ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

yamikaiba20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano, I think you've created a great hack here! Being able to catch all 649 Pokemon in one game is any Pokemon player's dream, not having to deal with trading for evolutions, version exclusives, or previous Gen Pokemon. THIS is what a real Pokemon game should be like. If you could actually sell your hack, then I'm sure you'd make a lot of money out of it!

I just started Blaze Black last night and started with Snivy because I got excited at the fact that the final evo will be Grass/Dragon with Contrary! Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor become so broken combined with Contrary >:)

I haven't looked through all the documentation, so I'm not sure if there's a move list for each Pokemon. I've been thinking about certain moves that could be improved upon to create some balance. For instance, Fire Blast has 85% accuracy, whereas similar moves like Hydro Pump, Gunk Shot, and Gale only have 80%, 70%, and 70% accuracy, respectively. This isn't really fair. Why should Fire Blast have higher accuracy and be able to benefit from Sunny Day?

Healing moves also need a little balancing. Recover and Roost have 10 PP, but Morning Sun, Synthesis, and Moonlight only have 5 PP. Not many people use Morning Sun, Synthesis, and Moonlight, yes, but they shouldn't only have 5 PP when they're not even guaranteed to heal 50% HP like Recover and Roost are.

I have more suggestions like these, but I'm not sure if you're still taking ideas to improve this game or if you're done with it. I'm curious to know if you have the ability to modify type advantages and disadvantages? If you do, then I have suggestions for reworking the type chart, which is something GF really needs to pay attention to for next Gen.

Lastly, I was wondering why you decided to make Pignite and Emboar Fire/Ground and not Fire/Dark. The latter seems to suit them better. I'm not sure if you did anything to the flying bugs that aren't part Flying, but I thought Pokemon like Beedrill, Venemoth, and Volcarona should get an ability called Flight (same effect as Levitate), as it doesn't make sense for them to be able to fly and not be immune to Ground-type attacks. If they got an extra ability to give them flight, then the player can choose whether they prefer Ground immunity or Tinted Lens for Venemoth, for instance.

Reactions: 2 people

AisosaPyrokidUgi

Trophies
XP
Country
wait! sorry, if this has already been adressed, but if we can catch all pokemon from 1st to 5th generation (which is so awesome), what about the boxes to store the pokemon??? it wont be able to fit all of them inside would it?

again, sorry if this has already been adressed but yeahhhhh....... lol

hapse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay it seems the bug stopped after a restart of my ds :) This hack is really great and wow burgh and Cheren was hard :O this is really a great job

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... what I can tell you is that I'm finally in the groove so I'm making a lot of progress now. I'm probably leaving the Pokémon changes and stuff for a while but as far as the game itself goes I've edited up to Ecruteak City. It's proving quite fun now =3

Not sure what to say about features, I might leave that until I actually finish and post a thread unless there's something specific you want to ask about. You can see random tidbits on my YT channel, though that's mostly funny results.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... what I can tell you is that I'm finally in the groove so I'm making a lot of progress now. I'm probably leaving the Pokémon changes and stuff for a while but as far as the game itself goes I've edited up to Ecruteak City. It's proving quite fun now =3

Not sure what to say about features, I might leave that until I actually finish and post a thread unless there's something specific you want to ask about. You can see random tidbits on my YT channel, though that's mostly funny results.
Can't wait for it!

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When should I start to notice the differences between this and the normal Black and White? Because I just beat N and nothing appears out of the ordinary.

EDIT: Determined I improperly patched the Clean file. Don't know what I did wrong. I'm assuming my Clean ROMS are not the right ones as they will not patch at all without an error in the program.

EDIT 2: Fixed :D

maharajahson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an AR code to prevent freezing?
I just started this game and it suddenly froze when the Prof. was demonstrating how to catch a pokemon LOL.

hapse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
btw a really really great way to catch legendary pokemons with low encounter % just use the repel trick
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Repel_trick

fx. i had a lvl 47 in front of my party and used a repel to find Cresselia and encountered her as the first pokemon :)

ps. im stilling loving this hack ;) really nice job. I LOVE how i can use pokemons that are bad (read: suck) in the normal game cause of stats :)

erogiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Is a highly increased rate of random encounters part of this hack? It might just be my imagination but I don't recall pokemon appearing every two to three steps in grass in the original White version. I found this while looking for mods to make the game more challenging, but a higher encounter rate just gives you more experience and, frankly, it gets frustratingly annoying fast.

Whether it's because of this hack or not though, having all 600+ pokemon and more varied opponent parties is worth it. I just wanted to know. :)

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think this is relevant to the hack. I don't know for you, but I remembered encountering lots of wild Pokémon in my first White playthrough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~