Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FWIW I didn't realise he was talking about downgrading from a higher version, that definitely won't work without a kernel exploit because of the ssl encryption.

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if anyone else would be interested but is a Sega VMU emulator at all possible? it would be fun to play around with Chao Adventure and the plethora of homebrews for the VMU

there's already a decent Pokemon Mini emulator out there so i can't imagine a VMU emulator being too difficult to make

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey i got a new idea. Will this work? I "emulate" the nintendo update servers by redirecting their addresses via proxy to my pc which is hosting the 9.2 update files and click update on the 3ds. Quite sure it wont work (does it have protection against this?), but maybe? Sysupdater can downgrade as well on devmode with firmlaunch off and no patches applied with no problem at all. Now then, tell me why this wont work and if you don't then i will get to work on this if you tell me to go for it or there aren't any problems with it. Please so i can go and do it (Also looking for someone with a working hardmod on o3ds to test this) What do you think of my idea? Will it work or should i scrap this? So the nus cdn download sites i redirect them with dns proxy to my pc and update from the 3ds and 3ds will download the 9.2 files as the "latest" update. Any reason why this wont work and maybe i will make this available to the public if this will work. Tell me why it wont work if there is a reason for that please.

So basically i use a proxy and dns to change the nintendo nus addresses to redirect to my pc and the 3ds will download 9.2 "update" from that and install it. And maybe this won't work so thats why i want someone with a hardmod to try this if it bricks with a o3ds and a n3ds

Try it and see...

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
A app to run DS games on the SD card would be nice.
Well maybe not, because ds mode is normally loaded through slot 1 and only reads from slot 1, but dsiware can be loaded from sd card. Not sure if you can inject nds roms into dsiware though, but you need kernel access and it might not even be compatible anyway. And a NDS emulator will be just too slow and there wont really be a point. Just get a flashcart, they are cheap, maybe get one from ozmodchips, if they post to new zealand.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Ronhero and others have been working on that idea, something about hosting the files in the right format, don't know their current progress.
Really? Can you give me a link to their project, and also i wonder how they came on this idea, did they steal mine or was it a coincidence lol because i was wondering if someone else already suggested it and tried it so i asked

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I personally would have like to see a good mp3/flac player which can scrobble music to last.fm and a GBA emulator would be pretty cool too so I don't have to buy a flashcard for my SP.
Here's and idea how about Pkhex on 3sd homebrew browser so we can edit are save right from the 3ds homebrew.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we utilize 3DS Download Play to either run an exploit or run a (hacked) 3DS ROM? I know that you can run a Nintendo Zone wi-fi from your PC, as well as have SmashBrosHax run homebrew via wireless connection. Couldn't we manipulate that app to run a file?

Edit: I should mention that an old thread I found showed that the regular DS Download Play could run injected .nds files, partially where this idea comes from.

Last edited by PF2M,

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IRC is too short to search so I can't tell if this has been requested(probably has), but an IRC client would be awesome.

I know epub reader has been. I'll keep my hopes in check on that front though since it seems a lot less likely.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IRC is too short to search so I can't tell if this has been requested(probably has), but an IRC client would be awesome.

I know epub reader has been. I'll keep my hopes in check on that front though since it seems a lot less likely.

According to the first post of this thread, something called "MapleIRC" exists. I don't know if it works, but it won't hurt to try!

Reactions: Arseface_TM

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the first post of this thread, something called "MapleIRC" exists. I don't know if it works, but it won't hurt to try!
Unless I'm missing something, it lacks a way to input symbols. So I can't switch channels or input commands. It also appears to have been abandoned.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Suggestion: "Super Mario Maker 3DS"
Basically a rom-hacking tool for Super Mario Bros. 3 on NES or Super Mario World on SNES, with an integrated emulator for live testing.
Original NES Super Mario Bros. hacking is a pain in the ass as it doesn't let one add objects, it is only possible to change their type/position, definitely not the best game to hack, besides it is really limited.

Right now I have no time to dedicate to that, university takes a lot of time, and I already have a project I work on (3CS2 as I called it), so maybe I'd work on that later (like in months ^-^).

DaveRoyal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to love scene demos from years ago, and thought why not do it on the 3DS?

Scrollies, playing Amiga .mod files, metaballs, Purple Motion, etc.

Where to start? I've looked in the git repo from Smealum, but didn't see anything about playing sounds.

I'm going to continue looking around here, but just thought I'd throw out some feelers.

Dave 'Wheels' Royal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...