Hacking Preloader v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would using Taiko (probably with the patching stuff removed) instead of the Nintendo nand loader work for compiling the installer? Alternatively, I suppose Waninkoko's or Comix's nand loaders could be used as well (except I can't find the source for either of those).

Edit: links to Taiko (made by The Lemon Man) and Waninkoko's nand-loader, still looking for comex's
http://github.com/LemonBoy/taiko
http://github.com/waninkoko/nand-loader

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
I don't know about anyone else, but my wii starts up USB loader GX if I drop the dol in the root & install it with revision 4
wink.gif
This is definitely one of the coolest things to happen to homebrew!!! Thanks to everyone responsible...
grog.gif

The best part....customizable background music at system startup!!!!
smile.gif
wacko.gif
bow.gif

Still not working for me. GX dol installed from the root still code dumps running it via preloader, and blank screens trying to autoboot it.

Which dol exactly are you using? The forwarder or the actual program dol? Either way - link me to the one you're using and I'll check it out. The one I've been trying is here: http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/forwarders

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
D34DL1N3R said:
lightyear said:
I don't know about anyone else, but my wii starts up USB loader GX if I drop the dol in the root & install it with revision 4
wink.gif
This is definitely one of the coolest things to happen to homebrew!!! Thanks to everyone responsible...
grog.gif

smile.gif
wacko.gif
bow.gif

Still not working for me. GX dol installed from the root still code dumps running it via preloader, and blank screens trying to autoboot it.

Which dol exactly are you using? The forwarder or the actual program dol? Either way - link me to the one you're using and I'll check it out. The one I've been trying is here: http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/forwarders

D34DL1N3R I have the exact same results after installing gxforwarder.dol, code dumps from running via preloader and autoboots to black screen. If you get this working, can u plz pm a me solution (going a way 4 a few days, but dying to get it working as soon as i get back, thx).

EDIT: I FOUND WORK AROUND TO THE GXFORWARDER AUTOBOOT PROBLEM, copy the boot.dol file from the the following folder SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\ to the root of your SD card (rename it if you want, I never use spaces but it should work with them if u want 2 try) and install that as preloader's file. There is an upside and a downside to this method, downside is, if you update this app, it will update on your SD card (or usb depending on your settings), but not on preloader's installed file, the bright side is that it will still load even if u don't have an SD card in the wii. It's pretty much the same pros and cons of forwarders vs. channels; only difference is that you wouldn't be saving space by installing a forwarder as your preloader file instead of a 'channel', so aside from having to update it every now and then, i think its better than the forwarder dol. This works on Preloader 0.29, 0.29 JODI, and PRELOADER 0.30 rev 4 (possibly lower revs also, didn't try). Tested on 4.1U and 4.2U.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
EDIT: I FOUND WORK AROUND TO THE GXFORWARDER AUTOBOOT PROBLEM, copy the boot.dol file from the the following folder SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\ to the root of your SD card (rename it if you want, I never use spaces but it should work with them if u want 2 try)
what the
what dol were you guys taking otherwise?
your "work around" sounds more like how it should be done :wtf:;

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
this one, the official gx forwarder dol for preloader

http://www.4shared.com/file/129415271/bece..._Preloader.html.

found on the official site

http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/forwarders

EDIT: to any noobs reading this, read my above post before "trying" (more like failing) to install this file on preloader 0.30
i actually dont see the point in making a special version just for preloader except if they use stuff like ios_reloadios() which can be replaced easily...

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
lightyear said:
wink.gif
grog.gif

smile.gif
wacko.gif
bow.gif

Just extract this to your sd root folder...preloader r4 is in there too in the apps folder if you'd like to reinstall it
smile.gif

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3U197C2E

Here's my proof!!!!
CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p1g3XNWyLE

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while I realize that your work on this project is not about just taking requests at all, if at all possible, I have use for a preloader with a slightly more difficult process to access the config...maybe a different button combination instead of just reset, maybe only loads with an sd card inserted, maybe loads to a (not necessarily visual) "password screen" for a moment before accepting or rejecting? ...if you have time, if not its cool, id just never be able to do it myself, so i thought id ask.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
while I realize that your work on this project is not about just taking requests at all, if at all possible, I have use for a preloader with a slightly more difficult process to access the config...maybe a different button combination instead of just reset, maybe only loads with an sd card inserted, maybe loads to a (not necessarily visual) "password screen" for a moment before accepting or rejecting? ...if you have time, if not its cool, id just never be able to do it myself, so i thought id ask.

Hmm, this would make it for most of ppl more complicated than it actually is.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
noobwarrior7 said:

I'm sorry but I think maybe with your sentence structure I missed your point....I need a harder to get into version, if someone could provide it as an alternative, not as the only one available, just as another mod.

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi !

I'm still getting this dammed ticket error ... Root found ...

I'm on 4.1E and i have Dip-iosed 36 53 55 60 61(no sig)

Also pressing B Button and + is not fixing the thing ...

Before i Dip-Iosed there was the root not found error ... after dip now i get the ticket error.

Any ideas - ore did i missed something ? (i used the search button ... really ... 8) )

additional info : WII KEy v1 installed ... Hackmii newest version with new HBC ...

USB-Loader - System Menue - everything else running without problems ...

dovegabanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys. OK i am going to finally ask a question! I Searched and Searched and still dumb founded.

I recently Sofmodded a friends WII. LU64 Model. Came With System Menu 3.4u Officially updated to 4.2u.
I followed xzxero guide to the tee! Everything works except this problem.

With i try to install Preloader v0.30r3 or r4 i get the same error

Root found!
"unable to read ticket.... aborting mission."

I have tryed holding down B on the wii remote and press the + button, but nothing works!

Interesting enough i gave up and installed preloader v0.29 with the system menu hacks for 4.2u and works perfectly.

Anything i could be missing?

Thanks for the help!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
G0dLiKe said:
noobwarrior7 said:

I'm sorry but I think maybe with your sentence structure I missed your point....I need a harder to get into version, if someone could provide it as an alternative, not as the only one available, just as another mod.

Well, I got the point. What I wanted to say is when its made like you want it will be more complicated for other users.

Posts merged

QUOTE(dovegabanna @ Oct 17 2009, 03:57 PM)
Hey Guys. OK i am going to finally ask a question! I Searched and Searched and still dumb founded.

I recently Sofmodded a friends WII. LU64 Model. Came With System Menu 3.4u Officially updated to 4.2u.
I followed xzxero guide to the tee! Everything works except this problem.

With i try to install Preloader v0.30r3 or r4 i get the same error

Root found!
"unable to read ticket.... aborting mission."

I have tryed holding down B on the wii remote and press the + button, but nothing works!

Interesting enough i gave up and installed preloader v0.29 with the system menu hacks for 4.2u and works perfectly.

Anything i could be missing?

Thanks for the help!

Just install .30 over .29 and you´re fine.

Bauldrick

Trophies
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:

I'd like a uboot type option. Certain button presses load certain apps - 1 press loads hbc, 2 presses loads installed file, 3 presses loads system menu and light flashes according to selection. It's not going to happen, but would be nice..

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@dovegabanna : Yup - this seems to be a great bug in 0.30 ... same to me here ...

Will try to install 29 and then 30 this evening ...

Greetings ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: what the fuck is that dawg 💀😭 +2