ROM Hack Pokemon Sun and Moon custom music mod help

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KunoichiZ, SaltySD's save redirection worked well for me with an overwritable save file from the actual cart exported using JKSM and putting it into the correct folder. Also, when are you going to find the music for the VS. Tapu battle on your guide in Github?
I don't like how you worded your question. You should have asked me if I can find it, not when am I going to. :/

It's bgm_nj_vs_legend.dspadpcm.bcstm.

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help? whenever i create the sound folder inside the data folder in saltySD my 3ds deletes the sound folder and its contents when i put it back into my 3ds.
i am on CFW and currently have my game randomized if that makes a difference, thanks in advance x
Well for me the music file doesn't even load up

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    999.8 KB · Views: 153

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you have listed in that second photo is the following:

bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm.bcstm
bgm_nj_vs_friend.dspadpcm.bcstm.bcstm
bgm_nj_vs_champ.dspadpcm.bcstm.bcstm

Compare these file names below to the file names that you have.

bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm
bgm_nj_vs_friend.dspadpcm.bcstm
bgm_nj_vs_champ.dspadpcm.bcstm

Do you see a difference? If so, then fix it to what I have above.

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you have listed in that second photo is the following:

bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm.bcstm
bgm_nj_vs_friend.dspadpcm.bcstm.bcstm
bgm_nj_vs_champ.dspadpcm.bcstm.bcstm

Compare these file names below to the file names that you have.

bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm
bgm_nj_vs_friend.dspadpcm.bcstm
bgm_nj_vs_champ.dspadpcm.bcstm

Do you see a difference? If so, then fix it to what I have above.
Ok I fix it what do I do next

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't work what am I doing wrong
Look, you have no idea what you're doing. Do you even have CFW? Have you downloaded the 1.1 update for Sun/Moon? If yes, have you patched your code.bin from the update to work with SaltySD?

You should really just ask someone else because you are confused and I've already helped you more than I said that I would.

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, you have no idea what you're doing. Do you even have CFW? Have you downloaded the 1.1 update for Sun/Moon? If yes, have you patched your code.bin from the update to work with SaltySD?

You should really just ask someone else because you are confused and I've already helped you more than I said that I would.
Yes I do cfw and hombrew installed I updated my Pokémon sun game to 1.1 and how do I patch my code.bin for Pokémon sun and moon

Last edited by AlexRodriguez_2020,

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can u help me because it won't load up the custom music that I put in

Did you try testing the music to work on the normal stable version of Luma3DS? If not, the SaltySD No Outlines and QR Injection Code IPS files should be stored to the two folders inside (SD:\luma\code_sections); one for Pokemon Sun [0004000000164800], and one for Pokemon Moon [0004000000175E00]. Make sure that they are matched to correspond each other. After you did all of that, head into your Luma Settings, and have "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code" checked, Press Start, Launch Sun or Moon on the Home Menu to test it out to see if it works. You can also do the same steps for (SD:\luma\titles) if you're on the Hourly version of Luma3DS; make sure that "Enable game patching" is checked.

Last edited by CGNetwork,

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try testing the music to work on the normal stable version of Luma3DS? If not, the SaltySD No Outlines and QR Injection Code IPS files should be stored to the two folders inside (SD:\luma\code_sections); one for Pokemon Sun [0004000000164800], and one for Pokemon Moon [0004000000175E00]. Make sure that they are matched to correspond each other. After you did all of that, head into your Luma Settings, and have "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code" checked, Press Start, Launch Sun or Moon on the Home Menu to test it out to see if it works. You can also do the same steps for (SD:\luma\titles) if you're on the Hourly version of Luma3DS; make sure that "Enable game patching" is checked.
Can u give the links for the latest Pokémon sun code sections because I don't have it

AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    957 KB · Views: 135

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can u give the links for the latest Pokémon sun code sections because I don't have it
We can't give you the link to the code.bin as it contains copyrighted data and it's against the rules. The only thing we can give you is an IPS patch and a tutorial for how you can get the code.bin from the update (ignore step 8). Use one of my patches to patch your code.bin for SaltySD. Patch it with LunarIPS (you can Google for this on your own time). Then follow CGNetwork's steps.

You're lucky I'm being nice right now. :/

Also, you're still not doing it right, according to that screenshot.

CGNetwork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, we're not allowed to give you the copyrighted code.bin as it's against the TOS. IPS Patch and the tutorial on how to create your own code.bin is the way to go. Follow the instructions and ignore step 8 carefully.

Nerongo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I´m new in this
Can I put custom music and play online?
If I can someone can do this a music file?
plz

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First you need a patch for the game that will run code from a folder (/SaltySD/SunMoon)

What you can do is first convert the music into a *.bcstm file. To do so, you can download YATA+. Make sure that the music you want to convert is a "wav signed 16 bit pcm" file. Also, after converting it, you need to make sure the music has a size smaller or equal to the file you want to replace.

Then, on your sd card, open the "luma" folder and create a new folder called "titles". Download this zip file with the pre-compiled code.bin files for the latest version of each game (V 1.1): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ia9u3328q68uu33/V1.1_SM_Patches_for_SaltySD.zip. Inside, you should have 2 folders, one named "Outlines" and another named "No Outlines". Select which one you prefer and copy its contents (both folders have the patches for both games).

After that, just make a folder called "SaltySD" on the root of your sd card, and make a folder named "SunMoon" inside. Then, make a folder named "data" inside of it, and and another folder named "sound" inside of the data folder "data". Then, just drag inside the bcstm file with the name of the music you want to replace. (for example, if you want to change the music for random encounters, you have to name it "bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm"). To test it out, you can try this music I used to replace the random encounter music: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8q41ushk8jab5o/bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm(the music is called "Veorra - Change").

I hope it works for you. If you are having trouble, just ask!

P.S. You must have the latest version of luma3ds for this to work. Just use the luma updater to check for updates.

I installed the No outlines and when I open the game crash
I have the lastest version of pokemon moon

Last edited by Nerongo,

AntiMach

Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, I´m new in this
Can I put custom music and play online?
If I can someone can do this a music file?
plz

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I installed the No outlines and when I open the game crash
I have the lastest version of pokemon moon

That explanation I made is very outdated. Luma now supports layered fs patching. You can essentially delete the code.bin file, rename the SunMoon folder to romfs and moving it to where the code.bin was before. Hope that made sense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.