Pokemon Sun and Moon creators talk about fan games and invite fan game devs to apply at Game Freak

fan-made-pokemon-games-994x400.jpg

In a recent interview with Kotaku, Pokémon Sun and Moon’s producer Junichi Masuda expressed his thoughts on Pokémon fan games when prompted the question.

“Yes, of course, I see a lot of the—well, it’s hard to say an example, but I see a lot of people on Twitter [sending me] different takes [on Pokémon],” Masuda said, referencing to not only fan games but fan arts and such.

He continued by adding: “If I see that you are having fun creating things, or working on an art project...working on game development, we kind of share that feeling.”

Masuda even went on to encourage those fan game developers to join his team. “In general terms, as creators we both have fun creating things, and at Game Freak we are always looking for skilled individuals, so please apply!”

There you have it Pokémon fan game developers! Game Freak might hire you for the next Pokémon installment!

:arrow: SOURCE

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That mean....GameFreak have a right to bring fan game back. TAKE THAT, NINTENDO!
nintendo don't directly take action about the violation policy, is someone hired to do it
It's like to blame sega for fanarts that where used without permision on a game made by thirdies and they licensed lol

Reactions: Pluupy

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo don't directly take action about the violation policy, is someone hired to do it
It's like to blame sega for fanarts that where used without permision on a game made by thirdies and they licensed lol
I know but what if Pokemon Uranium as Fakemon in there might add to next Pokemon Generation? With creator of Pokemon Uranium and other, there might a chance for more Pokemon Generation and more idea design in the future.
Better than nothing, right?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know but what if Pokemon Uranium as Fakemon in there might add to next Pokemon Generation? With creator of Pokemon Uranium and other, there might a chance for more Pokemon Generation and more idea design in the future.
Better than nothing, right?
mas I think this an a very injust thing t be done with the fan actually becaus ethere are lots and lots of good, well based fakemons, canonizing some don't feels a nice idea XD

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah - chances are neither Game Freak nor Nintendo's creative people really care. The problem is the people on the business side instead of the creative side probably just hired some lawyer firm, told them "go nuts on anything that seems threatening to our IP" and said firm is just doing what it was hired to.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah - chances are neither Game Freak nor Nintendo's creative people really care.
Not until owner of Sun and Moon offer to anyone who want work with GF. Which is more chance for new idea for Pokemon Type, for example, Pokemon Uranium. There is new Pokemon type that Pokemon don't have it. This might great opp...oppu....Well I can't spell it right, but you know what I mean. So next few years, they might make new generation Pokemon.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First, awesome! Now the new Pokemon game could be like, OUR game!

Second, SOMEONE CAN LEAK IT AND FREE POKEMON SUN AND MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! (Most likely won't happen but there's a chance.)
Have fun getting sued (or whatever the punishment is) for leaking Sun/Moon

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What has happened
  1. Nintendo shuts down fan projects of their games.
  2. Fans backlash
  3. Nintendo offer job to said people
  4. @Sonic Angel Knight is like O_O
That's happened lots of times.
What should happen
Allow fan projects games to be free. (seriously do NOT sell these fan projects)
You're such an idealist, Sonic Angel Knight. They do not want free fan game to be substitute for retail paid game.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
come on what the ideia here?
game freak are hiring! tehy are interested in fans that do work following their style (simple ada´tative thing)
what peole think: they want to canonize fangame
Fangames are going to be liberated and you gonna get ricj for it
get the job, go live in japan just to and leak their stuff

Come one people how any thing can lead to another? lol

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
come on what the ideia here?
game freak are hiring! tehy are interested in fans that do work following their style (simple ada´tative thing)
what peole think: they want to canonize fangame
Fangames are going to be liberated and you gonna get ricj for it
get the job, go live in japan just to and leak their stuff

Come one people how any thing can lead to another? lol
I know english might not be your best but uhm...

What?

Reactions: Pluupy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1