bioshock 3.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 280

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that windows is still in test mode from when i flashed the xbox. I had some trouble with windows needing a 'driver signature' for jungle flasher so i had to run windows in test mode so i could install. Could being in test mode be causing the problem?

BTW I'm scanning batman with Kprobe now. Results to follow

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K I'll make another burn tonight and document everything. Should be up in 3 hrs or so. Hopefully it will work cause I've only got 6 discs left and 'm broke until next thursday so i haven't got discs to burn (pun intended). ;)

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that latest scan is no good. Disk is a coaster.

I Can help you out with drive settings but that won't be till about midnight eastern time. I'm at work right now. You may have a few settings that need changing. In fact you most likely do. I wouldn't burn too many until then.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Settings in imgburn:

Write (Page 1)

Make sure you have checked "Perform OPC Before Write", disable "Enable BURN-Proof"

I/O - You can change your buffer size here, I have mine set to 512MB just to be on the safe side.

When you're on the screen to write a disk:

Click that little cog with the check mark in the bottom right

Click the LITE-ON tab

Change the values so they match the following:

Force HyperTuning: Enabled
Online HyperTuning: Disabled
OverSpeed: Disabled
SmartBurn: Enabled
Clear OPC History: N/A (In other words, don't touch this one yet)

You can change the settings for those in the "New Setting" drop down box, and click "Change" after each one that you need to change. Make them match the values I wrote.

Your burns should be at 2.4x if you're using MKM-001s and 4x if you're using MKM-003s, if I recall correctly.

Take a look at these topics:

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/show...n-Guide-Co-written-with-the-author-of-IMGBURN (you're mainly going to want to look towards the end of post #4 in this one)

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php/73612-XGD3-Quality-Test-Guidelines

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php/74097-MUST-READ-FOR-PEOPLE-HAVING-PROBLEMS-WITH-MKM001

The settings I put down are what work best for me so far. Going by the second link, my kprobe results are typically WELL within the guidelines. I don't ever bother with that Nero test that they mention.

However, as is stated in the first link, the settings vary per computer. What works best for me may not and possibly will not work best for you. It all depends on your individual computer, your drive quality, media quality, how well the planets are aligned, etc. It's VERY trial and error. If a disk doesn't burn well the first time you might need to try again another few times with those settings before changing something. That's what sucks about burning disks. When I run out of my 003's I'm going to just bite the bullet and pick up an XK3Y ODDE so I don't have to worry about burning any more. It's a much higher up front cost but in the end it saves a LOT of time, hassle, frustration, and money.

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just burnt 2 copies and neither worked. 1st was with your settings and the other was the 3rd link down. Scanning the 1st burn with your settings now. Be done in 30 mins

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And they're definitely the Singapore made ones, right?

I had a spindle (I think 25) of 001s before and I got probably 10 good burns out of the whole thing. I'm on a 50 spindle of 003s now and I've got about half way through it, maybe had 4 bad burns. The 003s seem to be a little bit easier to burn to, but also keep in mind that the OPC is your drive learning the "optimum power calibration" for that disk type, meaning it keeps adjusting the power going to the laser every time you burn the disk in order to get the best burn. I think it's by the 5th burn that it learns the best OPC strategy, which on a spindle of 25 disks, really sucks.

It's really not a science. There's a lot of trial and error that goes into it, so just don't get too mad if the games don't work, because it's bound to happen. I'm about to head to bed for the night, but all I can really say is play around with the settings a little bit, look around on the TX forum that those three posts were in as there's a TON of useful info in there when it comes to burning, but just see what happens. It's very possible that out of the few disks you have left you might not get a single usable burn. That's the annoying risk that comes with this.

Next time you pick up DVDs, I'd 1 recommend getting from Newegg because their prices tend to be the best that I've seen so far, and specifically these ones if you do get them from Newegg. They work out to be just a few cents over a dollar a disk, and those are the 003s. Failing that, it might just be worth it to look into an XK3Y, but keep in midn you are going to need to factor in needing an external hard drive, too...

I dunno. I'm not gonna give up helping you, obviously (and I hope it doesn't look like I'm trying to suggest that by suggesting you buy an XK3Y). I'll help you try to figure out what we can with these last few disks and whatever you get after that, we'll go from there.

Edit - also, having "too many processes open" on your computer is little to no concern unless it gets to the point where imgburn is actually hanging or your buffer is emptying before refilling (which is preventable by maxing your buffer to 512MB in settings). I ALWAYS use my computer normally while burning, whether it be web browsing, listening to music/watching a movie, or even gaming. 9/10 I'll get a good burn now. A big thing is make sure your disks are perfectly clean (no dust or finger prints) and make sure you do not jostle your dvd drive/desktop tower AT ALL (though you said you're on a laptop so the latter shouldn't be an issue).

Edit 2 - same goes for the suggestion of burning in safe mode. Just use your computer like normal, just don't do anything to make it freeze or lag really really bad. Get it going proper, and if you really want to leave it alone just stand up and go grab a cup of coffee or something. No need to do anything out of the ordinary to it. And the same thing for making sure you don't jostle it goes for when you're reading it with kprobe2, as well, as a nice bump will throw the readings off too.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only officially supported ones are Verbatim MKM-001 and MKM-003 media, both manufactured specifically in Singapore, not the ones form India or Taiwan.

Anything else is a crap shoot. Adata GOLD is supposedly -okay- sometimes, I would consider giving Memorex or Sony a shot if I absolutely had to, but if you're having a hard time burning to good media, burning to sub-par quality media is only going to make it worse. I'd still recommend getting a pack of the 003s from Newegg or something, like the ones I suggested, but maybe a smaller pack if you wanted.

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on newegg now. I can't see where it specifies that they are 003. Have u got a link? Also i don't suppose you've had any revelations over night? Is there any other software instead of imgburn

BTW thanks for all the help dude.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah newegg doesn't say whether they're 001 or 003, what you have to go by is the write speed they support - 2.4x is 001 media, 8x is 003 media.

You'll want to take a look at these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007591 50001649 600010559&IsNodeId=1&name=8.5GB

I typically stay away from the printable ones but they should be fine to go with, however they are more expensive and it'll give you no advantage if you don't have a printer that prints onto disks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130196 - I use these, have the spindle sitting on my desk right now. MKM-003
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130008 - Had these, these are the 001s, I didn't get too many good burns out of them, but they DID work in general.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130080 - 001, 50 pack
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130029 - 003, 15 pack.

Key thing to do is look at the comments. People buy these for burning 360 games. The comments reflect that. People say that they use them for 360 games, so it's usually a pretty good indication that they're a good choice if the rating is high. I've only ever received Singapore made disks, but I don't think there's any way to tell before they arrive. Maybe if you're concerned email their support and see if they can find out what country of origin they stock them as?

Worst case scenario, XConsoles stocks them too, and ONLY the Singapore ones, but they're a little bit more expensive. - http://www.xconsoles.com/categories/Blank-Media/Dual-Layer-DVD/ for that

A for what's going wrong - I don't think it's anything you're specifically doing, or not doing. It's really just a matter of trial and error. That's why a 50 pack is good because you have some disks to burn through. Burn two or three disks, scanning with Kprobe each time, and see how they turn out. If they're good, then keep burning with those settings. If it doesn't burn well, change a single setting, then try again with a few more disks. Eventually something will work but there's so much that comes into play with the computing environment and the burner itself on each individual computer.

Edit - and imgburn is going to be hands down the best burner to use for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: