Hacking Possibility to fix unknown problem on 3DS with A9lH Using a working 3DS?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to day is Monday, i have a new 3DS (Yes is a new 3ds as in the upgrade, but is new-er cause i had one already) And is working with 10.7 firmware. I will be installing A9lh on it, but i was curious about my old one. Is not functioning right currently. If you wanna know more, i have a post about it already, and if you wanna know why i made another one is to keep things a bit organized according to me.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/home-me...-and-freeze-system-with-music-playing.441259/

Now short story is, it has a9lh already, been working fine until about 2 weeks ago, i was playing phoenix wright ace attourney trilogy, downloaded from free shop. I saved the game and quit, cause i wanted to use decrypt9 to Extract GBA VC save data, so i went to load it by payload. Except i accidentally clicked a different option, not sure which one but i didn't extract it. Anyway i exit to load the system menu to resume game, but the menu never loads, all i can hear is the music from home menu. As far as fixing, i have tried any possible options which are in the link above with no results so i didn't knon what to do.

So i now have the working system and non working system. So i was curious to know if i can fix it possibably? Also as a bonus, if i can't i need a way to extract my save data, So i can continue on another 3DS, If i can't load system menu, is there any other way? I thought if is possible to load homebrew loader from boot without system menu, that maybe i can use save manager. I really hate all the encrypted files and such, the saves are encrypted to the specific systems, is annoying i can't just copy and paste to use on different system.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe you could install the SD less A9LH and try to boot without SD? Or try to boot with a sd card with only Arm9loaderhax.bin in it? or try deleting the exdata folder of your Nintendo3DS folder, or at least move it out of the folder.

Maybe your SD reader is broken? or your SD? or your wifi chip/module?

Edit: Try restoring a 9.2 Nand backup with Decrypt9wip without keeping A9LH and try booting with that?
Maybe try recovery mode (if it loads that is)...or try a Nand backup prior to the bug...

Last edited by Amapola62,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well to day is Monday, i have a new 3DS (Yes is a new 3ds as in the upgrade, but is new-er cause i had one already) And is working with 10.7 firmware. I will be installing A9lh on it, but i was curious about my old one. Is not functioning right currently. If you wanna know more, i have a post about it already, and if you wanna know why i made another one is to keep things a bit organized according to me.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/home-me...-and-freeze-system-with-music-playing.441259/

Now short story is, it has a9lh already, been working fine until about 2 weeks ago, i was playing phoenix wright ace attourney trilogy, downloaded from free shop. I saved the game and quit, cause i wanted to use decrypt9 to Extract GBA VC save data, so i went to load it by payload. Except i accidentally clicked a different option, not sure which one but i didn't extract it. Anyway i exit to load the system menu to resume game, but the menu never loads, all i can hear is the music from home menu. As far as fixing, i have tried any possible options which are in the link above with no results so i didn't knon what to do.

So i now have the working system and non working system. So i was curious to know if i can fix it possibably? Also as a bonus, if i can't i need a way to extract my save data, So i can continue on another 3DS, If i can't load system menu, is there any other way? I thought if is possible to load homebrew loader from boot without system menu, that maybe i can use save manager. I really hate all the encrypted files and such, the saves are encrypted to the specific systems, is annoying i can't just copy and paste to use on different system.
to carry your saves over you could probably follow this guide
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

Last edited by gamesquest1, , Reason: no, im not one of those "a9lh fixes everytink" guys :P )

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If you can use Decrypt9 in the both systems you can try with the SD Encryptor and Decryptor or try making a Manual System Transfer.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can use Decrypt9 in the both systems you can try with the SD Encryptor and Decryptor or try making a Manual System Transfer.
Anyway i exit to load the system menu to resume game, but the menu never loads, all i can hear is the music from home menu.
There is no way to do a system transfer if i can't load the home menu. :mellow:

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I know I mean a Manual System Transfer that is this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/
Or try with the SD Encryptor and Decryptor of Decrypt9 if you can use it in both systems.
For your purchased content you can contact Nintendo via their support page according to your location and console system region (the last because Nintendo Support seems to can only access and use information from consoles from the same region).

Last edited by Clector,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you are in the black screen with the home menu music, what happens if you press power? Do you see the power off screen? Can you boot into the recovery menu?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think, there is firm protection for the recovery menu but I am not sure...(might be possible to PM Aurora Wright or TuxSH...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...