Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
Vickfan1992 said:
Vickfan1992 said:
Hey I was wondering what I need to do to get that beta version?? I already have the old shiny gold that Zel made downloaded but I don't really understand what to do with the LIPS program and that whole deal. If someone could explain how to do this that would be awsome?

could someone please answer this?? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Well, after you have extracted the .ips file from the .rar (you should already have a program for this), have LIPS along with a Fire Red rom (make sure it is a good dump. If not, you will have glitches, sometimes fatal to your sav file), Open LIPS & follow these steps.

1) Click "Apply IPS Patch".
2) The box should say "Select IPS file to use". Find the IPS file, & press Open.
3) The next box will say "Select ROM file to use". Find your Fire Red rom, & press Open. It cannot be patched to Leaf Green, it must be Fire Red.
4) Wait a second, & a small box will say The File has been Successfully Patched, & you are done. The game is ready to play.

!!!UPDATE!!!

I have released a fixed version of B6. It fixed a good few things that were terribly glitched in the original B6 release. For you that have the game, & you haven't already gotten it, you need to get this version, or risk having problems in the future.
Hey I did all this and it worked but when I changed my save file from the version that zel made it worked but when i paused the game completely froze. The start menu didn't even come up. Has this happened to anyon else or does anyone know how to fix it?

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vickfan1992 said:
gokuguy said:
Vickfan1992 said:
Vickfan1992 said:
Hey I was wondering what I need to do to get that beta version?? I already have the old shiny gold that Zel made downloaded but I don't really understand what to do with the LIPS program and that whole deal. If someone could explain how to do this that would be awsome?

could someone please answer this?? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Well, after you have extracted the .ips file from the .rar (you should already have a program for this), have LIPS along with a Fire Red rom (make sure it is a good dump. If not, you will have glitches, sometimes fatal to your sav file), Open LIPS & follow these steps.

1) Click "Apply IPS Patch".
2) The box should say "Select IPS file to use". Find the IPS file, & press Open.
3) The next box will say "Select ROM file to use". Find your Fire Red rom, & press Open. It cannot be patched to Leaf Green, it must be Fire Red.
4) Wait a second, & a small box will say The File has been Successfully Patched, & you are done. The game is ready to play.

!!!UPDATE!!!

I have released a fixed version of B6. It fixed a good few things that were terribly glitched in the original B6 release. For you that have the game, & you haven't already gotten it, you need to get this version, or risk having problems in the future.
Hey I did all this and it worked but when I changed my save file from the version that zel made it worked but when i paused the game completely froze. The start menu didn't even come up. Has this happened to anyon else or does anyone know how to fix it?

I have tested the menu out, & I have no problems with it in my latest release. If you can upload your sav file to somewhere like Mediafire, Megaupload, etc, & pm me the link, then I will try to find the solution to your problem. Also make sure that you patched a clean Fire Red rom, not an already patched one, & that you have a good dump of Fire Red (a bad dump does not mean the game does not work, it means that some parts of the game are corrupted or missing.).

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And here's what you get from me for some help, gokuguy! A bug report (thus far):
1. In Sprout Tower, on the top floor on the bottom-left corner. the X Defend re-appears when you take it and walk to the right. You can get infinite X Defends this way.
2. On the route from the Ruins of Alph to Azalea Town (God forbid if I remember the number), on the docks, the trainer who isn't facing the water has the name 3TRAINER/1... that's quite the unusual name.
tongue.gif
EDIT: It's Route 32.
3. Not sure if this is a glitch, but when you're walking around in Union Cave, there are... bubbles whenever you walk. Lolwut?

Keep up the good work! I'll keep finding bugs for you to iron out.
wink.gif

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
And here's what you get from me for some help, gokuguy! A bug report (thus far):
1. In Sprout Tower, on the top floor on the bottom-left corner. the X Defend re-appears when you take it and walk to the right. You can get infinite X Defends this way.
2. On the route from the Ruins of Alph to Azalea Town (God forbid if I remember the number), on the docks, the trainer who isn't facing the water has the name 3TRAINER/1... that's quite the unusual name.
tongue.gif
EDIT: It's Route 32.
3. Not sure if this is a glitch, but when you're walking around in Union Cave, there are... bubbles whenever you walk. Lolwut?

