Hardware Poll: What do you think of the Switch?

What do you think of the Switch?

• Looks great! I'm definitely interested

Votes: 762 55.8%
  • Intriguing, but I'll wait to know more before I make up my mind

Votes: 467 34.2%
  • Not really interested, I don't see the appeal

Votes: 64 4.7%
  • WTF Nintendo? what is this crap

Votes: 73 5.3%

• Total voters

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest fear: The Battery, this is going to be a really demanding device, so it its an issue with today gaming.
Secondly, the trailer did not feature any sort of "Media" option, as be able to play movies, nor streaming. ''So Far".
Since they got rid of the SD input, my bet goes on the flash carts, which i hope they cost less then 50 bucks.

just a side note: doesn't the controller looks like.. if you hold just one, the depad seems almost in the middle instead of the right? like you would have to grab the controller almost in the middle to use the dpad.
The media option isn't too important to me, but considering the nature of the trailer I'm not surprised that they didn't show one.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
They killed the WiiU long before it should've been killed off. They have no 3rd party games for the WiiU. Whats telling us it will be better than the WiiU?
With their history I doubt it'll last a year.
People remember what they did with the WiiU and they dont want to be burned again.

Reactions: 0scar64

baselhamad

"F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Wii U is anything to go by then yes, we should expect CoD, Fifa in the first year. They might be a basic port but the big question will be if EA/Activision will support the console throughout the lifetime or they'll just abandon it quickly.
yay :)

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
News straight from the horse's mouth - the dock only charges the system and transfers the image to the TV, it doesn't do anything beyond that - shame. The Switch also features Amiibo support which was not presented in the video.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/10/...nintendo-switch-clarifies-additional-features
You can still count that they could up the system clock when docked to allow higher resolutions on TV than in mobile mode (which is likely to be 720p).
Or the contrary but same concept, downclock the system on mobile mode and lower the resolution to 720p (no need for more if the tablet screen is 720p) for better battery life.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can still count that they could up the system clock when docked to allow higher resolutions on TV than in mobile mode (which is likely to be 720p).
Or the contrary but same concept, downclock the system on mobile mode and lower the resolution to 720p (no need for more if the tablet screen is 720p) for better battery life.
That goes without saying, most mobile devices have a power saver mode like that.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
That goes without saying, most mobile devices have a power saver mode like that.
I hope, we are talking about Nintendo and Nvidia here.
Nintendo doesn't know how to adapt and Nvidia doesn't know how switchable graphics work (just look at Optimus compared to AMD switchable graphics)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hope, we are talking about Nintendo and Nvidia here.
Nintendo doesn't know how to adapt and Nvidia doesn't know how switchable graphics work (just look at Optimus compared to AMD switchable graphics)
Never had any major issues with Optimus, in fact, it has plenty of features Catalyst lacks. It's also not a matter of switchable graphics at all - the system basically just detects an output switch, it's not rocket science.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I voted "Intriguing, but I'll wait to know more before I make up my mind" (this morning, but I can barely type on a tablet). My reasoning is somewhere in the announcement thread, but I'll repeat them here:

-nobody has an idea what games it will have or how they'll turn out (which, let's face it, is of absolutely crucial importance in the success or failure).
-does that thing even has a touchscreen? And if so, is it a good one?

There aren't any answers to this, because as of now it's like the reveal isn't complete. Shouldn't this poll be better if we at least knew the launch games? :unsure:

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's just a gamepad tablet that plays nintendo brand games, The only thing I don't like is,
1) Screen too small
2) Parts looks breakable if not put on right
3) Feels too much like a wikipad
4) Screen should of been no glass 3D
5) No where near the Power of PS4 and Xbone
6) Not New Tech, Already doing this with Any Android Tab with bluetooth Controllers
7) docking station looks like it will scratch the screen
8) Looks to plain
9) will die as fast as Wii U
10) too much money for games , Why? most android/ipad games don't be costing $39-59 each.

I love Nintendo, but this is not the Next Gen I was looking for, But I will still buy it just to have, collection dust like my Wii, Wii U, Virtual Boy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1