Pokémon Gold and Silver 3DS virtual console games to get boxed release in EU

IMG_3673.JPG

In the last Nintendo Direct, we were given the announcement that the GameBoy Color classics, Pokémon Gold and Silver would both be getting the virtual console treatment on the Nintendo 3DS. The games would also support Pokémon Bank, allowing for players to transport any creatures caught into the modern games. However, Nintendo of Europe had a curious Tweet today, showing off physical versions for these games. Stylized to look just like their original boxed release, both Gold and Silver will be sold on store shelves. As to the contents of the box itself, the only thing inside is a 3DS e-Shop download code and some stickers. This has only been announced for Europe at the time of writing, and doesn't appear to be scheduled for America.

Update: They're 9 pounds per game, one copy each limited per consumer.
:arrow: Nintendo UK

Last edited by Chary,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What a waste of time,money and plastic.
They can better use that money to get Sonic Mania, Blaster Master Zero or I am setsuna a physical release....
why would you want empty cases of any of those games? xD am setsuna has a phisical release in japan just uy it it has english xD.

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh....

*scratches head*

Oh-kay, then...

*reads opening post and all other posts*

I would actually laugh if I saw that at my local Walmart or Gamestop. My first Gen 2 game was Silver, so when the remakes came out, I played SoulSilver first.

*goes back to lurking in the shadows...*

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this is dumb at least have a heart gold soul sliver game cart come with it for a 20 bucks more you bastards.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
May be asking for a remake of the remake. Gaming companies are getting their business by doing that. -_-
i havent seen a remake of a remake yet tbh, i have seen a remaster of a remake like (resident evil remake remastered for ps4).

i havent seen a remake of a remake at all, kind elaborate on what game has a remake of a remake?

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent seen a remake of a remake yet tbh, i have seen a remaster of a remake like (resident evil remake remastered for ps4).

i havent seen a remake of a remake at all, kind elaborate on what game has a remake of a remake?
fire emblem Shadow Dragon, it got a remake on snes, and a remake for the original ds

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
fire emblem Shadow Dragon, it got a remake on snes, and a remake for the original ds
i guess that is a thing, no idea it actualy had a remake on the snes but i bet those games are very far and between getting remakes of remakes unless they were remade on snes era lol.

Eightcoins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dunno,I cant really complain,since it does look pretty good.
But I kinda already like collecting useless shit way too much.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could have at least included the original Game Boy cartridges in the box, making it actually valuable.
I would be fine with just a reprint of the cartridge shell for an extra $10. You wouldn't be able to play it because the cartridge is empty, making it perfect for display purposes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work