Not open for further replies.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FUCK YOU BITCHES SAYING WHAT insider92 DID IS THEFT! THEFT IS STEALING SOMEONE'S WORK AND SAYING HE CREATED IT HIMSELF! HE DIDN'T DO THAT, HE JUST COMBINED THE WORK OF 2 PATCHES SO THERE'D BE MORE TRANSLATED. HE NEVER TOOK ANY CREDIT FOR IT, YOU DOUCHEFAGS!

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NeoHaven said:
Fucking n00bs. All they had to do was wait for each release and play it. Not Fucking whine and go fuck things up.
THEY MAKE ME SICK.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
facepalm.jpg

QUOTE(Overlord Nadrian @ Sep 20 2009, 03:09 PM) FUCK YOU BITCHES SAYING WHAT insider92 DID IS THEFT! THEFT IS STEALING SOMEONE'S WORK AND SAYING HE CREATED IT HIMSELF! HE DIDN'T DO THAT, HE JUST COMBINED THE WORK OF 2 PATCHES SO THERE'D BE MORE TRANSLATED. HE NEVER TOOK ANY CREDIT FOR IT, YOU DOUCHEFAGS!
I agree... but we know, the point has been made, there isn't really anyone arguing that anymore. Let it go.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
FUCK YOU BITCHES SAYING WHAT insider92 DID IS THEFT! THEFT IS STEALING SOMEONE'S WORK AND SAYING HE CREATED IT HIMSELF! HE DIDN'T DO THAT, HE JUST COMBINED THE WORK OF 2 PATCHES SO THERE'D BE MORE TRANSLATED. HE NEVER TOOK ANY CREDIT FOR IT, YOU DOUCHEFAGS!

Comments like this are probably the reason why he stopped the patch.

Taijo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr.Positive said:
Overlord Nadrian said:

An even more lame reason than the merged patch.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taijo said:
Mr.Positive said:
Overlord Nadrian said:

An even more lame reason than the merged patch.

Having to deal with disrespectful noobs who curse and shout IN ALL CAPS can be very irritating after a while.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
silverbullet1080 said:
Calling the person that merges them a theif is both hypocritical and asinine though. I can also understand why they wouldn't want it posted in their threads, but again- it isn't right that they wouldn't want anyone to make one for the good of the community.
I can see your point. The rules with IP rights is rather sketchy, so I can see why some would and some wouldn't perceive it as theft. (So you non-translators know, the script file in-game can be built from scratch, so technically the modified file might not be considered Nintendo property)

However, everyone is arguing about if it's theft or not; labeling it as theft (or not) isn't really the point.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok... this personaly has gone on far enough! No more translation hacks should die because, of people on this forum who decide to ruin it for everyone including the creators (who have put time effort in to this).

Personally, swearing and shouting because, of someones decision to stop progress on this hack will not help at all and never will solve anything or resume progress.

Get over it and move on, as this thread is done!

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rykin said:
*snip*
There is nothing wrong with taking pride in your own work.
And there is nothing wrong with competition. Kazo and Raqib both seem to be nice guys. They have their own views on how the patches should be completed and they went their separate ways. At the same time, if this competition didn't exist nether one of them would be where they are now. Raqib wouldn't have had his graphic edits if he didn't want to one-up Kazo, and Kazo probably wouldn't have started on the dialogue if it weren't for Magnius' potential patch.

For the impatient, having a merged patch seems better. To the two individual translators working on unique projects it's a slap in the face. You didn't ask them, and they didn't want it.

When the project leaders are offended, progress stops. Telling them to STFU because you think that you know better is not a productive way to encourage them.
I was not telling anyone not to take pride in his work. What they did is a great achievement and they have every right to earn praise, be glad about what they have done and maybe even gloat a little. We all owe them respect for making our games more enjoyable. Maybe pride was the wrong word, as there are two kinds of it: On the one hand, the feeling of achievement, which they sure have every right to bear, and on the other hand vanity, the kind of pride damned by the church as a deadly sin.

And yes, competition is not bad by itself, as it gives the opponents motivation to overcome the other. But when there are only minor fundamental differences between the competitors and their most evident distinction is when progress is made where, it can feel like a lot of effort having gone to waste. Yes, exclusive features in either product make said product more attractive, but at the same time, it hurts the user not to be able to have exclusives from both.

And it is only a slap in the face if it is seen as a slap in the face. What I see is that the patch credits the authors of both patches and offers users fed up with having to choose a third option. What I do not see is any release of a merged version since four days ago, and therefore no further progress in this third option since the creators of the patches declared their dissatisfaction with it. Insider92 appears to respect the creators' wishes, despite the public being very interested in the merged versions.

I know that telling creators to STFU is the one way to guarantee they will not reconsider. That is why I did not. My intentions are to appease and to offer a way to look at the merged version as not a stamp of inadequacy or a sign of disrespect, but as help for the common user who seems to be the collateral damage in competition. To quote Spock, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of a few, or one", but if the needs of the many depend on those of the few, we have to look for a solution on how to combine them. Quitting in anger will not help anyone, it will leave the creators with a bitter taste about the whole development and the public without a perfectly fine project, but if that is what the creators want, the only thing we are left to do is respect it. While I hope that there is still time to reconsider, if there is not, this is what was Raqib's decision, and this is where it stands. Unfortunately.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Behave like proper members, not some half-assed beggars who all you want to see is a goddamn merge. Raquib put a lot of work in this patch, you start going around and merging crap, and they don't like it.

Raquib, my thanks for your work developed until here, until next time.

Now if you n00bs even attempt to fuck up Kazo's patches I will personally f you all in the a.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
HBK said:
Behave like proper members, not some half-assed beggars who all you want to see is a goddamn merge. Raquib put a lot of work in this patch, you start going around and merging crap, and they don't like it.

Now if you n00bs even attempt to fuck up Kazo's patches I will personally f you all in the a.
Yeah, lets not merge two different patches for the good of the community. Even if credit is given to creators, it sounds like a terrible idea
rolleyes.gif

guykild

Torchic Trainer
Trophies
Website
www.Gateway-3ds.com
XP
Country
Rykin said:
silverbullet1080 said:
Calling the person that merges them a theif is both hypocritical and asinine though. I can also understand why they wouldn't want it posted in their threads, but again- it isn't right that they wouldn't want anyone to make one for the good of the community.
I can see your point. The rules with IP rights is rather sketchy, so I can see why some would and some wouldn't perceive it as theft. (So you non-translators know, the script file in-game can be built from scratch, so technically the modified file might not be considered Nintendo property)

However, everyone is arguing about if it's theft or not; labeling it as theft (or not) isn't really the point.

Yeah I know but ppl don't understand that. Like Rykin said we don't care if it'd theft or not it's because they didn't want to work together and that is all.

Everyone thinks different so please understand them.

Thnx for everything Raqib if you can please release all you have done till now. I will really like to test your new patch.

C ya Next Time

saganj001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
silverbullet1080 said:
HBK said:

Yeah, lets not merge two different patches for the good of the community. Even if credit is given to creators, it sounds like a terrible idea
rolleyes.gif
You know what, it's not yours, or anybody else besides the creators' choice weather or not the patches get merged. Both sides have said they do not want to work with each other. Nobody has the right to go against that and merge them, even if they give credit. It is ultimately like I said before, a slap in the face. I just can't believe you people screwed this up again. I was here a year ago when Rykin stopped his patch because of assholes on GBATemp. Why can't you people just be grateful and stop ruining things for everybody else.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
saganj001 said:
silverbullet1080 said:
HBK said:

rolleyes.gif
You know what, it's not yours, or anybody else besides the creators' choice weather or not the patches get merged. Both sides have said they do not want to work with each other. Nobody has the right to go against that and merge them, even if they give credit. It is ultimately like I said before, a slap in the face. I just can't believe you people screwed this up again. I was here a year ago when Rykin stopped his patch because of assholes on GBATemp. Why can't you people just be grateful and stop ruining things for everybody else.
It's only Nintendo's choice when the games get translated, yet that doesn't stop anyone. These patches are free to the community, and if someone wants to merge them to help everyone out as a whole, then more power to him. If someone wants to stop because they can't handle the fact someone is trying to help everyone out here, then good riddance.

saganj001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
silverbullet1080 said:
I cannot believe you actually posted it >_< Idiot

Here it is. But it doesn't contain the latest patches. It has Kazo's v4 and Raqibs 3.8
I can't believe you are stupid enough to post it, and that somebody was stupid enough to ask for it.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
saganj001 said:
silverbullet1080 said:
I cannot believe you actually posted it Idiot

Here it is. But it doesn't contain the latest patches. It has Kazo's v4 and Raqibs 3.8
I can't believe you are stupid enough to post it, and that somebody was stupid enough to ask for it.
There were like 3 different links in the thread about 5 or so pages back. The patch only serves to make the game easier for people to play, nothing more.

Peefree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
saganj001 said:
silverbullet1080 said:
I cannot believe you actually posted it Idiot

Why? Raqib has already backed out cause apparently he thinks if he's not the first and only to translate there's no point in doing it. Kazo's still going and I'll use his once it's completed probably. Until then I might as well use the best available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok