Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if this is just a remake, i will gladly hand over the cash for it. and i will be getting omega ruby seeing that when i was younger i got sapphire and then emerald so i am changing it up.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll place my bet that this is going to be "only" a remake of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald (like HeartGold and SoulSilver were G/S+Crystal remakes).
And it is only that is angry with the fact that the japanese and european version boxes are going to be red or blue while the americas version is going to have only the standard white box?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm extremely excited at the news, a dream come true, literally was talking with friends about this possibility just a few days ago as I never got into Gen 3 at the time of its release.

However I wish they saved the announcement for E3. Would be so much more crazy if it was added into that milieu, though I suppose they'll probably show the first gameplay trailer there.

But now everyone will be hyped for Nintendo's E3, there was little to be hyped about E3 before it.

Reactions: InfoAddict

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and I'm sure im not the only one.

Play a few battles on a Gen 3 GBA game. Do it with something OP and one-sided, like an evolved starter against the fodder in the first route. See how quickly you could tap through it.

Now try doing the same thing with any Gen 4 game, or 5 game.

The forced amount of wait that you have to endure for each button press is the input lag that I am talking about. There is another definition for input lag primarily concerning displays, but I can't think of a better or more appropriate word for it than that, because it concerns the same thing - how long it takes for the game to process your input, do your commands in a battle and let you get on with it. It was never fully addressed, and honestly it seemed like Nintendo was actively ignoring the issue. I'm wiling to wager that if they did, my completed save file of Black 2 could have shaved off at least 30 hours of playtime, easily; 60 realistically, and up to 100 hours of time optimistically. The fact that it seems like they are actively trying to slow battles down as much as possible is ridiculous, when the more well regarded Final Fantasies ( 4 & 6, specifically ) as well as other jRPG's do all this fine tuning to make battles finish as quickly as possible because they know it would drive their players nuts if they had to spend so much time on every single battle to grind up. And Pokemon is the single most grind-tastic franchise this side of World of Warcraft, so that really needs to be addressed, like two generations ago.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get

Speculation time:
  1. It could be a spiritual sequel with the remnants of Team Aqua and Magma changing their names to Alpha and Omega. Team (A)qua and team (M)agma for (A)lpha and O(M)ega!
  2. Since Both Groudon and and Kyogre have their respective Greek letters on their bodies, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Rayquaza = Omicron or Theta.
  3. What if Pokemon Contests have animation so it's like your watching an episode?
  4. Alpha and Omega are Greek Letters. Alpha = A, Omega = Z.... AZ CONFIRMED FOR HOENN

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been awaiting this for an extremely long time now. By far the best generation of Pokemon (Ok, the second behind gen 2).
The last sets of pokemon games I enjoyed were the SS/HG games. B/W and X/Y were really over-hyped for such a weak return. The games were boring and dull. X/Y focused way too much on trying to utilise the 3DS features and left out the amazing gameplay.

Shiny Rayquaza, I'll be hunting you down!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or
Its Ruby and Sapphire
and those are Just Mega Evolved Kyogre and Groudon
and das it.
Methinks everyone is reading into everything a little TOOOOOO much.

Shh let the poketards tire themselves out with their retarded theories.

Reactions: gamefan5

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, this is pretty cool. I'm so late, but yep I am excited for this. Definitely added to my list to play soon. ^_^
The only pokemon games i enjoyed was Blue and Saphire. I keep reading about X/Y being something new, like mega evolution. Lol
So, I think this is neat :)

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Do you ever wonder why GW named their next FW Omega and put red flame on it?
inb4 GW Alpha with online support. :yaysp:

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems that people are already posting fake stuff. I really wonder if they are going to give the other two starters mega-evolutions too. Doesn't seem fair if Blaziken would be the only one who would get one.
tdKxyZL.jpg

They also better bring a mudkip themed hat if there is going to be trainer customization again.
Also heard thay it will be another global release. I think that is awesome.

EDIT: WAIT. PLEASE TELL ME THEY WILL BRING BACK THE FEATURE THAT POKEMON WILL FOLLOW YOU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D