[PPOTW] Which nextgen system will have the best year in 2014?

Which nextgen system will have the best year in 2014?

• PS4

Votes: 228 45.0%
  • WiiU

Votes: 253 49.9%
  • Xbone

Votes: 26 5.1%

• Total voters

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing the Wii U has going for itself is being a budget console...and the PS3/360 are still going to bite into a chunk of it's sales. It's sadly even less relevant than the Gamecube was. As for the "it did better than Xbone" the Dreamcast had a wonderful first year...

Still ZombieU Pikmin 3 Super Mario 3D World Mario Kart 8 will save it...right?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whichever gets the better games.
Meaning no one really knows.
Well we know how the WiiU will be doing for games

Based off of last gen (it's not current gen guys, all the 'nextgen' consoles are out now), i'm going to say PS4. The PS3 had a lot of RPGs and stuff. I sorta passed my FPS age, so the 360 titles are less appealing.
Plus the PS4 will inevitably get all the Tales games so that's just a no-brainer.

EDIT: I just noticed the poor xbone is getting smashed by the PS4 in an avalanche victory right now. Damn. (WiiU votes are null on this site)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The only thing the Wii U has going for itself is being a budget console...and the PS3/360 are still going to bite into a chunk of it's sales. It's sadly even less relevant than the Gamecube was. As for the "it did better than Xbone" the Dreamcast had a wonderful first year...

What Wii U has going for it isn't that it's a "budget console" but actually a console for niche games which you don't really see much nowadays on Microsoft or Sony consoles.

More than likely it's just shooters and sports although that's what the majority of "hardcore" gamers want so that's what they're getting.

Well, the Wii U is a lot weaker than the other two consoles all around, and lacks real "hardcore" gaming. I mean, the system doesn't come with a headset or a working Ethernet port that doesn't require an adapter. They know what they did. lol In my opinion Xbox One and PS4 are on a completely different level than the Wii U.

Nintendo's in its own league of gaming, i.e, not trying to competing against Microsoft/Sony otherwise they'd suck up to the crap that EA puts on their systems.

This might be one of the last home console generations so they've gotta be sure to make it worth it.

Reactions: omgpwn666

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh why? If you mean against Xbox One, blame the price.

No, not against Xbox One. I also do not think they will have the best year.
I was referring to people thinking that the Wii U will have the best year based on the way things are looking for them in terms of sales and game selection. I know this is a Nintendo based forum, but I feel there is genuine bias for the Wii U. Sure, we can want them to do well or pretend everything is great for the console. I sort of do, because I love me some Ninty games, but looking at everything, it seems they will not have the best year. Not accounting for some stunning upset, of course.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is Nintendo a niche console?

Because they make an excess of platformers?

"Niche" is just another way of saying "one trick pony". Even then it's not like the PS4/XB1 won't have platformers. This whole mentality of "HURR DURR ONLY SHOOTERS" is a strawman that's been used for far too long.

Reactions: Foxi4 and chavosaur

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
i voted wiiU . Not really sure why , but when i look back to last year when we got the wiiu , it was a fun purchase , and still is .. This yrs PS4 wasnt the same vibe ... shitty shooter killzone . and not a lot else really ... the wiiu took a bashing for launch games around these parts... cant say the ps4 is any better ... its just a boring console right now... the menu system is Boring.. just not impressed... cant play our 3D movies either as it dont support it (as yet at least) we're still using the ps3 for this ...

overall impressions of ps4 was meh.. while the novelty of the wiiu was kinda cool.

im sure if your a pixel junkie and a fps nerd youll be a tad happier with the ps4 , but if you game for fun ... right now the wiiu is better by far.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The only thing the Wii U has going for itself is being a budget console...
Not where I live :glare:
It's only $40 less than a PS4 here.

I bought a 3DS for MarioKart 7 :mellow:

Don't judge me :cry:

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Might be a stupid question, but aren't those current generation already? If not, when will they be?

Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One are the current-gen consoles now but PS3 and Xbox 360 are still the more popular consoles over the newer ones of the 8th Gen.

It's going to take at least another 1-2 years before the 8th Gen takes over.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not where I live :glare: It's only $40 less than a PS4 here.
Don't worry man - around here you have to hunt one down with a radar because major stores just don't carry it... and I don't remember them ever carrying it... they do have games though, which is peculiar. :unsure: You can get it cheaply online though, or for a ridiculous price in the local Nerd Store which (I'm assuming) uses it as an expensive decoration. ;O;

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
>Xbox One sales slowly die out
>Hit 3 million in less then two months while the Wii U is still struggling to hit over 100k every few months
Even I can Put blind bias away but this was just ridiculous.

I just having nothing good to say about the xbox one yet, since it's not released here. Good to have you chavs! ^O^

Also Wii U isn't struggling anymore, I sell a lot of them now actually. ;p

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I honestly think we're going to see some nasty surprises this year.

On paper, nintendo has quite the line-up for exclusives, and they've got the section of young gamers pretty much cornered. And financially, they'll at least be fine. But since this is about popularity, they'll probably lose all that potential popularity due to retarded marketing (fuck...they even manage to lose popularity when announcing bayonetta 2 as a wiiu exclusive!). so they're out.

microsoft and sony are neck to neck, as it stands. I doubt that'll last.
* microsoft really either has to make sure to convince people that that kinect-thingy was a good idea and have some awesome feature for it IN A GAME, or scratch it and lower the price for one without that gimmick. Oh, and that CEO candidate better not ruin the party and announce a sale of the xbox brand.
* PS4, on the other hand, is not only cheaper as it stands but is more interesting in terms of online games you get (it might not be free anymore, but you'll certainly get some buck out of it). If nothing goes wrong and MS stays their kinect course, I'd say they are the winning camp. Unfortunately...79% chance of bankruptcy is kind of a big thing. Though that's obviously a worst case thing, I think it's not unlikely that some corners have to be cut at areas (customer service...online features...money for exclusives...).

I voted PS4. But honestly...if there was a "I don't know" button, I would have voted for it.

...but honestly: there should be an option for 'steam machines'. I doubt it will take the world by storm, but it will at least be popular in some parts...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How the fuck is the Wii U winning this poll?

And why is the Xbone so low?

Honestly GBAtemp, honestly.
Because Nintendo fanboys and apparently most people think the PS4 will do better. Keep in mind that 10 times more votes does not mean people think the Xbone will be shit, just that the PS4 will be (slightly?) better.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not where I live :glare:
It's only $40 less than a PS4 here.
Rough break, Wii U is around £150 less for a Premium console with a game...you know if PS4 was in stock around here. Still it could be worse, you could live in Brazil I think even Master Systems are still expensive there. ;)

How the fuck is the Wii U winning this poll?

And why is the Xbone so low?

Honestly GBAtemp, honestly.
37122551.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game