Pokémon Puzzle League coming to Nintendo Switch Online on July 15th

Nintendo has announced the next Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online game. Pokémon Puzzle League, a block-matching puzzle game based on the Pokémon anime, will be coming to the Expansion Pack service on the 15th. Continuing with the service's one-game-a-month release pace, this is the first game in the lineup that was not already announced in last September's Nintendo Direct, and follows last month's addition of Pokémon Snap.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
I know it's asking a lot, but Custom Robo is one of those Japan-only Nintendo games that really should have received some retroactive late official translation. I know it's a text heavy game, so it is asking a lot. Still, those games are charming, and you can tell it's a gem of a experience on the Nintendo 64, that the West sadly missed out on.
Crbox.jpg

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remind me again, what is the point in this so called premium service, to sit and wait for nintendo to decide what old retro titles they allow you to play.

It would make sense to just do it for free as part of their BC support, like MS did when providing emulation patches for 360 games.

No wonder people prefer hacks and mods, they get to play what they want without waiting for nintendo to allow you to.

Then when we have all these exploits and hacks that let us play what we already own, why pay again for it.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remind me again, what is the point in this so called premium service, to sit and wait for nintendo to decide what old retro titles they allow you to play.

It would make sense to just do it for free as part of their BC support, like MS did when providing emulation patches for 360 games.

No wonder people prefer hacks and mods, they get to play what they want without waiting for nintendo to allow you to.

Then when we have all these exploits and hacks that let us play what we already own, why pay again for it.
They're Nintendo fans.

Heck, they'll even buy the new Splatoon Switch edition for $360 despite that the console is five years old and the successor will likely be announced or released Christmas 2023.

bNb4hXS.jpg

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're Nintendo fans.

Heck, they'll even buy the new Splatoon Switch edition for $360 despite that the console is five years old and the successor will likely be announced or released Christmas 2023.

bNb4hXS.jpg
True, nintendo fans are like sheep.

I also find them amusing, one minute they're on.tue graphic band wagon, then they abandon that wagon and apparently games weren't fun until Nintendo pretty much resell the cube with cheap old inferior motion control's.

For a brief moment they were back on the graphic bandwagon but comparing old games they lacked first time round, but comparing it to the last gen console versions.

Then deluded and bought nintendos pathetic excuse for that consoles failure, apparently gamers/fans didn't know the wii u was a new console, aparently they thought it was a wii add on..... hmmm OK, it had nothing to do with its cheap inferior hardware and lacking support again off devs.

Now they're blinded, happy to pay for another attempt to copy off the tablet market and now its ok to buy a new console but forced to play all these old ports they again lacked first time round.

All because it is portible, yet still after all these years, I dont see anyone playing it on the bus or train.

I do fund it funny when the fans keep boasting how many units nintendo sell, its not exactly a surprise when they keep re releasing the same console over and over, this time its just for the sake of different joycon colours or skin.

The switch again is another nintendo console that shows how nintendo support is worse than ever, the number of games I own is the lowest ever..... a shocking 5 titles because everything else I already own.

And those 5 titles, only 1 of them I didnt already own already, BOTW and that game is by far over rated, clearly the fans will blindly defend nintendo and love anything they crap out.

By far the most boring zelda game, for an open world game it lacks so much that you would expect in a game, fact nintendo even admitted they had so many plans for content to add that its why BOTW2 came about.

Another lazy game with nothing to do but the same thing over and over, its like nintendo cant be arsed and thought, lets make a game and add its content later.

Pokemon arceus is another perfect example of nintendo cashing in on another incomplete game and later decide to add content via dlc or take feedback and add into the next title.

Even the games sounds etc sound like its just been recycled from BOTW.

Mario Kart is another example, one of many titles they couldn't be arsed to make and ported over from the wii u, and now they know the fans will blindly throw money at them when nintendo think its ok to charge extra for actual new content, tracks etc that you would expect out of a new game.

But nope, lets litrally recycle the same shit and charge extra for new content.

I cant wait to see them announce its next console, see the fans drool over its yet again subpar last gen hardware and this time have 4k support for some titles.

They rejoice as it will get all the last gen titles they missed out on, I wonder what bs gimmicks they'll come out with this time to make it sound better than it is..... possibly connect the switch as a controller adding pointless map support on the switch screen.

But it will still be inferior to current gen consoles so that nintendo can keep control of the market, limiting its competition so its same old recycled titles have better chance of selling more units when it doesnt have to compete with todays current third party AAA titles.

Its a shame TX have been shut down, only reason I'd find to ever get another nintendo console from now on, is if it gets exploited because I won't re buy the same games I already own.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
True, nintendo fans are like sheep.

I also find them amusing, one minute they're on.tue graphic band wagon, then they abandon that wagon and apparently games weren't fun until Nintendo pretty much resell the cube with cheap old inferior motion control's.