Keep up the good work! I'll keep finding bugs for you to iron out.
wink.gif

1) Thanks, I did not know about this. Ill check it out.
2) That is a glitch on many trainers that is already on my list. You see, every trainer you find that has a name like that is a trainer that offers their phone number, so you can call them to see if they wanna have rematches, or just tell you about their week. Zel just never renamed them correctly...
3) Never seen anything like that... Could you please save in the Union Cave, & upload your sav file for me? Mediafire seems to be the best, unless you have an account on any other uploading sites. If you could do that, I'll get right on fixing this after Christmas.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
I've actually got an account on MediaFire, so I'll upload that save to you. I'm glad my PSP actually arranges the .sav files in a convenient place for me to grab.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Here you go.
Thanks. I have found the problem, & have some time, so I'm working on it now. If you go up to any rocks as well, you get under them instead of over them. It seems the entire tileset that is used in this cave has glitched functions. That shouldn't be too hard to fix.

EDIT
I have fixed this within a few minutes. I have put the new patch in the first post.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet. Thanks much! I'll keep looking out for bugs and I'll report them as soon as I find them.

EDIT: A (very) small grammatical error: When you slide the panels in the Ruins of Alph, it says you "slided the panels". Should be "slid the panels".
tongue.gif
Nothing huge, but it's a small error. Not very important. I'll keep looking for the actually big bugs.

EDIT(2): Outside of Union Cave, the trainer there is HIKER 5TRAINER/1.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Sweet. Thanks much! I'll keep looking out for bugs and I'll report them as soon as I find them.

EDIT: A (very) small grammatical error: When you slide the panels in the Ruins of Alph, it says you "slided the panels". Should be "slid the panels".
tongue.gif
Nothing huge, but it's a small error. Not very important. I'll keep looking for the actually big bugs.

EDIT(2): Outside of Union Cave, the trainer there is HIKER 5TRAINER/1.

Thanks. Anything with any kind of errors needs to be fixed. Grammatical errors count too. There was another I saw, not very major, but I think that someone in Sprout Tower said something, then didn't end their sentence (no period). If you do find anymore grammatical errors, do just what you did, & give a phrase from the message that is wrong. That way, I can find it much easier.

If you could please get the name of that Hiker, by getting his phone number & calling him on a phone booth (by Pokemon Centers, Goldenrod houses, etc.), that would really help. I actually had started a list of them when I was going through the game myself. Here is what I had.

Fisherman 3Trainer/1 : *Ralph*
Picnicker 4Trainer/1 : *Liz*
Hiker 5Trainer/1 : ?
Camper 6Trainer/1 : *Todd*
Picnicker 7Trainer/1 : *Gina*
Juggler 8Trainer/1 : *Irwin*
Bug Catcher 9Trainer/1 : *Arnie*
Schoolboy 10Trainer/1 : *Jack*
? 11Trainer/1 : ?
Bug Catcher 12Trainer/1: *Alan*
Lass 13Trainer/1 : *Dana*
Schoolboy 14Trainer/1 : *Chad*
PokeFan 15Trainer/1 : *Derek*
? 16Trainer/1: ?
Sailor 17Trainer/1 : *Huey*
Fisherman 18Trainer/1 : *Chris*
Picknicker 19Trainer/1 : *Tiffany*
Pokemaniac 20Trainer/1 : ?
? 21 Trainer/1: ?
Fisherman 22Trainer/1 : *Wilton*
Birdkeeper 23Trainer/1 : *Vance*

I have already corrected 1Trainer/1 & 2Trainer/1, so those you shouldn't find, but if you, or anyone, can find more that aren't on my list, please state what type of trainer they are, what number they are, & what their real name is (some are messed up, linked to the same scripts. I may or may not fix these.), that would really help.

Thanks Everyone, & Happy Holidays

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Should they have the identical same name from Pokemon Gold? If so, tell me the locations of the trainers and I'll just give the classic Pokemon Gold a run and determine their names. Or calling them... whatever.
tongue.gif

But I did think of something you could do - what about using those trainers to give credit to some of the people who worked on this project? Like, you could use your first name for one of the trainers, for example, or even your username here. Just a thought though.

EDIT: Another glitch: In Ilex Forest, you can't see the grass until you walk through it. Also, when you open your map, you're in the top-left corner of the map instead of on Ilex Forest.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Should they have the identical same name from Pokemon Gold? If so, tell me the locations of the trainers and I'll just give the classic Pokemon Gold a run and determine their names. Or calling them... whatever.
tongue.gif

But I did think of something you could do - what about using those trainers to give credit to some of the people who worked on this project? Like, you could use your first name for one of the trainers, for example, or even your username here. Just a thought though.

EDIT: Another glitch: In Ilex Forest, you can't see the grass until you walk through it. Also, when you open your map, you're in the top-left corner of the map instead of on Ilex Forest.

The locations are the problem. I will have to go through the entire game, through every trainer to find which one is which. I don't have a full list, thats all I have. I can get the Pokemon Gold names online, but I can't find which numbered trainer is which in the trainer database of this game.

I can edit the credits, so thats where they will be. I might add a few trainers, but if I do, it won't be many.

That glitch was in the game when I even started the project. That might be what he wanted it to be, but it seems weird, because the grass animation is only half the grass. I'll probably fix this. That wont be hard at all, like the Bubbles in Union Cave glitch, which was caused because that floor tile was set to have the dive animation, which uses bubbles.
tongue.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My guess is to remove the grass animation there completely, as there is no grass in Ilex Forest in the original Gold game.

And do you know how to fix the map glitch that I mentioned?

EDIT: I have a suggestion - since I'm finding quite a bit of the bugs and reporting them to you as well as I can, do you mind if I just join your development team as an "official" tester? Regardless if I'm on the team or not, I'm gonna keep testing this game out because I find it interesting, but I just thought that if I was going to do it, you could possibly give me a little recognition in the credits for it. If not, that's fine. Just a thought.
tongue.gif

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
My guess is to remove the grass animation there completely, as there is no grass in Ilex Forest in the original Gold game.

And do you know how to fix the map glitch that I mentioned?

EDIT: I have a suggestion - since I'm finding quite a bit of the bugs and reporting them to you as well as I can, do you mind if I just join your development team as an "official" tester? Regardless if I'm on the team or not, I'm gonna keep testing this game out because I find it interesting, but I just thought that if I was going to do it, you could possibly give me a little recognition in the credits for it. If not, that's fine. Just a thought.
tongue.gif

1. OK. What I'll do is replace it with the cave floor function, that doesn't have an animation, but still makes you find Pokemon, like the original game.

2. I do know how to fix that glitch, but I do not know how to fix all map glitches. Recent glitches I have had were mainly with Flying locations. These, I must look up online for more help.

3. Most Definitely. I was about to ask you myself, in fact. If you don't mind, I'll also add you to my friends list, so you are easy to contact about this when needed. Thank You, & keep up the good work.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No clue. But, I got another bug:
The sick cow at the MooMoo Ranch is supposed to be fed berries (Oran?) to make it healthy again. Instead, when you talk it, it acts like a Pokemon Center.
rofl2.gif
Check it out, that's a major bug that needs to be fixed.
tongue.gif

Oh, and for every fight with your rival, it still shows a black shadowy figure with a ? instead of your rival's image. I thought it was just supposed to show the black figure on the first battle?

Nollie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand that there is a lot of support for the 'X' harder game version, though when this project has been completed would it be possible to release a normal difficulty version at some point? I'd just like to know if it is something which could be easily achieved or not.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Nollie said:
I understand that there is a lot of support for the 'X' harder game version, though when this project has been completed would it be possible to release a normal difficulty version at some point? I'd just like to know if it is something which could be easily achieved or not.
Im not sure if Gokuguy has this Planned.I think he Plans on Doing this Only on X Version.But this is what I think so you have to Ask him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol