Homebrew [POLL] What kinds of guides do you want to see/think would be helpful?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,577
  • Replies 15
  • Likes 1

What kinds of polls do you want to see/think would help the community?

• More Custom Firmware Guides! (Luma/ReiNAND)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Content guides! (Dumping content/saves, extracting, rebuilding, etc.)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Guides for PC Tools!

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Other! (please specify below)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
The title says it all. I'm looking for answers to help me build some effective guides for the community, so I've attached a poll to this thread.

The poll is very generic. For this reason, I would appreciate if you responded with what you voted, and what in particular you would want a guide for.

Ex: I voted for cfw guides because i want to learn how to use rosalina effectively.

Reactions: BetterDuck

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see a new tutorial on creating custom banners. Yeah I know there are some but they are outdated as hell, and confusing to boot. Granted, I managed just fine but still for the life of me couldn't get my 3D model+animations banner built with everything working, so I just went with a stable pic.

I also think a tutorial for compiling common programs would be useful for most people here that either don't know how to do it, are new, or just don't know how to set up a dev environment properly. (There might be one already, I dunno Lol I've been using VS for years).

Reactions: NekoMichi

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see a new tutorial on creating custom banners. Yeah I know there are some but they are outdated as hell, and confusing to boot. Granted, I managed just fine but still for the life of me couldn't get my 3D model+animations banner built with everything working, so I just went with a stable pic.

I also think a tutorial for compiling common programs would be useful for most people here that either don't know how to do it, are new, or just don't know how to set up a dev environment properly. (There might be one already, I dunno Lol I've been using VS for years).
yeah, I would also like one guide to make 3d banners

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to sound redundant.. I really want a Stream guide for N3DS.. Using what ever people are using now :( i have looked at old and semi new post and i cant figure it out..

D

Deleted User

OP

This is going to sound redundant.. I really want a Stream guide for N3DS.. Using what ever people are using now :( i have looked at old and semi new post and i cant figure it out..
Yeah. I'll add em to my to do list. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Reactions: OfficialFBomb

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see more noob-friendly content guides because when I first got into the scene a month or two ago I was so God damn lost dude. I didn't understand a damn thing. I don't need it much anymore since I've got a decent understanding, but for people like me who are kinda slow, it would be really useful.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i got it to work from a youtube video.. People are using KitKat now? I had to disable firewall, use NTR Selector 3.6, debugging is always already on. And it seems to work, with low quality and low fps (i need a new router but didn't want to buy one until i could get this to work)

Problem was other guides here always use other parts of ntr viewer with (cant remember the name), with python and ntr selector 3.4 and i would always get the white screen, and not be able to connect, they were mostly older guides i guess?

Am i using this right though, they way i have it set up

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i got it to work from a youtube video.. People are using KitKat now? I had to disable firewall, use NTR Selector 3.6, debugging is always already on. And it seems to work, with low quality and low fps (i need a new router but didn't want to buy one until i could get this to work)

Problem was other guides here always use other parts of ntr viewer with (cant remember the name), with python and ntr selector 3.4 and i would always get the white screen, and not be able to connect, they were mostly older guides i guess?

Am i using this right though, they way i have it set up
You must have been following extremely old video guides. Yes KitKat is the standard and it's extremely easy to use. Make sure the PC is dedicating all of its wireless resources (including Bluetooth) towards the streaming. Also, do you have input redirection set up? It's easy to do and let's you control the 3ds with a keyboard/gamepad.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not, i am semi illiterate.. It was recommended i hard wire my pc to my router (my pc is a alienware laptop with internal bt and 5ghz killer wifi) (my router is a netgear C6250-100NAS) This is literally the first time i have tried KitKat. Most of the guides i found on the first 5 pages were from mid 2016 using oldish software. I gave up for 7 months until i saw the kit kit video on youtube. How would i in win 10 creators send all wireless and bt resources to the stream. And i could go for some input redirection also lol

D

Deleted User

OP
I'd like to see more noob-friendly content guides because when I first got into the scene a month or two ago I was so God damn lost dude. I didn't understand a damn thing. I don't need it much anymore since I've got a decent understanding, but for people like me who are kinda slow, it would be really useful.
Can you explain some of the things you were having trouble with?

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm some what there too, i was wondering how i could dump downloaded games into cia format.. Old guides didn't work and someone would mention using god9 to do it, but not explain how. I know i boot god9 with start when i boot the system.. Does it also dump updates and dlc?

Nevermind lol

I think new guides should be sticky'd to the top for new users, and when they become old removed.

Last edited by OfficialFBomb,
Reactions: BetterDuck
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm some what there too, i was wondering how i could dump downloaded games into cia format.. Old guides didn't work and someone would mention using god9 to do it, but not explain how. I know i boot god9 with start when i boot the system.. Does it also dump updates and dlc?

Nevermind lol
i was about to send a link again but then i saw the "nervermind lol" when I quoted your post.

GBAtemp really needs a live edit view

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1