• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why are the "black pride" colors allowed in the LGBT+ flag when homophobia and transphobia are rampant in the black community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

City

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What does that even mean "own the republicans? Like zero republicans are in that community? None of them voted to re-elect Trump? https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...licans-why-they-re-backing-president-n1243469

And how does getting off of the black train, and jumping on another group of people prove me wrong about you?

I'm no kid. I'm a retired Chief Petty Officer, and never allowed discrimination of any kind in my workplace. I would have taken a piece of crap like you and kicked you out. You've shown your true colors here, and they aren't pretty. And for a second, I was trying to empathize with your crying about how you were always marginalized... but YOU are the one marginalizing.
You clearly are unhinged, it's crazy.

Let me explain this to you one more time, in a way that even a kid with special needs can understand:

- The black community is notoriously homophobic and transphobic. This is a fact
- Despite this, in the LGBT flag, there are now "black pride" colors, that have nothing to do with one's sexuality
- I asked why
- You went full twitter and called me racist

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is calling you a racist, it's because you're making a blatantly bad faith argument intended to stir up antiblack racism by falsely implying black people are significantly more homophobic/transphobic than white people, which is categorically untrue and part of an age-old reactionary push to 1) absolve themselves by blaming another marginalized group, and 2) pit different marginalized groups against each other to prevent building solidarity between marginalized communities (communities which incidentally are not mutually exclusive), as well as ignoring the fact that there are just as many LGBT black people as LGBT white people, and LGBT people of color face a significant degree of racism from white people within the LGBT community.

If you cared to research the history of the flag by, say, doing a single internet search, you'd know that the pride flag with black & brown stripes is specifically intended to draw attention to racism faced by LGBT people of color within the LGBT community and to be more welcoming to LGBT people of color, it's not including people of color who are not LGBT or equating blackness with sexuality/gender. People in this thread have already told you that. The white LGBT community is notoriously racist, too, including to black LGBT people, but that goes conspicuously unmentioned. You know this, but you're playing dumb in order to provoke people while trying (and failing) to maintain a degree of plausible deniability. People are calling you racist because they can see through you, you're not fooling anyone. You cite "countless research papers" but you don't actually link a single one or name any of them, it's just a rhetorical device for you to use to justify a baseless argument where you ignore historical context to make blanket statements about an entire group of people. You can say there's countless studies proving the Earth is flat and the sun revolves around it, that doesn't make it true, nor would the existence of such studies make their content true simply by virtue of being a study if it didn't actually meet any scientific rigor or stand up to scrutiny of its results or of its methods.

The most generous interpretation of your "debate" style on this forum is that you're a troll who doesn't genuinely believe any of what you say and you're simply trying to get a rise out of people. And that's a sad excuse for the rampant racism and ableism (calling people the R slur, calling people "special needs" as an insult) across your posts. "Ironic" bigotry is still bigotry, it still causes harm, harm which you are indifferent to despite concern trolling about black people "appropriating" LGBT identities. You may not be dressing up in a pointy hood and burning crosses, but you clearly have a lot of contempt for black people to single them out as exceptionally homophobic or exceptionally transphobic when black LGBT people face disproportionately high rates of violence, especially black trans women (which I'm sure you could chime in with "that's black-on-black violence," but you'd be proving my point if you did). If you truly believed black people were exceptionally homophobic, moreso than any other group of people, you'd want to foster solidarity between the two groups to build acceptance and tolerance. You'd be focused on solutions, community outreach, that kind of thing. You're not doing that here. The sole argument you're making is "black people hate the LGBT community (and that's because they're black (and we should hate black people because of that))." There is no interpretation of that where what you're arguing isn't rooted in racism.

If you're a troll, there's no point engaging you. If you believe all this and refuse to listen to anyone who's taking the time to explain any of this, there's also no point in engaging you. I fully realize there's no point in engaging you, that none of what I've typed is going to mean anything to you except maybe to give you a giggle as you plan your sick comeback where you call me an idiot (assuming you are a troll). That's not what I'm doing. I really don't care what your response might be, you've given no indication it would be anything that you haven't already repeatedly said in lieu of substantive dialogue. But I typed this all out for the benefit of onlookers, to point out to them exactly what you're doing if there's anyone here who doesn't see it right away. Assuming anyone has the patience to read all this.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Just my two cents:
"marginalized communities" sounds ultra gay.
It shows how sick Western society is: everyone wants to be a victim to get sympathy from Mum (=the government or society at large). In a healthy patriarchal society, nobody wants to be seen as a victim because it is associated with weakness.

Also, women aren´t gay. They are lesbians. "Gay" (=happy) was used for homosexual men because they tend to act more feminine in social interactions. Lesbians tend to act more masculine, so the word "gay" does not apply.

City

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If anyone is calling you a racist, it's because you're making a blatantly bad faith argument intended to stir up antiblack racism by falsely implying black people are significantly more homophobic/transphobic than white people, which is categorically untrue and part of an age-old reactionary push to 1) absolve themselves by blaming another marginalized group, and 2) pit different marginalized groups against each other to prevent building solidarity between marginalized communities (communities which incidentally are not mutually exclusive), as well as ignoring the fact that there are just as many LGBT black people as LGBT white people, and LGBT people of color face a significant degree of racism from white people within the LGBT community.