For a brief moment they were back on the graphic bandwagon but comparing old games they lacked first time round, but comparing it to the last gen console versions.

Then deluded and bought nintendos pathetic excuse for that consoles failure, apparently gamers/fans didn't know the wii u was a new console, aparently they thought it was a wii add on..... hmmm OK, it had nothing to do with its cheap inferior hardware and lacking support again off devs.

Now they're blinded, happy to pay for another attempt to copy off the tablet market and now its ok to buy a new console but forced to play all these old ports they again lacked first time round.

All because it is portible, yet still after all these years, I dont see anyone playing it on the bus or train.

I do fund it funny when the fans keep boasting how many units nintendo sell, its not exactly a surprise when they keep re releasing the same console over and over, this time its just for the sake of different joycon colours or skin.

The switch again is another nintendo console that shows how nintendo support is worse than ever, the number of games I own is the lowest ever..... a shocking 5 titles because everything else I already own.

And those 5 titles, only 1 of them I didnt already own already, BOTW and that game is by far over rated, clearly the fans will blindly defend nintendo and love anything they crap out.

By far the most boring zelda game, for an open world game it lacks so much that you would expect in a game, fact nintendo even admitted they had so many plans for content to add that its why BOTW2 came about.

Another lazy game with nothing to do but the same thing over and over, its like nintendo cant be arsed and thought, lets make a game and add its content later.

Pokemon arceus is another perfect example of nintendo cashing in on another incomplete game and later decide to add content via dlc or take feedback and add into the next title.

Even the games sounds etc sound like its just been recycled from BOTW.

Mario Kart is another example, one of many titles they couldn't be arsed to make and ported over from the wii u, and now they know the fans will blindly throw money at them when nintendo think its ok to charge extra for actual new content, tracks etc that you would expect out of a new game.

But nope, lets litrally recycle the same shit and charge extra for new content.

I cant wait to see them announce its next console, see the fans drool over its yet again subpar last gen hardware and this time have 4k support for some titles.

They rejoice as it will get all the last gen titles they missed out on, I wonder what bs gimmicks they'll come out with this time to make it sound better than it is..... possibly connect the switch as a controller adding pointless map support on the switch screen.

But it will still be inferior to current gen consoles so that nintendo can keep control of the market, limiting its competition so its same old recycled titles have better chance of selling more units when it doesnt have to compete with todays current third party AAA titles.

Its a shame TX have been shut down, only reason I'd find to ever get another nintendo console from now on, is if it gets exploited because I won't re buy the same games I already own.
one minute they are on the graphics bandwagon? what minute is that?you live in the past lol who the hell says that? seriously are you still mentally stuck in 2001? its been over 20 years... just leave it already. people were born and are now 21.

Pokemon arceus will not have dlc at all, you may like it or not but the game is not releasing expansions or dlc or any of the likes so no idea what you are talking about unfinished game that will have dlc or something.

If you dont like nintendo dont buy their console? seriously i dont like xbox so i dont buy an xbox its simple, i wont buy one to keep complaining it doesn't have the games i like...

People are all about the steam deck and what the steam deck is is what a future switch will be, i wonder if you say the steam deck is crap too becuase the games dont look as good as ps5/xbsx, a portable system cant look the same as a stationary system, they are on 2 different ball games in technology.

Reactions: Seriel

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one word...

UGH.

also i would rather have panel de pon charcter's then stupid ASS KETCHUP

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great version of a great game this (EDIT: SNES and even Gamecube versions have slowdown, this doesn't), brucey bonus if you were a fan of the original Pokemon cartoon series too: music and sound effects are copied over and ramp up the nostalgia factor. Also I've never really got this game working as well as I'd like using emulators, so this is a good release for me! Pilotwings next please??

Last edited by mightymuffy,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan is getting two games this month - Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2. (Pokémon Puzzle League never released over there)

If Nintendo tossed a tiny bit of money at those two games, got them translated, it would have been a cool thing for the Switch Online service.

Also, Ash's original English voice actor(Veronica Taylor) was the best. I met her IRL before, she's super shy, and had to do her Ash and Ash's mom's voices covering her face, because she gets super shy.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's hilarious how every fucking piece of Nintendo news, including this one, brings everyone's dark side out. What, are there no other Nintendo fans here? We should fight back against these toxic dumbasses!

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's hilarious how every fucking piece of Nintendo news, including this one, brings everyone's dark side out. What, are there no other Nintendo fans here? We should fight back against these toxic dumbasses!
Awww be nice, they've got no friends is all, so they can't share the family option - my membership is split between 4 paying people over 7 accounts, so the full whack with expansion costs me £15. A year. So try to be a bit 'sympathetic to the pathetic' :lol:

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan just got a trailer for custom robo V2 so I'd say they're winning
Pokemon puzzle league is the lesser pokemon Tetris attack game by far but apparently most people unfortunately grew up with this one in the US..
the GBC one is so much superior in every aspect 😅

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway