Shadic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadic.fleepa.net
XP
Country
United States
Awesome patches! I can't wait for the finished version, hurry up! I need that PokeMart.
biggrin.gif

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys...I need some help...I would like to play the game translated and crash-fixed...I used this patch for translating, and all went well. Then I used ds-lazy to change the arm7.bin, repacked the rom and played...the game is translated, but it still crashes...What could i do for the crashing thing? There's some way to play this without crashes? BTW I have a DSOne (no-sdhc) and I have soul silver

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice translating! Although, I'm not 100% sure what Katakana means, but does it have anything to do with the fact that the Fast Ball is named "Speed Ball"?

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its not to much to ask you think you could add some DL mirrors as i have been trying to get SSL V2.0 for like 20 min.

Devil_Dante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great patches and the Version with the Katakana names is a great idea. THX

Posts merged

Great patches and the Version with the Katakana names is a great idea. THX

wind_waker

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the patch doesn't work for me … when i patch the rom, there is a version with the name "pokemon heart gold version patch 2" (or else) but its size is 0KB. when i put it on my flashcart it doesn't show it as a rom. anyone knows what to do?
frown.gif

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if I could suggest a couple minor things to be translated? Please don't take this as requesting for an early beta because I am not asking for one.

Could you translate:
-The names of important people in your Phone Contact List? Because I get phone numbers from a lot of people, but people like Elm or your Mom or Kurt I can never tell if they call or not, and if I can just see their name I'll know it's something important. You'll prolly say just delete everyone except NPCs numbers, but I noticed that one who phoned me (Youngster Joey if I recall), said the route he was on (30) so I went there and assumed it was him, then he gave me an item (I think it was a Potion or something), and I thought that was interesting. Plus the extra battles I want to see if they level up their Pokemon.

-When you talk to your Pokemon, the text that comes after. Because I talked to one of mine and there was a yes or no question, and I had no idea what it was so I pressed yes and nothing happened. It hasn't occurred again, but I'm really interested in that.

-I seen in one of your screenshots you translated the Fast Ball as "Speed Ball". Are you gonna keep it like that? Personally I would prefer the original (NA?) names but it's your call.

I know you're doing this out of your free time, and I was just suggesting some ideas that I'm not sure if you're gonna include or not. Oh, and I like the fact you're gonna put non-"screaming" text in, along with "Okay" rather than "OK". That's a nice touch.
-Krobelus

gmdaisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i need help!!
the rar only have
aplytopatch.bat
howtopatch.txt
readme.txt
patch.pat
xdelta.exe
but in howtopatch say open dragUntrimmedROMhere.bat
and it dont have can some answer me

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krobelus said:
I was wondering if I could suggest a couple minor things to be translated? Please don't take this as requesting for an early beta because I am not asking for one.

Could you translate:
-The names of important people in your Phone Contact List? Because I get phone numbers from a lot of people, but people like Elm or your Mom or Kurt I can never tell if they call or not, and if I can just see their name I'll know it's something important. You'll prolly say just delete everyone except NPCs numbers, but I noticed that one who phoned me (Youngster Joey if I recall), said the route he was on (30) so I went there and assumed it was him, then he gave me an item (I think it was a Potion or something), and I thought that was interesting. Plus the extra battles I want to see if they level up their Pokemon.

I was already planning on translating the important names, if not, all of the names in the contact list. Hence why the PokéGear percentage is low.

-When you talk to your Pokemon, the text that comes after. Because I talked to one of mine and there was a yes or no question, and I had no idea what it was so I pressed yes and nothing happened. It hasn't occurred again, but I'm really interested in that.

I'm debating on that one, DemonicStrife actually already suggested that to me earlier.

-I seen in one of your screenshots you translated the Fast Ball as "Speed Ball". Are you gonna keep it like that? Personally I would prefer the original (NA?) names but it's your call.

Actually, I've never played the English Gold/Silver/Crystal. If I accidentally don't localize a term, please do tell me, I will jump straight to fixing it.

I know you're doing this out of your free time, and I was just suggesting some ideas that I'm not sure if you're gonna include or not. Oh, and I like the fact you're gonna put non-"screaming" text in, along with "Okay" rather than "OK". That's a nice touch.
-Krobelus

It was also a security measure to make sure no one steals my patch and claims as their own. I actually dropped quite a few "exclusive" lines in my translation. For instance, Nurse Joy now says, "Good afternoon!" as well as "Good morning!"; so if that's ever seen in another translation, you know it was stolen.

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gmdaisuke said:
i need help!!
the rar only have
aplytopatch.bat
howtopatch.txt
readme.txt
patch.pat
xdelta.exe
but in howtopatch say open dragUntrimmedROMhere.bat
and it dont have can some answer me

Sorry... that readme was straight from Rykin's patch.

You drag your untrimmed ROM to the "apply patch.bat". My apologies everyone!

gmdaisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
then i have to dragndrop my room on aplypatch but i cant some one coud help tellme how i can dropndrag
wacko.gif

i have 3 hours try and try but i cant do it

sry thx i doit =D
one question this patch work when the game freeze or blackscreen?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Wow a almost complete translated patch just a day after the release. (Even that this was planified long ago) Still cool
tongue.gif

Thanks for all who worked on the patch

btw... Whats the difference between Localized patchs and katakana patchs?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Garro said:
Wow a almost complete translated patch just a day after the release. (Even that this was planified long ago) Still cool
tongue.gif

Thanks for all who worked on the patch

btw... Whats the difference between Localized patchs and katakana patchs?

Localized is our names for the Pokemon, Katakana is Japan's names for pokemon.

Also, I ain't reading through 12 pages of posts while GBAtemp is superslow, but is the anti-freeze patch going to be in this as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.