Hacking [Poll] Bans and "send information about the console to Nintendo"

Were you banned, and did you have this option enabled?

• I have it enabled and was banned

Votes: 328 32.1%
  • I have it enabled and was NOT banned

Votes: 359 35.2%
  • I have it disabled and was banned

Votes: 53 5.2%
  • I have it disabled and was NOT banned

Votes: 281 27.5%

• Total voters

IdontspeakeEnglish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I disabled all wireless connections in the settings and through parental control. Not banned. Old 3ds of the American region with firmware for European. Games of the European region. On the night of the wave of bans everything was switched on and lay in the standby mode. Disconnected wi-fi when leaving the house, and after reading about the wave of bans did all the above actions before turning on. Every day to check I play in the mario kart 1-3 arrival.

Where do they collect information from those who did not get into the ban? It's hard for me to search in English (see my nickname)

D

Deleted User

I enabled both settings since I use this 3DS. Haven't do online play since the ban wave came out. I think I get better not to try to turn on my wireless connection right now, for safety. So, just let's consider that my console is still not banned, what can I do beside disabling both settings and clearing activity log? What do I need to back up with GM9 or D9? I have my virgin 9.2 NAND backed up long time ago.

I'm using B9 Luma3DS 7.1 11.4U O3DS.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enabled both settings since I use this 3DS. Haven't do online play since the ban wave came out. I think I get better not to try to turn on my wireless connection right now, for safety. So, just let's consider that my console is still not banned, what can I do beside disabling both settings and clearing activity log? What do I need to back up with GM9 or D9? I have my virgin 9.2 NAND backed up long time ago.

I'm using B9 Luma3DS 7.1 11.4U O3DS.
Nothing you can back up will unban you. If you get banned, you'll need to either not play online or use a new seed. Restoring a NAND shouldn't help, but some people say it does for whatever reason. Also, what do you mean by virgin NAND? Is this a pre-CFW NAND?

D

Deleted User

Nothing you can back up will unban you. If you get banned, you'll need to either not play online or use a new seed. Restoring a NAND shouldn't help, but some people say it does for whatever reason. Also, what do you mean by virgin NAND? Is this a pre-CFW NAND?
Yes, NAND after I downgraded it to 9.2. Just homebrew-ed, not yet CFW-ed.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, NAND after I downgraded it to 9.2. Just homebrew-ed, not yet CFW-ed.
I wouldn't do that, just use a public friendcodeseed_B and then turn off your wifi. Once this whole ban wave thing is over, you can convince someone really helpful to give you theirs.

AllenHirai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got banned but i unbanned my self

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and it is easy to unban go on youtube

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm the unban method was the same for like months so get ur facts right it is the same error code also so yeah shut up
Dude, chill. The reason behind my logic is because the public localfriendcodeseed_B can become out of date really quickly. Plus, written guides are better because they're easier to update. So no, get YOUR facts straight.

P.S. If you're going to call someone stupid, at least use proper grammar -_-

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2DS still not banned, checked Mario Kart online and played (lost) a match just fine.

Today i got a N3DSXL Galaxy (planning to give the 2DS to my nephew and niece to play) and decided to install b9s+luma on it.

Updating from 11.2 to 11.4 didn't automatically enable spotpass from system settings, it stays off (i disabled it before doing anything else). Also share info with Nintendo inside Mii Plaza was off by default.

Not sure if any of this is relevant but i thought it would be nice to share.

Last edited by Mysuke,

AllenHirai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, chill. The reason behind my logic is because the public localfriendcodeseed_B can become out of date really quickly. Plus, written guides are better because they're easier to update. So no, get YOUR facts straight.

P.S. If you're going to call someone stupid, at least use proper grammar -_-[/QUOTE
Do u no English? I did not call anyone stupid and the videos I was talking about were the ones that require 2 3ds not the public ones those are shit

Do u no English? I did not call anyone stupid and the videos I was talking about were the ones that require 2 3ds not the public ones those are shit

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, I should've said that you implied that I was stupid. Also, videos on any subject of 3DS hacking have a history of doing stuff wrong. So maybe the video your talking about hasn't done anything wrong, but I still wouldn't trust YouTube for 3DS hacking guides. Remember that dude, yakacolumbia (or at least, something like that)? He bricked a butt load of 3DSes because he told everyone to use his OTP file. So, I would try to avoid Youtube as much as possible when looking for guides on 3DS hacking.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Dogenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's just a theory but what if the data that nintendo collected was from months ago?Like if they got the data months ago and kept it until now, i had this idea because i've installed a9lh on my 3DS almost a year ago and 1-2 months ago i've installed it on around 10 more 3DSs, none of them is banned with the setting on but mine was banned (setting on too), maybe they though to keep the data to ban people when b9s was released or they had to be sure the players were actually using CFW

Last edited by Dogenberg,
D

Deleted-19228

The kid is 12...cut him some slack.

Reactions: Thelostrune

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
And if the ban wave is due to play online games from a different region to the console? Many download cias from where they seem best, even from places where they do not specify the region

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if the ban wave is due to play online games from a different region to the console? Many download cias from where they seem best, even from places where they do not specify the region
The ban wave could've been triggered by a number of things. Illegitimate CIA files are definitely one theory...

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The ban wave could've been triggered by a number of things. Illegitimate CIA files are definitely one theory...

Well, I said it because I have years playing online but only with games from my region and I have seen people who recently have hacked and this banned. If it is some other reason than that (in my opinion) it was already to be banned long ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you