If you cared to research the history of the flag by, say, doing a single internet search, you'd know that the pride flag with black & brown stripes is specifically intended to draw attention to racism faced by LGBT people of color within the LGBT community and to be more welcoming to LGBT people of color, it's not including people of color who are not LGBT or equating blackness with sexuality/gender. People in this thread have already told you that. The white LGBT community is notoriously racist, too, including to black LGBT people, but that goes conspicuously unmentioned. You know this, but you're playing dumb in order to provoke people while trying (and failing) to maintain a degree of plausible deniability. People are calling you racist because they can see through you, you're not fooling anyone. You cite "countless research papers" but you don't actually link a single one or name any of them, it's just a rhetorical device for you to use to justify a baseless argument where you ignore historical context to make blanket statements about an entire group of people. You can say there's countless studies proving the Earth is flat and the sun revolves around it, that doesn't make it true, nor would the existence of such studies make their content true simply by virtue of being a study if it didn't actually meet any scientific rigor or stand up to scrutiny of its results or of its methods.

The most generous interpretation of your "debate" style on this forum is that you're a troll who doesn't genuinely believe any of what you say and you're simply trying to get a rise out of people. And that's a sad excuse for the rampant racism and ableism (calling people the R slur, calling people "special needs" as an insult) across your posts. "Ironic" bigotry is still bigotry, it still causes harm, harm which you are indifferent to despite concern trolling about black people "appropriating" LGBT identities. You may not be dressing up in a pointy hood and burning crosses, but you clearly have a lot of contempt for black people to single them out as exceptionally homophobic or exceptionally transphobic when black LGBT people face disproportionately high rates of violence, especially black trans women (which I'm sure you could chime in with "that's black-on-black violence," but you'd be proving my point if you did). If you truly believed black people were exceptionally homophobic, moreso than any other group of people, you'd want to foster solidarity between the two groups to build acceptance and tolerance. You'd be focused on solutions, community outreach, that kind of thing. You're not doing that here. The sole argument you're making is "black people hate the LGBT community (and that's because they're black (and we should hate black people because of that))." There is no interpretation of that where what you're arguing isn't rooted in racism.

If you're a troll, there's no point engaging you. If you believe all this and refuse to listen to anyone who's taking the time to explain any of this, there's also no point in engaging you. I fully realize there's no point in engaging you, that none of what I've typed is going to mean anything to you except maybe to give you a giggle as you plan your sick comeback where you call me an idiot (assuming you are a troll). That's not what I'm doing. I really don't care what your response might be, you've given no indication it would be anything that you haven't already repeatedly said in lieu of substantive dialogue. But I typed this all out for the benefit of onlookers, to point out to them exactly what you're doing if there's anyone here who doesn't see it right away. Assuming anyone has the patience to read all this.
Nice wall of text of nothing. Basically you're:

- Insulting me
- Claiming that the black and brown stripes are because LGBT members are racist (wow)
- Insulting me once more
- Claiming "people" are calling me racist when it's just another bootlicker like you

All this for a genuine question I had.

Care to try again? Or are you already busy sucking your own dick?

By the way, your post reeks of someone who has ZERO idea of the LGBT community. But thanks for at least confirming that you're one of those "everyone is racist" people.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The first time I saw the "new flag" I didn't get it, and I still don't get it now. African countries have notoriously been very homophobic and transphobic, the same goes for african american communities and the black church.

To me, it feels like yet another thing that the black community desperately wants to appropiate. Either that or some activists were so desperate to appear woke that they let them in.

One could argue that the colors are there to represent black LGBT members, but isn't a fucking rainbow supposed to show inclusiveness to everyone? What does "black pride" have to do with LGBT? What are you proud of your community of? Calling homosexuality a sin to God? Raping lesbian women to "fix" them?

EDIT: I also don't get why we needed the trans flag colors in there too, when a rainbow is supposed to cover everything. What do you think the "T" stands for in LGBT? Trypophobia? Besides, you can be a transitioned person and be straight. I like it better when two flags are allowed to be there instead of a mixed one.

EDIT2: this was moved from the LGBT+ tempers group for some reason.
because if you want the other be tolerant WITH YOU, you NEED to be tolerant with EVERYONE else.

City

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
because if you want the other be tolerant WITH YOU, you NEED to be tolerant with EVERYONE else.
I'm not the one famous for being intollerant of the LGBT community.

It's crazy to me that, rather than recognizing the problem and working on it, some people are like "well YOU are racist so it's ok" and try to put extra colors in the LGBT community to remind everyone how racist we all are. Crazy!

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time I saw the "new flag" I didn't get it, and I still don't get it now. African countries have notoriously been very homophobic and transphobic, the same goes for african american communities and the black church.

To me, it feels like yet another thing that the black community desperately wants to appropiate. Either that or some activists were so desperate to appear woke that they let them in.

One could argue that the colors are there to represent black LGBT members, but isn't a fucking rainbow supposed to show inclusiveness to everyone? What does "black pride" have to do with LGBT? What are you proud of your community of? Calling homosexuality a sin to God? Raping lesbian women to "fix" them?

EDIT: I also don't get why we needed the trans flag colors in there too, when a rainbow is supposed to cover everything. What do you think the "T" stands for in LGBT? Trypophobia? Besides, you can be a transitioned person and be straight. I like it better when two flags are allowed to be there instead of a mixed one.

EDIT2: this was moved from the LGBT+ tempers group for some reason.
Yeah this is bait lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...