Pokemon is for babies

Porygonal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I see,but well... I was just saying that if FF had kept it's original formula,wouldn't THAT be like just releasing the same game over and over too?So you could say any game that sticks to it's original formula is dull,repetitive,unevolved,but if people like it the way it is,why change it?And they DO have the Mystery Dungeon Pokemon series is a different approach to Pokemon so you can't completely just say it's the same thing over and over.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
how can you say that?

would a baby understand about EV's and IVs and all the other technical stuff that goes into th online meta-games, no they wouldnt.

and besides, if it aint broke, dont fix it

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Porygonal said:
lol I see,but well... I was just saying that if FF had kept it's original formula,wouldn't THAT be like just releasing the same game over and over too?So you could say any game that sticks to it's original formula is dull,repetitive,unevolved,but if people like it the way it is,why change it?And they DO have the Mystery Dungeon Pokemon series is a different approach to Pokemon so you can't completely just say it's the same thing over and over.
lol no FF would be different even with the same battle system over and over pokemon adds a little bit of modification to the battle system and makes the same game over and over and those mystery dungeon games are just a way to hold off all the pokemon fans til the real game is out

QUOTE(ZenZero @ Mar 13 2010, 12:08 AM) and besides, if it aint broke, dont fix it
did they say that about Mario and Zelda games? if it aint broke. don't fix it?lol we would have missed out on so many great mario and zelda games if that were the case i'm just saying pokemon was fun when it first came out imagine how much MORE fun it would be if they completely made a new world and really changed everything for the better? maybe people wouldnt complain so much about it...

Porygonal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But LISTEN... I'm saying it's NOT a baby game,and if anyone says it is,they're just going on appearance,only little kids using cheats could make it look like a baby game,because kids wouldn't be able to get through the whole game without some kind of cheats most likely.
gbasp.gif

Porygonal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*... I say ONE thing about your beloved FF and you can't drop it,can you?lol I like FF too but it wouldn't be repetitive if it kept it's formula...?How is that?Only an FF fanboy would say it's not.But still,it doesn't REALLY matter... as long as the games are enjoyable to YOU then who cares?Just like Pokemon.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Porygonal said:
But LISTEN... I'm saying it's NOT a baby game,and if anyone says it is,they're just going on appearance,only little kids using cheats could make it look like a baby game,because kids wouldn't be able to get through the whole game without some kind of cheats most likely.
gbasp.gif
see back in the day not many people had a gameshark or whatever for their gameboy so they couldnt cheat on pokemon and battles were done right next to your friends with a link cable now people cheat to get lvl 100 pokemon and battle online how is that fun? and its not just a few people that cheat either i would say at least 1/2 of pokemon players cheat or have cheated at some point...also im not trying to defend FF im just stating that if you kept the same battle system the story & characters are still completely different from the other games where as a game like pokemon has the same stuff pretty much every time with a few minor additions

Porygonal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude,not everything has to or even needs to be changed.I'm not saying Pokemon DOESN'T need to change but I accept it as it is,I'm content with it,and if someday they ever decided that they would change the formula for good,I would still atleast try it.I actually miss the old FF style,even though the new style is good too,yet,have they and will they ever bring it back?Well,I dunno,Chrono Cross is better than FF anyway so I don't care.
tongue.gif

Porygonal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol Well all those people that cheat at Pokemon are just taking the real fun out of it,just like if you cheated on any game.Makes me feel even better about getting my Dragonite to lv.87 all by myself.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think change can be a good thing though nothing lasts forever it can and will get boring if its the same thing over and over... i personally like the Star Ocean series over FF and yes Chrono Cross is one of best RPGs ever and i really hope they make another one soon...and if you're going to cheat then make it so you get 1/2 of normal exp so it takes longer to lvl and you have to spend twice as long grinding =D thats really earning it lol

Porygonal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pssh!Oh Boo!You're no fun!The grinding gets frustrating enough,lol.Like it can in any RPG game... Yeah,Star Ocean is good too. =D ...........But Pokemon still isn't a baby game,case closed,lol.
wink.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
most of them arent very hard the optional bosses are usually the hard part and doing all the side quests can be challenging at times but the main story isn't really that hard

Porygonal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol Yeah I know,but you can still get your ass handed to you at times,though,if you're being careless.

Posts merged

...I really should've stayed on the subject matter... -_-'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkx4pNi-wvHyf8vhDN0x06Wf8J7aIgx_Hdp