Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to post the hex data here in text format.
That's the problem! It doesn't find any packet with the size similar to 947... Just a lot of small packets.
The fact is that when i connect my 3ds i find a small packet that contains the 3ds mac adress, so i suppose the comunication is in act.
So i'm getting dumb becouse i cannot understand why i cannot find the wondertrade pack!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's the problem! It doesn't find any packet with the size similar to 947... Just a lot of small packets.
The fact is that when i connect my 3ds i find a small packet that contains the 3ds mac adress, so i suppose the comunication is in act.
So i'm getting dumb becouse i cannot understand why i cannot find the wondertrade pack!

OK... try to paste the data on notepad and then search for "00 00" There must be a pair of bytes equal to zero preceded by 4 regular bytes and proceeded by regular data (without another pair of zeroes close to it).

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm getting mixed signals about this, so before I attempt to get into things like this, is it possible to send created Pokémon through Wonder Trade with this method? Some say it is possible, others say it isn't.

I'm a total noob about things like packet sniffing and hex editing, but I'm willing to spend some time on it as I'm computer savvy enough to get this figured out.

Also, as I don't have an ethernet cable, this setup should suffice too?
Code:
        Internet Access
                |
Samsung Galaxy S4 USB 4G Tethering
                |
            Computer
                |
          Nintendo 3DS

Another thing, are there any packet sniffers for Android? Seeing how my 3DS connects perfectly to my phone, it may be actually easier to do it through my phone.

Edit:
A quick search showed multiple tools for packet sniffing ^^ Should have done that before lol. Could have saved me a lot of typing. :P

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
*Post about using a smartphone*

I hope someone else can help you because I know nothing about smartphones and tethering.

I included the entire packet in the post, including the header, not just the data.

Once again, thank you. I've been trying to figured this out, but since I don't have the basic knowledge of this, I've been googling like crazy to keep this thread up-to-date.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you need a hotspot like attwifi to do this or simply connect to a home network? As long as the PC and 3DS use the same network that's all that's needed right?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So do you need a hotspot like attwifi to do this or simply connect to a home network? As long as the PC and 3DS use the same network that's all that's needed right?

If you have the knowledge to record the packets of the 3DS alone, it would be all right.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok wtf trying to run nemesis:

OMnkXsu.png

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
can someone compile hexinject for windows for me? I don't wanna keep switching between windows and linux =|

This is giving me a headache. I have no idea how to use that to Windows :/ I don't know if there is other Hex Inject program that works on Windows.

Where are you stuck? I recommend to use your PC as a hotspot first. I found this tutorial about Wireshark, however this can't inject hex data: http://www.howtogeek.com/104278/

xyzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
EAD header:
uint magic; //0x0301D0EA // EA D0 01 03
ushort size; // without EAD header
ushort unk1; // wondertrade: 0x1111, gts = 0xAFA1
ushort unk2; // wondertrade: 0x08E2, gts = 0x00E2
ushort unk3;
ushort packetId;
ubyte checksum[16];
ushort unk4; // 02 01
ubyte encryptedFlag; // 00 = plaintext (wondertrade), 01 = encrypted (gts)

How is that checksum calculated?

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is giving me a headache. I have no idea how to use that to Windows :/ I don't know if there is other Hex Inject program that works on Windows.

Where are you stuck? I recommend to use your PC as a hotspot first. I found this tutorial about Wireshark, however this can't inject hex data: http://www.howtogeek.com/104278/

Do I Need HexInject?
cause i have windows and not linux

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you could find a program for Windows that can sniff and inject hex data, share it with us please.

Injection on home versions of windows running XP SP2 or later is easier said than done as it relies on raw sockets which were removed or nerfed so hard as to be effectively be removed. More on that http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms740548(v=vs.85).aspx+
You can do it on Server versions (though I am not sure what goes with 2012) and linux/BSD. If you are doing it on a virtual machine (with a windows host) you may have to fiddle with the network options (straight NAT might pose a problem) assuming you have not piped a USB NIC straight in there.

The other options for injection are even more of a pain to deal with, if you can do them at all, on windows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    no...
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    yesssssssssssssssssssssss
    bj bj bj bj bj bj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just duct tape the TV to the wall ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Weird cause its same size as old one, just a 4k upgrade, oh well, always something.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Unlike @AncientBoi some holes are tighter than the others
    +2
    Try putting it up after a couple of :grog::grog::grog::grog::grog::grog::grog: But only a couple :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Was gonna, already cracked open a cold one, but gonna have to wait now, and make a trip to Microcenter, or worst buy
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In speaking of miscares for tvs I must've busted like one hdmi port cause it's all static but others work fine lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a older tv that was like that, luckily it had 3 HDMI ins
    2 here
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But you only like to use the rear one, right
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think if I rebend the metal it'll be fine because it tries to get a signal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, only fits type c out
    +1
    HDMI 1 [main TV] is loose, HDMI 2 [goes to second TV] is good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Look into a hdmi splitter
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or most surround sound receivers are 3 HDMI in, one HDMI out to tv, and you can select which hdmi in
    you want on the receiver.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://www.amazon.com/ACASIS-Splitter-Bidirectional-Switcher-Support/dp/B0CJTBFPXY/ref=asc_df_B0...