#prideforeveryone

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Normal just means what most people are. If you have a group of 100 people, where 90 of them have green eyes and the rest have other colors, having green eyes would be considered normal in that group.
Unfortunately the word 'normal' has other connotations, like 'acceptable' or 'non pathological' or 'healthy'. That's really what I was getting at - saying something isn't 'normal' results in all kinds of other judgements because people focus not on the meaning of the word, but how they feel about it. It's quite annoying.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normal just means what most people are. If you have a group of 100 people, where 90 of them have green eyes and the rest have other colors, having green eyes would be considered normal in that group.

Which is fine if splits are like that. The reality is rather different and if 40 people had one colour and the remaining 6 colours have 10 each then 60 people do not have the first colour. That also assumes it is all just one colour too and not various blends or other traits that might alter things and you might also want to consider sample size and how relevant it is for where you are at for the issue we are discussing (do we break it down by county, state, country, larger union, world, world but dismiss those with certain baseline concepts -- do we care what North Korea has to say sort of thing, and what changes when it is just what I am having for dinner this evening). Alternatively if something exists in more than 10000 cases (this number might vary depending upon the discussion but suffice it to say a minute fraction of the number of people that have existed throughout history but substantially more people than you would likely want to fight as an individual) does it matter if there are no other underlying issues (9999 people have a disease that hurts them and few would advocate stopping when case 10000 arises).

Also what mashers said in the post responding to yours. Without that though is normal desirable for you, in general, "for your kids" and [insert some other division]?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
>LGBT

what about pansexual, asexual, etc. you get my point

But to be completely honest, this is like 9/11. people just won't move on. It's been like 15 years since then and we still have a day for it. USA had more horrible events but it promotes 9/11. shit like this makes me want to move back to japan tbh
Speaking from someone who is pansexual (for lack of a better term) and transgender, I really don't need more attention than I already get.
I'll just refer to my first comment on how I feel about pride
As a transgender girl, I am honestly not a big fan of "Pride Day/Month." Though I understand the reasons behind them, I also find that they don't progress us forward. We just want to show the world that we are normal people like everyone else and shouldn't be treated as anything special, but then we have days like this that kind of defeat the purpose.
If you really want pride, just be you. You don't need a day, month, ect. you just need to be you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii