Hardware [PPOTW] Do you think the PS4 launch was good?

Do you think the PS4 launch was good?

• Yes

Votes: 153 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 163 46.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 34 9.7%

• Total voters

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is hilarious that the ps4 is already having errors on day one. Needing an update on day one...I just hope they fix it. And I wonder how the Xbox One will be when it releases friday.

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dang, I didn't pay much attention to the Wii U release. Is the blue light of death for the ps4 a hardware or software related issue?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone I know who got one said it was smooth.

I think the launch line up is weak. I have the first 3 playstations but I am not compelled to get a PS4 at this time. I also do not think the graphics are the usual step up I am used to between console generations. That is likely the big reason the last generation was so freaking long. So the graphics do not blow me away and there are not a good selection of games that interest me and no backward compatability, so I am going to wait.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Everyone I know who got one said it was smooth.

I think the launch line up is weak. I have the first 3 playstations but I am not compelled to get a PS4 at this time. I also do not think the graphics are the usual step up I am used to between console generations. That is likely the big reason the last generation was so freaking long. So the graphics do not blow me away and there are not a good selection of games that interest me and no backward compatability, so I am going to wait.

Just wondering, you have all previous generations. Why do you need backwards compatibility for 3 generations? This is a sincere question as someone who also has (almost) all consoles released by Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony. Only one missing is the SNES due to my brother having our shared SNES.

ps. Just as a side note, I've pre-ordered a PS4 (EU release, so in a couple of weeks). Don't need a WiiU (yet) since a few friends living close by have it. No one yet with an Xbox One pre-ordered though :unsure:

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it adds value. It would increase the consoles library of games. The more games a console can play the better.

I still have tons of PS3 games I have not played and their is not many PS4 games. It would make me more likely to buy one if I could play PS3 games on it and move the PS3 to a different room (or just use it less since I expect that it will die if used too much since about everyone I know has had a PS3 die on them).

I only ever played GBA and gamecube games because of backward compatibility.

I don't need it for 3 generations but it would be great if it could play PS3 games/ support old controllers. I understand why it can't but it's a shame.

PSone- being able to play CD's was actually a useful thing when it was released.

PS2- being able to play DVD's was huge, and working with all PS one games, controllers, memory cards was also great

PS3- Bluray playback was huge, and working with all(most) PSone and PS2 games was great. Too bad controllers and memory cards didn't work.

PS4- nothing, I guess it still plays CD-DVD-BluRay? No backwards compatibility for games or controller. Graphics jump is not as significant as previous generations.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so the number of ps4 s up for sale on craigslist in my area alone are more than 2400. that is the highest i've ever seen for any device around here. them scalpers really suck.

anyway. it's hard to say if the launch was a success due to scalpers.
the problems i've been reading about don't seem major, but if this was the iphone apple would be crucified.

i do find the graphics impressive considering we've only seen the beginning of the cycle and most games are third party. can't wait to see where it goes.

i think i will wait a good 6 months before considering to get one tho.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant say im surprised with the results of the poll, as this website is basically a Nintendo website.

What i am surprised is the jaded opinions of the games released on day 1.

Xbox360 launch? Tony Hawk, Ridge Racer 6, Sports games, Need for Speed, Cod 2 are notable.
Ps2 launch? Sports games, Ridge Racer V, Street Fighter, Tekken Tag, Unreal, Timesplitters
Gamecube launch? Luigis Mansion, Star wars Rogue Squadron II, Tony Hawk
Xbox Launch? Halo, DoA3, Jet Set Radio, Tony Hawk
PS3 Launch? Ridge Racer 7, CoD3, Sports Games, Resistance, Tony Hawk.

Listen, im not saying that some of these launch window games sucked ass, in fact PS2 and Gamecube probably had the better launch window here, ignored Halo cuz i mean Halo fans jizz seeing it even mentioned for a new game. Halo could basically be the only game on a console, and it would sell.

My point is that typically launch window games are usually not that great to begin with. To even judge a console on it is stupid anyways. That goes the same with the Xbone (X-Box-One). Give it time before stating if the launch sucked ass.

Reactions: f0rCe

KefkasMyDad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aside from battlefield 4 not working (which isnt the ps4's fault) im loving my ps4.
no issues (console side) for me, launch games are always weak but it still has some good ones, remote play via vita, the controller, all and all its a big success in my opinion, and seeing as it sold 1million in a day i think its a success overall despite the fanboys crying about other peoples broken ps4 and claiming its a flop.
"100 broken ps4's out of a million? its a fucking travesty"
the only difference between monkeys and fanboys is monkeys dont throw their shit so much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1