Among Us physical editions detailed, console versions to launch on December 14, 2021

promo_XBOX-e1634667572818.png

Social deduction smash hit Among Us will be coming to PlayStation and Xbox consoles on December 14th. Both versions will feature all previously released content and updates, crossplay, and will cost $4.99 USD, the same price as the Nintendo Switch and PC versions. The Xbox version will also be launching on Game Pass on release day.

Additionally, Innersloth announced several physical editions of Among Us seeing release in late 2021 and throughout 2022. The three different versions - the Crewmate Edition, Impostor Edition, and Ejected Edition - are detailed below.
  • The Crewmate Edition will release in Europe, Japan and South Korea in December of 2021, while North America will get it on January 11, 2022. It will come in a 3D lenticular case and, included as bonuses, a folded map of the Skeld, a sticker sheet, one of twelve collectible holographic cards and 6 downloadable wallpapers. It will cost $29.99 USD.
  • The Impostor Edition will release sometime in Spring 2022 across multiple territories. It comes with everything in the Crewmate Edition, plus an oversized Impostor Edition box, an enamel pin, a "Crewmate vs. Impostor lanyard," and a purple Crewmate with crown plush. It will cost $49.99 USD.
  • The Ejected Edition will also release sometime in Spring 2022. It will come with everything in the previous two editions, except it will come in an exclusive Steelbook case rather than the 3D lenticular case. It also comes with a red Impostor beanie and fleece blanket. It will cost $89.99 USD.
crewmate.jpgImpostor.jpgEjected.jpg

:arrow: Source

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This game's lasting appeal was less than a month, and they've missed the window by almost a year. Nobody cares about a physical copy now. Game devs can be so out of touch with trends, it's nuts.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This game's lasting appeal was less than a month, and they've missed the window by almost a year. Nobody cares about a physical copy now. Game devs can be so out of touch with trends, it's nuts.
You'd be surprised. Still peaking at some 15k people: https://steamcharts.com/app/945360

(Down from half a mil, granted, but it's still unreasonably too many)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you underestimate the power of kids who purportedly still care and parents looking for a primo christmas gift

Reactions: Dud

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the same could be said for any physical copy of a game. I've always just seen it as a novelty more then anything to own any game physically
I sell those I dont need anymore... other "cult" games Ill keep forever. With physical, you have also digital (if I play just MP, then Ill buy only the digital game) but if a game has special place in my "heart" im aiming for physical. I dont see any problem..

Best example PS5..... the Digital console is maybe 100 bucks less but out of my up to 10 games I saved combined hmm 60-70 EUR because most of the time I want someting to buy, the digital costs more. Best is, you still have options at any time (both digital and physical).... in terms of sales, PS5 Disc Edition is doing pretty well, its even much more popular than the Digital Edition. Example, look at Amazon, they sell 70%+ PS5 Disc Editions, most reviews and comments are on the "Disc Edition" page and Amazon is one of the "biggest" out there.

Basically the 500 bucks, initial investment for the PS5 Disc Edition pays out quickly...... in fact, the Digital Edition is actually more expensive in the long term, think about it.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sell those I dont need anymore... other "cult" games Ill keep forever. With physical, you have also digital (if I play just MP, then Ill buy only the digital game) but if a game has special place in my "heart" im aiming for physical. I dont see any problem..

Best example PS5..... the Digital console is maybe 100 bucks less but out of my up to 10 games I saved combined hmm 60-70 EUR because most of the time I want someting to buy, the digital costs more. Best is, you still have options at any time (both digital and physical).... in terms of sales, PS5 Disc Edition is doing pretty well, its even much more popular than the Digital Edition. Example, look at Amazon, they sell 70%+ PS5 Disc Editions, most reviews and comments are on the "Disc Edition" page and Amazon is one of the "biggest" out there.

Basically the 500 bucks, initial investment for the PS5 Disc Edition pays out quickly...... in fact, the Digital Edition is actually more expensive in the long term, think about it.
perhaps I came off the wrong way. I do buy a fair amount of games physically and like having the used market be a thing. especially for games that never go on sale

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work