, your console itself will be banned from Live. Take that as you will, because it means you don't lose all of your gamertag bound games and gamerscore and stuff, but you'll have to drop a few bones on a new system if you care about Xbox Live.

Edit 2 - elaborating on THAT, it's an inherent risk of running burned games. You can do things to lower your chances of being flagged, such as always running the games through kprobe, making sure your backups are patched with abgx, and restoring your 360s drive to stock before updating and making sure c4eva says it's alright to update and keep using your same backups (eventually you may need to reburn them with newer abgx patches). But none of it is surefire. Hell, I might even be flagged, and I just won't know until a banwave comes around. But I have 5 360s that I've fixed at my disposal so I don't really care. The average user, however, does not.

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K i think this is good. Looked scary at first but the scale is different and the biggest spike is 30 not 500. Is it ok?

Attachments

• think it's good.PNG
    think it's good.PNG
    20.1 KB · Views: 393

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that microsoft can give u the ring of death. Is that a myth? Also can i use netflix and bbc iplayer (I've got an proxy) without the risk of being detected?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, MS cannot ever give you an RRoD.
How would they even achieve that?
The only thing they did back in 8955 was cripple your HDD so you can't install games anymore.
Then they reverted it back in 9199 (for banned consoles only)

And everything will be gone if your 360 is banned.
You can't proxify a connection cause everything must go through the XBLive servers.
They have your console ID blacklisted on their servers and the proxy also transmits your console ID.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your PI readings are definitely within the acceptable range, but still crappy.
Your PIF readings, however, are over double the acceptable range.

As far as if you want to keep using it or not, that's on you. Personally, I would not use that copy any more. I would, instead, burn ANOTHER copy with the EXACT SAME SETTINGS as before and scan THAT with Kprobe to see how it comes out. You're an adult though, you've been presented with the risks and possible outcomes, so you are free to make whatever decision you want. Like I said though, I personally wouldn't keep using it. Burning another copy may yield entirely different results, most likely better than before.

You want your PI reading to have a MAX less than 100 with an AVERAGE less than 5.
You want your PIF reading to have a MAX less than 4 with an AVERAGE less than 0.20

Your PI reading had a MAX of 31, which is pretty good. The AVERAGE was 4.67, which kinda sucks, but IS still within parameters.
Your PIF reading had a MAX of 8, which is double the recommended parameter. The AVERAGE was 0.48, which is OVER double the recommended parameter.

All four of those numbers do play a factor in your chance of getting flagged, but not a single one nor a combination of any or all of them fully guarantee your safety or demise.

Lemee see if I can pull up a PM I sent to Dinoh a while ago...

Huh can't find it. I'll scan one of my disks and show you what results can look like after having the drive "learn" how to optimally write to the disks.

Edit - If burning another copy gives more unacceptable results you can try disabling OPC in the settings in imgburn (tools -> settings -> write -> uncheck "perform OPC before write")

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is the result of a game that I've burned a while ago, and have used fairly heavily since then, meaning the disk is not in perfect condition. There's a minor scuff here or there and some extremely light surface scratches. Forza 4 Disk-1

The PI has a MAX of 22 and an AVG of 1.61, both WELL within spec.
The PIF has a MAX of 3 (almost not within spec, I think that was a 2 when I burned it, can attribute this to the disk being used probably) and an AVG of 0.13, which is pretty damn good. Both values are within spec.

The PIF is going to be the hardest one to pass. It always is.

My best suggestion is to just keep trying, and failing that, pick up a pack of 003s if you can at some point if you can't get the 001s to work.

Also, Windows 8 hates the GUI for kprobe and doesn't like to display the whole thing all the time. This was burned to a 003.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may get flagged, and the game may crash. Then again, it may not to either one of those.

Your best prevention against the crashing is gonna be to install it to the hard drive or a flash drive. If it all installs it -should- be fine from a crash perspective.

I think this would be a better question for Dinoh, he seems to know a bit more in that respect than I do.

Keep in mind that if it gets flagged and subsequently banned, it's not just banned form Live for the one game, it's banned from Live for ALL games. If that is important to you then reconsider using that disk. If you do not care about being able to use Live on this console whatsoever for any game, then have at it and you can probably even disregard the kprobe scanning, just try to install it to the hard drive. If it installs it should work. If not, you have a coaster.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Game won't crash.
Installing it is the best option yes.
Not only will it speed up loading but it also prolongs your DVD drive lifetime and eliminates noise.

Only think you should do is be very careful with your DVD's (no scratches etc)

If your scores are near the optimum Kprobe scores then you should be fine.
As long as their not outrageously high.
Best is indeed to be under the results.

And yes.
If you're flagged, you will get banned eventually.
Being flagged doesn't mean much these days anymore tho.
it's a simple matter of just waiting for a ban.
If you patch your backups and don't go spread you play backups/have your system modded etc, then you should be fine~
Installing the games just eliminates noise and prolongs your DVD drive.
As well as correctly patched/burned backups can only be installed ;]

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ppl. So i've since the last post I have burnt about 20 games successfully and haven't had 1 fail. My advice for anyone having trouble burning mkm 001 discs is to save them for non XDG3 games and buy some 003's. Also If anyone is having trouble burning bioshock its cause it's a corrupt version.
Anyway I've moved on to writing xbla games to disc. I have got 3 full games and a load of demos (moving them from my old xbox blah blah blah). I don't want the demos but they're on my PC. So i followed the guides of how to burn XBLA.
Folder layout is :data/content/0000000000000000/59385b/000D0000/(game file). Then I combined it into an iso file with doIso and burnt it to disc with imgburn
The first disc i burnt was duel layer 003 disc with everything on. When i put the disc in the xbox I went to my games and all the demos were visible but no full games
Second disc i burnt was a regular 4.5gig DVD disc with only 'game 1' on it. On the xbox it showed up as mixed data disc but nothing in the my games folder.
Any ideas?

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i read your other posts. Its annoying how ppl put up false guides claiming that u can do it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Burning XBLA would be pretty pointless anyways as you can inject XBLA games with Horizon/Modio anyways.
DRM free ones you can play on any non hacked console.

Other XBLA games you'll unfortunately have to have either a JTAG/RGH or a license (buying) to play the game.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horizon, and Modio are HDD tools that allows you to modify items on your 360's HDD (Via HDD transfer kit, or by taking the HDD out of the enclosure and plugging it into a USB enclosure.) They allow save editing, rehashing, save downloading, etc.

As Tony Hawk HD is not a DRM free game they won't do you a thing. A quick google search for "DRM free Xbox 360 arcade games" will bring you to a list of them.

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for the tip but i dunno if its worth the effort or those titles. TBH i just wanna play some tony hawk 1 and Jet set radio to re-live my youth

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since Tony hawk is DRM free, you can play that.
If JSR is DRM free, you can also inject it.

You won't need to use your HDD, a large USB drive formatted to FATX (360) also works ;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello