ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I need to write a compiler for some other made-up language in Haskell, write some sort of server-client socket application to receive numbers sent by a file I've been given, and either write an essay on privacy in databases or form a database and make up some SQL queries for it.

Then I also have to revise for a class test for one of my Algorithms modules, then there's a small problem sheet to hand in for that module the week after.

Then I have about 4 exams in January to revise for...

Busy stuff. D= But yeah, I do need to come back and fix this up at some point, definitely.

i know some of this due to my studying and messing with stuff :P

seraphimon-sama9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Um, quick question because I've completely forgotten how, but how do I get to Celadon City after beating Lt. Surge? I've tried going through Saffron City but can't get in there yet.

Devid27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys! I have been playing this hack for about a week nou and I must say it is really awesome! Having a lot of fun with it. I am playing the patched version, so I assume it's the 1.05 version. I am playing it on Desmume. I havent encountered a lot of problems accept for the strange display of your character when you come out of a building or you just finished a battle, when you load your last save the problem is gone most of the times. So i just delivered the medicine to the girl in the Lighthouse and I got a call that the Safari Zone is open again. So instead of battling the gym in Olivine City I flied to Cianwood City to battle the team rocket fags and enter the Safari Zone. My first problem occured when I got into the grass near the Safari Zone, it just crashes/freezes, I have no clue why. So when I reload and do some things all over again this does not occur. So I go to the pokemon center and the rocket grunt appears, now I have to battle outside the center. I won and i decided to go to the Safari Zone, when I enter and I go into the grass, it suddenly crashes again. I reload, and it happens every time. So I decide to go back, but now everytime I come across a trainer it crashes. Then i reloaded from a previous save and did not go to the Safari Zone, I just went back to Cianwood City, I healed my Pokemon but I could not acces my bag/pokemon/all other stuff anymore... So now i can not continue, I am not really keen on reloading previous saves everytime and discovering that it will crash later anyway. I was hoping someone could tell me what to do? I am sorry for the long post, I just wanted to make it as detailed as possible. Greetings.

Patronus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bstiles.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
1. hmm.. i havent noticed this, i will be updating to the latest one that is up right now but i havent noticed this error yet, where is this happening at?

2. basically when you patch a clean version of the hack you're using, just rename the save to match the rom you're using and should be able to run it from the last place you saved :)
1. Yeah I thought it was a really odd, but I'm able to reproduce it with newly caught Pokemon fighting Pokemon that are documented to not give defense EVs (like Drowzee). So now I've got a Magneton and a Steelix that have hilariously high defense EVs for no reason, lol.

2. Ok cool thanks!

@Drayano: As a computer science major, I cried a little when I read your workload.

EDIT:
yup, tested with the latest rgf stuff on a dstt card, i have all of the starters
Well I guess I updated my save file successfully since the quiz masters disappeared. Was wondering about that, lol.

Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Yeah I thought it was a really odd, but I'm able to reproduce it with newly caught Pokemon fighting Pokemon that are documented to not give defense EVs (like Drowzee). So now I've got a Magneton and a Steelix that have hilariously high defense EVs for no reason, lol.

2. Ok cool thanks!

@Drayano: As a computer science major, I cried a little when I read your workload.

EDIT:
Well I guess I updated my save file successfully since the quiz masters disappeared. Was wondering about that, lol.

well, i was able to reproduce this strange thing with the Defense EVs so, i dont know what is going on with this one here

@ drayano: if you need any help with any of the hacks, dont be quiet about it, someone could help out with this stuff

Quantaris

Fanartist & Computer Tech
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg omg i really really love it when you post your hacks Drayano. This one in particular is my favorite. All are amazing though. I love the custom scripts, events, pokemon etc. I can't wait to see more updates :).

Patronus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bstiles.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Found a couple bugs while beating up the Rockets in front of the Safari Zone:

1. Managed to accidentally start a battle from here. Didn't manage to get a screenshot of which battle is up on the bridge at the top of the waterfall because...

2. After I beat Petrel (sp?), both our sprites disappeared, and so the game crashed as soon as I exited the cave.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!