Hacking Previously flashed Xbox - can I re-flash?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Topology data is the data checked by the 360.
It's patched in games for LT 3.0 firmwares to make it stealth as well as bootable.
Games without topology data won't boot.
Yes, it's better to repatch and reburn them (unless their already properly patched, just run the burned DVD through ABGX)

If your console is at 12xxx then I wouldn't update.
Seeing the 13xxx updates will reflash your DVD drive.
if you're on 14xxx then it's safe to update.

Also, you could, if paul is still willing to flash it for free, send your drive via the mail.
That is if you can disassemble the console yourself ;p
I also flash drives for people in Europe and that's pretty much the only way I do it.

So topology is irrelevant if running Lt 2.0?
Pretty sure majority of the games went through abgx to be patched. And does this patching only mean to be safe from live ban?

Out of curiosity, if the drive was send to you Tuesday, when will you send it back, postage being covered? How much is postage?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I haven't used LT 2.0 for long but it's still better to have everything patched.
Not only is topology required to boot XGD3 games, it also fixes the games so that they can be installed to the HDD (eliminating DVD drive noise)

Humm, I won't be home this weekend but as soon as I get the drive, I'll flash it and ship it back the same day if not the next day.
Give it atleast a week before you get it back (shipping etc)
Shipping costs are I think ~10 quid.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't used LT 2.0 for long but it's still better to have everything patched.
Not only is topology required to boot XGD3 games, it also fixes the games so that they can be installed to the HDD (eliminating DVD drive noise)

Humm, I won't be home this weekend but as soon as I get the drive, I'll flash it and ship it back the same day if not the next day.
Give it atleast a week before you get it back (shipping etc)
Shipping costs are I think ~10 quid.

Decided not bother with flashing to lt3 due to time restraint though the dash version 20 something. Does this mean the console can be updated and have lt 2.0 still intact and play those games?

Also does the console need to be updated for dlna playback?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you make images from current backups (LT 2.0 games) with imgburn? Is it simple as creating an image? How do you get the file that contains the layer break information? Should the file size be 7,xxx,xxx KB or 8 ,xxx,xxx KB?

Thanks

arnonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't want to hijack the thread, but i have quite a similar situation.

I haven't used my phat xbox (XENON), in about 2 years, because i was abroad.
Before i left it was flashed, and i could play the latest stuff i think the dash is at 13xxx.
But in the mean time i dont know if my room-mate updated the xbox or not.

So now GTA V is out, i got a legit copy from a friend, and it says it has to update the dash, so it attempts, but it doesn't work.
And the error seems to be Ban related.
USB updating doesn't work either with the same error.

So basically i don't know the status of my xbox nor can i update it.

I would love to try one of those ODDE's.
Any advice? Update somehow? Reflash to stock, then update?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll have to reflash your drive back to stock first.
Then update.
The update is halting cause the FW on the DVD drive isn't what the update expects (update actually also updates the DVD drive's FW)

ODDE, you could get an Xkey, which requires your DVD key in order to work.

arnonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok i understand,
Does "flash back to stock" mean i need to have some kind of backup of the DVD FW from when i did the flash originally?? I don't think i kept any of the files from then...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could just dump the DVD key again and spoof that to a stock firmware and flash that to the DVD drive, if you don't have your original FW file anymore.
The firmware pack you can find on Xbins (can't link it since it's copy righted material)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...