Shut up.

Shut up.

Shut up.

Shut up.

Shut up.

Shut up.

Shut up.

TL;DR? Shut up.
There, fixed it for you. LOL, that pretty much sums up what you said about this thread.
And yes, I quite reading after the 2nd paragraph since it's obviously the same thing over and over... much like this thread. As I've said before, this thread acts a magnet to keep people from posting elsewhere. If you don't want to read ideas that won't work, just quite viewing it. When someone actually comes up with something, it'll be in a new "Awesome 3DS hack" topic noticeably without the "theory" part. ;)

Reactions: 2 people

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if we could run an unsigned program through an exploit and our only barrier was the hyperviser, could we add a timer to the program allowing the program to run outside the hyperviser. Im guessing unlikely but just a new thought.

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Uh, I dont know if you guys heard but apperently someone got a ps2 (i think it was) controller working on the 3ds. If we can get 3rd party hardware couldn't we get something to deliver a payload?

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Uh, I dont know if you guys heard but apperently someone got a ps2 (i think it was) controller working on the 3ds. If we can get 3rd party hardware couldn't we get something to deliver a payload?
sorry ps1 controller
http://tinycartridge.com/post/18041328278/3ds-hack-adds-ps1-controller-functionality-for

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. IIRC, that's usually done by wiring the buttons' interface (via the wire) from the controller directly to the buttons' interface on the console.

Reactions: 1 person

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I don't think so. IIRC, that's usually done by wiring the buttons' interface (via the wire) from the controller directly to the buttons' interface on the console.
In this sense then, couldn't you rewire the 3ds hardware to examine how it loads in boot time? or has this been done?

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if we could run an unsigned program through an exploit and our only barrier was the hyperviser, could we add a timer to the program allowing the program to run outside the hyperviser. Im guessing unlikely but just a new thought.

Nope won't work, we need to encrypt the program to use it. Nintendo's being a major bitch about hacking the 3DS.

Since I'm getting tired of this, I'll sign in on March 27 (3DS' one year anniversary of release in USA) and see if we have anything relevant. Afterall, it took 2 years to hack the Wii. So, why should this take any longer?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope won't work, we need to encrypt the program to use it. Nintendo's being a major bitch about hacking the 3DS.

Since I'm getting tired of this, I'll sign in on March 27 (3DS' one year anniversary of release in USA) and see if we have anything relevant. Afterall, it took 2 years to hack the Wii. So, why should this take any longer?

The DSi still isn't fully hacked, you know. And it's been out for about 3 years, I believe. Maybe 2?

high.kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Theorically, can't we just dump the OS system through an app on a flashcard, and hack the device from there? Don't know, I don't know much about hacking, so what I just said is probably nonsensical.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Okay.
Let's start with free games off E-shop.

The games are downloaded, then encrypted on the 3DS right?
Or at least it has a second level encryption because of how copying and pasting the same game onto a memory card onto a second 3DS, and it won't play,
If you catch my flow.

Hence,
1. Have a program/come up with a program that monitor data sent and received on computer network (make sure nothing else uses the internet)
2. Have the Computer connected through LAN, then set up ad-hoc network for 3DS to connect to.
3. Use 3DS to download a free game off E-shop, then monitor the data through the program.
4. Do the same with another 3DS, compare differences.

Do you think this is feasible?

Also, is there a way to bypass the 30 limit on Demo games
(For example, copy the folder on Desktop, have 30 tries, replace files with the backup on desktop?)

Just trying to contribute :D

loco365

Trophies
XP
I could try the Demo limit thing you suggested. I do need to format my card because my read/write speed isn't up to par for video recording.

Edit: Nope. Didn't work. It must use the play log to track it's uses.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay.
Let's start with free games off E-shop.

The games are downloaded, then encrypted on the 3DS right?
Or at least it has a second level encryption because of how copying and pasting the same game onto a memory card onto a second 3DS, and it won't play,
If you catch my flow.

Hence,
1. Have a program/come up with a program that monitor data sent and received on computer network (make sure nothing else uses the internet)
2. Have the Computer connected through LAN, then set up ad-hoc network for 3DS to connect to.
3. Use 3DS to download a free game off E-shop, then monitor the data through the program.
4. Do the same with another 3DS, compare differences.

Do you think this is feasible?

Also, is there a way to bypass the 30 limit on Demo games
(For example, copy the folder on Desktop, have 30 tries, replace files with the backup on desktop?)

Just trying to contribute :D
Both your theories have already been brought up. Communications between the 3DS and eShop are encrypted, so you can't analyse the data sent back and forth. Also, backing up the demo before playing it was one of the first things people tried when demos were released.

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
@Queno138 you should take some time and read the previous "theories". everything downloaded to the 3ds is encrypted with public and private keys, also even if the demo is downloaded to sdcard data like the counter is saved in the 3ds memory also encrypted. wifi sniffing seems unlikely but maybe a nintendo usb wifi dongle "might" help which i actually doubt. best case scenario, hardware mod seems best choice and we have been over this lots of times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here