Homebrew PokesavDS (dev thread)

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
i used a program that i had downloaded which converts files from 512Kb to 1Mb however i'm not sure about the specifics on how they are compresses/encoded, also i forgot the name of the site(i'll post the site name once the guy who gave me the link is online)..

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this only supports saves of 512 that means it can only work with diamond and pearl. The 1mb save is needed for Plat HG and SS otherwise you get errors in the game. Pokesave for the pc has a separate version for Plat because of the new save format.

Great work on the app though I know once you have the research on the 1mb save you can add support. I do have a question If I clone a pokemon with an item will it dup the item too? Probably yes but i just wanted confirmation.

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i mean by errors is that if you don't have the full save (1mb) not everything works depending on how far you got in the game and how much you have done you won't be able to download events or any other online content. Its here on gbatemp i just got to find it again.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
well i have the converter however i wanted to know from where i had downloaded it, if only depravo was online..well since most of the events haven't started as yet and also considering quite a few people have claimed of finishing the game but not complained of any errors so i guess i'll just wait till it gets official in this site or elsewhere..

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
ah thanks i was looking for it but i somehow missed it..
yaynds.gif

i hope Chase-san can have a look at that file to figure out a way to support 1Mb save files..

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
nightbreed813 said:
If this only supports saves of 512 that means it can only work with diamond and pearl. The 1mb save is needed for Plat HG and SS otherwise you get errors in the game.

OKAY, kid gloves are off.

Considering I am making a "Save Editor", and all, I like to think I know at least a little bit about how the save files for pokemon work. HGSS has a 512kb raw file, just like how Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum have 512kb raw save files.

To be completely honest the save files have a great deal of 'empty' space in them.
Each save consists of two complete save 'files', each of these blocks is composed of two smaller blocks (the large and small block if you know the lingo).
One of those 'files' comes to a grand total of only 137744 bytes (~134.5 kb) in HGSS. this means only about 52% of the entire 512 kb is used.

If this was a couple bytes smaller you could fit an entire raw save into a 256 KB file. 1 mb are you insane? What do you need almost 755 kb of empty space for? Nothing. Okay.

QUOTE(nightbreed813 @ Oct 3 2009, 08:01 PM) Pokesave for the pc has a separate version for Plat because of the new save format.
Yes, yes it does, but NOT because of some new save file size. Its format is very similar to Diamond and Pearls, right down the box orginization, sure a few offsets here and there are changed but its all in the same order, in the same areas. I think COM is just too lazy to make an 'all-in-one' save editor for pokemon 4th generation games.

(so far my save editor is smaller in file size, and I have to do all the low level stuff by hand, and I have image resources+music)

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I noticed that moving things around with the party glitches the party data. I have already fixed that for r7. (plus tons of other stuff too!)

mauripena

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
its true.
this editor can glitch pokemon very easily.
and playing in platinum you need to double save to see the current save in the editor. (the 256 double save feature- you know...)

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have r7 now. Its much less buggy now. This is mostly a bugfix edition, though there are a good number of good features too.

+ Added Game Stat Viewer (Not just IV/EV)
+ Added Numeric Species Reference
+ Added Numeric/Alphabetic Species Sort
+ Added Held Item Editing
+ Added button to return to main menu
= Improved Graphical Stability! (a lil)
= Fixed Party Stat Calculation (yay)
= Changed Abilities to Alphabetic Sort
= Internal Rebuilding
= Fixed tons of minor bugs (most you may not even of noticed)

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, couple of things with this. Firstly, r6 had corrupted some of my pokemon, notably upping the level of my pokemon significantly. I realise this has been fixed, and I kept a backup of my save, so that's all good now. I can confirm that that is no longer a problem anymore.

However, another thing I noticed is that sometimes, maybe when in a certain area, your changes do not take any affect.

Example (in Soul Silver)
I had saved on Route 3. I used PPSEDS r7 to change my Graveller to a Golem and my Kadabra to an Alakazam, because I couldn't be bothered getting out my other DS to evolve it. I also took the advantage of giving my Kadabra (now Alakazam) Thunder Punch, because you can no longer buy the TM. However, when I went back to my game, nothing had changed. I went back to PPSEDS and checked if I had saved it properly. All the changes I made were still there, so something had to have changed. After scratching my head for a while, I thought I might save in Pewter City and try again. Lo and behold, it worked.

Oh, and by the dub, I find this more stable than the current Pokesav for HG/SS. I can edit my pokemon without my name turning to question marks. Keep the revisions coming.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Seems some of the block loading is failing (where loads backup save rather then current save). I will look into why that is. I thought I had it figured out (the last 2 times)..

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Oi, 7.2, Fixed that save error (I decided to take a look at my library and spotted the dumb dumb mistake, it was consisting of 1 symbol I forgot!)

Have fun
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    EAT LOTS OF ORANGES :P
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat mor Chikn!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh and you aren't allowed to make @Psionic Roshambo cry only once a week
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    oh and you get paid 90% below minimum wage
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    (xp doesn't grow on trees y'know)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get on my level
    Ken I use those tears as lube lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sodium benefits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sodiumchickentirade
    Lol Ken looks like the one in my shower
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hell no
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks like a brown recluse
    Fun times lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Property management just be like stop being a little bitch and get bit
    Step one: Put it in the microwave. Step two: get it to bite you. Step three: gain spiderman powers!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Swing from the penis
    +1
  • light27 @ light27:
    what
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mike Jones
  • light27 @ light27:
    someone take away that spider
  • light27 @ light27:
    call sps
    Hey mine helps me in the shower lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We went to a place in a mall where they let you play with some consoles for like an hour
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I choose the nintendo switch and I played smash ultimate and Mario wonder
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    It was fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: It was fun