Homebrew pokemon emerald vc 3ds save corrupted after elite four any fix?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
so i beat the champ and when the game started again i got this message:

"the save file has been erased due to corruption or damage." and you can start a new game, no save or anything.

so is they a fix for this?

i feel so angry right now.

please hear my pray Arceus!

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you mean recover your save, I doubt it without a backup. To prevent these from happening, my only suggestion is to make a dump of your save using decrypt 9 or godmode9 every once in a while. It probably has something to do with altering the save format.

Reactions: Flame

Saphiredurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a lovely explanation of it! Is there anyway to patch a rom for AGB_FIRM now that you know of that may allow you to defeat the champion without corrupting your save?

Also a sidenote for other people in the middle of a Pokemon game right now or getting ready to start one and who own a New 3DS, don't forget about the gPSP retroarch core. It runs GBA games relatively well (as long as you add a frame delay of 1) and has support for 1M saves (what the Pokemon games use). You won't get as accurate of an experience as you would on AGB_FIRM (since AGB_FIRM literally takes advantage of a GBA processor to run), but it still definitely does the job (and gives you save states and the likes!).

EDIT: Nevermind noticed this patch here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-emerald-real-512kb-flash-memory-patch.468216/ that Ryccardo linked haha. Does anyone know if this is available for RS or FR/LG?

Last edited by Saphiredurf,
Reactions: Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill