Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
IchigoUchiha13 said:
im sorry to say this but i think you ruined it i tried my old Save of Shiny Gold and it comes out Corrupted so i tried it on a clean fire red and it comes out the IM Circuit Board is not install i cant load up my save -.-

Edit:Nevermind i figured out what was Wrong the old Shiny Gold Sav works for the Beta 6 Keep it up ok!

IM circuit board error is because you don't have the save setting correct. Save type must be Flash 128k. You must also have the same name for your sav file that the rom's name has.
(example, it would be something like Pokemon - FireRed.gba. Your sav file would need to be Pokemon - FireRed.sav. )
Then it will load. (I know you figured it out. This is mainly for others that have the problem.)

Actually the Fire Red Rom i have is hacked to skip the IM Circuit Board so i use Flash 64 and it still Works ^^;; i was using another one that wasnt hacked so thats why i got that error then the Corruption on the Rom ^^;;

Vickfan1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I was wondering what I need to do to get that beta version?? I already have the old shiny gold that Zel made downloaded but I don't really understand what to do with the LIPS program and that whole deal. If someone could explain how to do this that would be awsome?

W007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this game kind of obsolete because of HeartGold and SoulSilver (everyone here has a Flash Cart, so don't use that argument against me) (although the original content in ShinyGold might prove me otherwise, I guess)?

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
W007 said:
Isn't this game kind of obsolete because of HeartGold and SoulSilver (everyone here has a Flash Cart, so don't use that argument against me) (although the original content in ShinyGold might prove me otherwise, I guess)?
(HGSS are for DS. Some people either can't get the DS versions, or like the look of the GBA, like me) I Quote from Gokuguy

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoUchiha13 said:
W007 said:
(HGSS are for DS. Some people either can't get the DS versions, or like the look of the GBA, like me) I Quote from Gokuguy
There are also many differences Shiny Gold has that the old & new games do not have, story wise.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Anybody else find that Mr Pokemon's house glitches when you go in? if you go in front of the guy with the brown clothes, it freezes. If you go left it shows some random letters, gives you a mystery egg, and freezes. Whats up with that?

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
Come on.. still can't get passed this ish.

Sorry that I haven't responded sooner. I will get right on checking this out. This could just be that you are using a bad dump of Fire Red. While you are waiting for me to respond back about it, try using a different rom to patch. If it is differently named, just rename your sav file to the new named rom.

Cheat codes can also corrupt things like this. I have had this problem myself. If you used any Fire Red cheats for this (Walk Through Walls, Find "Pokemon" In Grass, etc.) that could be the problem right there. If this is the case, unless you have a backup from a previous time before codes, you will have to start your file over.

Vickfan1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vickfan1992 said:
Hey I was wondering what I need to do to get that beta version?? I already have the old shiny gold that Zel made downloaded but I don't really understand what to do with the LIPS program and that whole deal. If someone could explain how to do this that would be awsome?

could someone please answer this?? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vickfan1992 said:
Vickfan1992 said:

Well, after you have extracted the .ips file from the .rar (you should already have a program for this), have LIPS along with a Fire Red rom (make sure it is a good dump. If not, you will have glitches, sometimes fatal to your sav file), Open LIPS & follow these steps.

1) Click "Apply IPS Patch".
2) The box should say "Select IPS file to use". Find the IPS file, & press Open.
3) The next box will say "Select ROM file to use". Find your Fire Red rom, & press Open. It cannot be patched to Leaf Green, it must be Fire Red.
4) Wait a second, & a small box will say The File has been Successfully Patched, & you are done. The game is ready to play.

!!!UPDATE!!!

I have released a fixed version of B6. It fixed a good few things that were terribly glitched in the original B6 release. For you that have the game, & you haven't already gotten it, you need to get this version, or risk having problems in the future.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
gokuguy said:
ZeWarrior said:
Come on.. still can't get passed this ish.

Sorry that I haven't responded sooner. I will get right on checking this out. This could just be that you are using a bad dump of Fire Red. While you are waiting for me to respond back about it, try using a different rom to patch. If it is differently named, just rename your sav file to the new named rom.

Cheat codes can also corrupt things like this. I have had this problem myself. If you used any Fire Red cheats for this (Walk Through Walls, Find "Pokemon" In Grass, etc.) that could be the problem right there. If this is the case, unless you have a backup from a previous time before codes, you will have to start your file over.

I missed your post as well. I sent you the sav file.. I'll try a new clean rom soon... its not a bad dump though because it works just fine unpatched. I'll try anyway..

Cheers.

Vickfan1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
Vickfan1992 said:
Vickfan1992 said:

Well, after you have extracted the .ips file from the .rar (you should already have a program for this), have LIPS along with a Fire Red rom (make sure it is a good dump. If not, you will have glitches, sometimes fatal to your sav file), Open LIPS & follow these steps.

1) Click "Apply IPS Patch".
2) The box should say "Select IPS file to use". Find the IPS file, & press Open.
3) The next box will say "Select ROM file to use". Find your Fire Red rom, & press Open. It cannot be patched to Leaf Green, it must be Fire Red.
4) Wait a second, & a small box will say The File has been Successfully Patched, & you are done. The game is ready to play.
Hey I did all this and it worked but when I changed my save file from the version that zel made it worked but when i paused the game completely froze. The start menu didn't even come up. Has this happened to anyon else or does anyone know how to fix it?

!!!UPDATE!!!

I have released a fixed version of B6. It fixed a good few things that were terribly glitched in the original B6 release. For you that have the game, & you haven't already gotten it, you need to get this version, or risk having problems in the future.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the problem in Mr Pokemon's house. It was a script error. I posted the new, fixed version in the first post.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing this rom hack. I just hope you can fix all the glitches (I got really pist about it freezing when I hadn't saved for a while.) since they all should be possible to fix.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arp1 said:
I remember playing this rom hack. I just hope you can fix all the glitches (I got really pist about it freezing when I hadn't saved for a while.) since they all should be possible to fix.

If you are currently playing the game, if you find any glitches, please tell me, & I will make sure to try to fix that before doing anything else.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I noticed some of the music kinda cracks at times... such as the mysterious fight when you leave New Bark Town. The music at Cherrygrove also cracks at times. I used a good ROM dump from my usual source, a very reliable one at that. It was a (U) dump.

But you say you fixed the Mr. Pokemon freeze issue? Good, because I just got there. Thanks.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Holy hell... I take it the X stands for XTREMELY FUCKING HARD? Hahaha, my rival keeps 1-shotting me, and I'm level 8.
tongue.gif
Time to level up like crazy... this reminds me of Bloody Diamond.
But yeah, the only problem I can see now is that the sound cracks. Other than that, this is an incredible patch! This'll tie me over until Heart Gold comes out.
smile.gif

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
So I noticed some of the music kinda cracks at times... such as the mysterious fight when you leave New Bark Town. The music at Cherrygrove also cracks at times. I used a good ROM dump from my usual source, a very reliable one at that. It was a (U) dump.

But you say you fixed the Mr. Pokemon freeze issue? Good, because I just got there. Thanks.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Holy hell... I take it the X stands for XTREMELY FUCKING HARD? Hahaha, my rival keeps 1-shotting me, and I'm level 8.
tongue.gif
Time to level up like crazy... this reminds me of Bloody Diamond.
But yeah, the only problem I can see now is that the sound cracks. Other than that, this is an incredible patch! This'll tie me over until Heart Gold comes out.
smile.gif

Thanks for giving your opinion & info. Yes, the X basically does stand for that.
nyanya.gif
I am a Pokemon FREAK, & I had much frustration with the game in its original state. The sound cracking cannot be helped, unless I recompose the audio all together. That happens because, even though they made the new music with similar instruments, the quality had to be reduced for the game to even read the music correctly. I've tried midi composing before, not pretty... Sadly, that won't be helped at this time, but I will try to make everything else I can to be the best quality it can be.

I have already debated on, & chose to redo all Pokemon sprites, front & back, after getting Mt. Silver, Red, & Kanto Gyms/Battles accurately created that is. They will most likely be HG/SS shrunken, reduced color sprites. I have already tested with a few Pokemon to see how they would work, & in my opinion, they look a lot better than these old sprites. This will mainly be for taking dithering out of more sprites. NOTE TO ALL SPRITERS, UNLESS THE SPRITES USE 8 BIT COLORS, DITHERING IS A BIG NO NO! Its unnecessary for 16-color sprites & up.

Again, if anyone finds a glitch in the game, please specify.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gokuguy said:
Thanks for giving your opinion & info. Yes, the X basically does stand for that.
nyanya.gif
I am a Pokemon FREAK, & I had much frustration with the game in its original state. The sound cracking cannot be helped, unless I recompose the audio all together. That happens because, even though they made the new music with similar instruments, the quality had to be reduced for the game to even read the music correctly. I've tried midi composing before, not pretty... Sadly, that won't be helped at this time, but I will try to make everything else I can to be the best quality it can be.

I have already debated on, & chose to redo all Pokemon sprites, front & back, after getting Mt. Silver, Red, & Kanto Gyms/Battles accurately created that is. They will most likely be HG/SS shrunken, reduced color sprites. I have already tested with a few Pokemon to see how they would work, & in my opinion, they look a lot better than these old sprites. This will mainly be for taking dithering out of more sprites. NOTE TO ALL SPRITERS, UNLESS THE SPRITES USE 8 BIT COLORS, DITHERING IS A BIG NO NO! Its unnecessary for 16-color sprites & up.

Haha alright, well I look forward to seeing this develop. So far, it's really, really hard (STILL can't take down that level 8 Chikorita with my level 11 Totodile, but I'm thinking of just leveling like crazy before thinking of taking it on again... damn razor leaf....)... but that's a good thing. It'll keep me into it. I usually stop playing these games because they're just too easy. This is definitely not that, so I'll be sticking around for a while. Definitely gotta strategise on this one, which is... a first for a Pokemon game.
tongue.gif

And as for the re-spriting, best of luck with that. I think it'd be a good addition. And too bad that the sound can't be fixed, but I suppose I can live with it.

And one more thing - who is the random, mysterious dude when you just leave New Bark Town?

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
gokuguy said:
nyanya.gif

Haha alright, well I look forward to seeing this develop. So far, it's really, really hard (STILL can't take down that level 8 Chikorita with my level 11 Totodile, but I'm thinking of just leveling like crazy before thinking of taking it on again... damn razor leaf....)... but that's a good thing. It'll keep me into it. I usually stop playing these games because they're just too easy. This is definitely not that, so I'll be sticking around for a while. Definitely gotta strategise on this one, which is... a first for a Pokemon game.
tongue.gif

And as for the re-spriting, best of luck with that. I think it'd be a good addition. And too bad that the sound can't be fixed, but I suppose I can live with it.

And one more thing - who is the random, mysterious dude when you just leave New Bark Town?

That would be Carlos. I did not add him in, Zel, the original developer of this hack, created him. Its in his image I assume, or what he wishes he was (Zel's actual name is Carlos by what I saw in one of his profiles, so...). Don't worry about difficulty, here is what I did, & it worked up to the point I WAS at (my file got saved over...). Try this.

Level your starter up until it evolves (it was L16 for me, I had Cyndaquil). Then fight your rival. After this, just do normal training with any Pokemon you get for your party, & make sure to battle EVERY trainer along the way, using your starting Pokemon. I got all the way to Ice Cavern smoothly with this method, other than Carlos battles (stupid Carlos...). Heres another tip, GET AN ELECTRIC POKEMON ASAP! His Slowpoke will be much stronger later, trust me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also