Pre-Built Gaming PC question

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking into buying pre-built gaming PC for two reasons. Latest new PC games like God of War and all emulators up to RPCS3.

No, I dont want to build the PC, thought.

Is it good ? Here is pre-built Gaming PC:

Gamer Xtreme Gaming Desktop -

Inter Core i7-12700F

16GB Memory

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

1TB HDD + 500GB SSD Black

or

TraceMR Gaming Desktop -

Inter i7-12700F

16GB DDR4 3200 Memory

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

1TB NVMe SSD Black

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pre built varies massively in what goes so people would want to see links to the sellers for both of those, at the very least prices.

Sometimes it is people use stuff bought in bulk and charge you say $30 for the assembly, other times people put whatever headline parts like you have there in and cheap out on the RAM (it might be 16 gigs but it will be 4 chips of the slowest and least overclockable stuff they can find sort of thing -- the 3200 mentioned in the second listing is on the lower end of speeds but it might also be where that CPU tops out at), motherboard, power supply and all the good stuff that you want to at least consider if you want a speedy stable machine. I don't know if you copied the listing to make that but that none mention motherboard, PSU or RAM speeds/types sets off alarm bells for me.

To that end most of that is a difference in GPU
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Nvidia-RTX-3060-Ti/Rating/4090
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Nvidia-RTX-3070/Rating/4083

Not a lot in it but the 3070 is probably the better card in terms of raw performance, I don't know if one or the other is lacking drivers or some fancy feature that others might claim to like but leave disabled as it nails performance. Both were released at the end of 2020 so they are on the older side now as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol