Hacking [Poll] Bans and "send information about the console to Nintendo"

Were you banned, and did you have this option enabled?

• I have it enabled and was banned

Votes: 328 32.1%
  • I have it enabled and was NOT banned

Votes: 359 35.2%
  • I have it disabled and was banned

Votes: 53 5.2%
  • I have it disabled and was NOT banned

Votes: 281 27.5%

• Total voters

Deaga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
NOT banned.

I had the option of sending/downloading stuff via spotpass turned ON, only turned them off after hearing about the bans.

Currently on 11.2 firmware with boot9strap and Luma 3DS. (Thanks for that, Aurora! :) )

About two weeks ago I changed to a DNS that blocks updates and, I'd imagine, spotpass stuff. Not sure if relevant, but decided to mention just in case.

I have a few homebrew CIAs installed. FBI, Lumaupdater, the updater for MHXX English translation, etc.

I never played with edited saves online.

However, I regularly play MHXX online (out of region; I have an american system) using the translation patch. Never cheated online either.

The game I kept as favorite title for friend list was MH4U, which I bought legitimately. However, since the ban wave, I just turned that off.

I have used Freeshop in the past, but NOT recently. I think it's been a few months since I last downloaded anything there.

I WAS HIT by the SuMo ban wave previously and unbanned myself from online using a private localfriendcodeseed_b. However, I didn't do anything to restore eShop access; to this day I can't go into that with my current system.

EDIT - Added more information, changed format a bit.

Last edited by Deaga,

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
My MH4U N3DS XL was hit during the SuMo banwave but I unbanned it using my 2DS (which is now banned). My Galaxy N3DS XL (main system) seems to be fine at the moment. All three are on B9S and I have stayed away from FreeShop on my main system.

Had FreeShop and I am not banned but I erased it just in case.

Spazturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not banned yet.

EUR N3DS

Had it off since before A9LH was released (IIRC) and am not banned, I have also had StreetPass disabled (SpotPass doesn't work if StreePass is disabled) since the Pokemon S&M bans (IIRC).

I had disabled sharing data since it was known to cause disconnects when playing MH4U multiplayer.

Sharing with friends was enabled but is now disabled.

Installed lots of homebrew CIAs, custom VC games, modified system titles, played out of region games and modded games, have freeshop, using a DS flashcart.

Never used ctr-httpwn or other methods of going online with a lower friends module though.

Last edited by Spazturtle,

BorntoPlay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
how many of you installed FE echoes dlc with freeshop? i think that was the reason in my case......my new 3ds xl is banned...:(

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ever since I installed Luma on my console (never access to eShop before, was on 10.2) I've turned it off.
However it might not be fully off since it still downloads some SpotPass data here and there, despite the automatic downloads option being switched off as well.

rafael93fn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
how many of you installed FE echoes dlc with freeshop? i think that was the reason in my case......my new 3ds xl is banned...:(
Not me. Just the game, but no dlcs (with ciangel). I have a 2ds and its just fine. I also switched off spotpass info share and that favorite game stuff on friend list. Just tested 5 minutes ago and still no ban. Oh, I also have no modded 3ds games or savefiles, but do have regular 3ds games from ciangel and freeshop. On top of that, I have a few GBA injections. Not sure if it's relevant, but I haven't played online in 4 months.
EDIT: Forgot to mention I don't have an NNID.

Last edited by rafael93fn,

Skrz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Nintendo 3DS (just bought it used this month) was banned even though it did not have custom firmware installed. It was working fine last morning and then when I tried playing online today, I was banned from online play. I was confused, so I contacted a Nintendo representative and they said that they could not doing anything about it. Afterwards, I contacted the previous owner of my 3DS and after talking with each other for a while, he eventually said that he did use custom firmware, but removed it from his system before selling it. So now, I'm screwed because I purchased a used 3DS that was previously hacked.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
My Nintendo 3DS (just bought it used this month) was banned even though it did not have custom firmware installed. It was working fine last morning and then when I tried playing online today, I was banned from online play. I was confused, so I contacted a Nintendo representative and they said that they could not doing anything about it. Afterwards, I contacted the previous owner of my 3DS and after talking with each other for a while, he eventually said that he did use custom firmware, but removed it from his system before selling it. So now, I'm screwed because I purchased a used 3DS that was previously hacked.
Give us a proof that your console is not hacked.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
OK,just checked my N3DS

Spotpass was on all the time,it even downloaded for me some shortcuts in the past.
Have new freeshop and games from it,also some games downloaded from FBI.

Was A9Lh then upgraded to b9s.

Signed now to Pokemon Shuffle and everything is ok,for now.

Turned off the spotpass before signing in.

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just played Badge Arcade here. NOT BANNED.

My setup:

N3DS - B9S + Luma 7.1

EmuNand 11.4U (My original profile Nand):
- NNID linked;
- Friendlist sharing playing titles is ENABLED;
- MiiStreetPlaza with DLC minigame got free (have no idea the english name, but is the one that plays with Stocks simulator);
- SpotPass settings are both ENABLED;
- All content installed was bought in eShop, including Pokemon games;
- Zelda theme bought;
- Never installed any homebrew CIA;
- FBI is injected as H&S, that I use to do regular save game backup, and ONLY for this purpose.

SysNand 11.4U (used for everything else):
- No NNID;
- No Mii created, so can't access friendlist, neither MiiStreetPlaza;
- Never entered eShop;
- SpotPass settings are both NO;
- freeshop3 + FBI + NTRCfw + TWLoader + JKSM + HMBLauncher, etc;
- Several VC games installed using freeshop;
- All updates installed using freeshop.

So, I have a fully 'piracy' SysNand, but that is isolated with sharing information, and a almost fully OFW emunand, with only FBI injected as H&S.
I suspect the titleID list being shared is the culprist, as @Aurora Wright suspects.

Last edited by MegaBoyEXE,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
On a facebook group some people says their ban has vanished, And they can Go online again
Well I just checked my friendslist, still 002-0102, but who knows. I still think this massive ban is strange. I mean it's a massve amount of 3DSes and potential revenue lose if people refuse to buy stuff from them.

But also source? Screenshot from where they stated they were banned and now unbanned to make it more clear.

D

Deleted-19228

I'm going to assume if I can load eShop I'm OK. Funny enough, this system was previously banned for going online with Pokes early and I unbanned it. Still seems to not be banned.

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I just checked my friendslist, still 002-0102, but who knows. I still think this massive ban is strange. I mean it's a massve amount of 3DSes and potential revenue lose if people refuse to buy stuff from them.

But also source? Screenshot from where they stated they were banned and now unbanned to make it more clear.
Give me a moment please, im chatting with him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170525-214657.png
    Screenshot_20170525-214657.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 451

touholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm going to assume if I can load eShop I'm OK. Funny enough, this system was previously banned for going online with Pokes early and I unbanned it. Still seems to not be banned.
Nah,eshop works even if you are banned.You can use friends list or any game with multiplayer mode to check the status.

XRaTiX

Trophies
XP
Country
And another one,wtf? (The final comment).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-25-21-50-18.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-25-21-50-18.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 507

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password