Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything we can do with System Settings to get a kernel exploit? E.G. save file editing and that kind of thing?

Also, I noticed that the recently released OoT3Dhax is just an edited version of Ironhax. Could we get that kind thing to work with, say, Paper Mario: Sticker Star?

EDIT: I could really use a method to add credits in Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder, too.

Last edited by PF2M,

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Would anyone be interested in making a Binding of Isaac Rebirth Save Editor? I already got 100% on the PC version and I really don't want to put the effort/blood/sweat/tears into getting Real Platinum God a 2nd time on the N3DS.
I saw a post on either /r/bindingofisaac or /r/3DS explaining how to move your PC save to 3DS.

Ryuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
  • A way to start games without getting out of the HBL (not just cartridges with the region free app)
  • Image editor

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[IDEA] Change n3ds (on 9.2) system language for systems that do not have the option. Example. New 3DS from Japan to enable English Language. Via a homebrew or cia file. Sysnand maybe?

Noise964

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possibility of boosting the volume of the 3DS above max with homebrew? at least when headphones are plugged in. I have a fairly strong hunch it's not possible with ninjhax but playing 3DS games with headphones on at max volume isn't very loud, especially with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. For a game with such a good score it sure is quiet.

Reactions: I pwned U!

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wouldnt it be neat if we had an app that displays the results of 3dsdb to not rely on a internet connection. The app would simply download the current DB and could be updateable with a simple internet connection.

Ryuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
  • An app that deletes downloaded system updates that are not installed (I know there's a method, but it wouldn't hurt to have this).
  • An app that runs games with the ability of taking screnshots (I think this is not possible without kernel access, but might as well to request if it is).

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldnt it be neat if we had an app that displays the results of 3dsdb to not rely on a internet connection. The app would simply download the current DB and could be updateable with a simple internet connection.
Think someone made one of those, have a rummage in the rom hacking/translation/utils subforum.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i got a new idea. Will this work? I "emulate" the nintendo update servers by redirecting their addresses via proxy to my pc which is hosting the 9.2 update files and click update on the 3ds. Quite sure it wont work (does it have protection against this?), but maybe? Sysupdater can downgrade as well on devmode with firmlaunch off and no patches applied with no problem at all. Now then, tell me why this wont work and if you don't then i will get to work on this if you tell me to go for it or there aren't any problems with it. Please so i can go and do it (Also looking for someone with a working hardmod on o3ds to test this) What do you think of my idea? Will it work or should i scrap this? So the nus cdn download sites i redirect them with dns proxy to my pc and update from the 3ds and 3ds will download the 9.2 files as the "latest" update. Any reason why this wont work and maybe i will make this available to the public if this will work. Tell me why it wont work if there is a reason for that please.

So basically i use a proxy and dns to change the nintendo nus addresses to redirect to my pc and the 3ds will download 9.2 "update" from that and install it. And maybe this won't work so thats why i want someone with a hardmod to try this if it bricks with a o3ds and a n3ds

Reactions: antiNT

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but why not? Does nintendo have measures against this im not sure. But this is not a exploit that depends on a security flaw, now is it, now even sysupdater as a CIA can downgrade the system, but now this is using the official nintendo updater instead of the homebrew sysupdater app

Last edited by ironmaster49,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah the real estate market is in utter ruins, unemployment is sky rocketing, just a huge mess