ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You get plenty of Lucky Egg chances midway through the game
tongue.gif

Okay I may have said no more updates, but I might well make another in the future. I'll say it's final for now, but it's not as absolute as I'd like to say. Knowing me I'll end up doing more stuff so...

Once more of twistedfatal's tools come out and such I'll probably be able to do a little more.

EDIT: Actually, can I have an opinion on the level curve from you guys? Do you think it's too steep?

knivez69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are no efficient places to grind...

like the Leader has 6 lvl 30 pokemon
and I can only grind on wild lvl 20s. with 6 pokemon to level up.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knivez69 said:
There are no efficient places to grind...

like the Leader has 6 lvl 30 pokemon
and I can only grind on wild lvl 20s. with 6 pokemon to level up.
It's not suppose to be easy, this isn't Nintedo's release after all...

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knivez69 said:
Well, there's a difference between being challenging and being tedious.
Well then here's a little hint:
It seemed perfect to me to turn on, at least, the EXP x4 cheat. With the rapid increase of Gym Leaders levels... you pretty much have to, to keep up and stand a chance. Or EV train early on, but the EXP x4 really helped and seemed to balance everything out since the wild Pokemon in the beginning either suck or are too low to train/grind on. Even with x4 on, it's still challenging and that's the way it should be.
I ran into the same problem you mentioned early on. My 6 on levels like 20-24 and the Gym Leader is throwing out these BEASTLY level 30's.
I just turned on x4 and from then on out the leveling ratio evens out the ownage the Leaders do, while still remaining a very challenging game.

(x8 if you wanna power level a low up to 30+ quickly to help in a Gym Battle...)

knivez69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok. cool.

Here's a few helpful codes I found (I'm running 1.2 Blaze Black on DESMUME, Eur Rom)
http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/DS...ion_replay.html

Code:
Rematch Trainers
Hold L when you speak to them to engage in a rematch.

Be aware that this code does not work on gym leaders.

5215B39C 1C301C04
94000130 FDFF0000
0215B3A0 E0002000
D0000000 00000000
5215B39C 1C301C04
94000130 FDFF0200
0215B3A0 F7FF1C39
D2000000 00000000

EXPERIENCE

::x2
521CB52C 59A8437E
023AE840 59A8437E
023AE844 51A80040
123AE848 00004770
021CB52C F988F1E3
D2000000 00000000

::x4
521CB52C 59A8437E
023AE840 59A8437E
023AE844 51A80080
123AE848 00004770
021CB52C F988F1E3
D2000000 00000000

::x8
521CB52C 59A8437E
023AE840 59A8437E
023AE844 51A800C0
123AE848 00004770
021CB52C F988F1E3
D2000000 00000000

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are sounding like complete noobs. It's so easy to overgrind in this game, use the shaking grass and fight Audinos. You don't even need to grind in this hack, especially once you get the Lucky Egg.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B3astinSnipes said:
yes it supposed to be hard but u shouldnt have to use exp codes. i just would like also harder grass pokemon to help in training.
You don't HAVE to use the codes. It just evens out the hack. Routes don't just have 15 different flying types to train my Electric types... then move on the the next route to train my Fire type. EV'ing is a way bit harder to manage on this hack as there as SO many Pokemon crammed in one route. You don't have to turn anything on, but if you're level 30's are up against a Gym Leader with 52's and a professional moveset for each one then there should be no problem evening out the playing field so you stand a chance and can progress through the game...

QUOTE(kidisnice87 @ Apr 18 2011, 04:01 PM) You guys are sounding like complete noobs. It's so easy to overgrind in this game, use the shaking grass and fight Audinos. You don't even need to grind in this hack, especially once you get the Lucky Egg.
Shaking grass is not always Audinos. You would know that if you played this game :/
There's no need to refer to anyone as a noob here, flamming is not needed.
People that call others noobs are the ones most likely to get 6-0'd in a battle
closedeyes.gif

Anywho, the Audinos are good EXP so he has a point.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mm, I do agree with the lack of wild training around Castelia City. I wasn't too happy with the lack of Audino but Pinwheel Forest was such a tight fit... I'll have to see if I can fix it up a little.

Flameingblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used three different versions of the Pokemon Black ROM but I'm getting the same error: Checksum is invalid.

Using a Windows 7 Operating system. Tried using the tutorials posted in this thread, but none of them work with the current UPS version.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flameingblack said:
I've used three different versions of the Pokemon Black ROM but I'm getting the same error: Checksum is invalid.

Using a Windows 7 Operating system. Tried using the tutorials posted in this thread, but none of them work with the current UPS version.
What flashcard are you using?

Flameingblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Flameingblack said:

I don't use a Flashcard, just playing from the PC.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flameingblack said:
Hatchetball said:
Flameingblack said:

Ah. This is something no one has discussed until now, actually.
I myself do not know what the AR code would be to force it to work on the emu. I suggest trying the Black/White AP patch fix for your emulator.
IF... that works, you're good.. but I doubt that will work. Worth a shot though.
Which emulator? I'm sure someone on here can make a fix for it.
Here

Flameingblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Flameingblack said:
Hatchetball said:
Flameingblack said:

Ah. This is something no one has discussed until now, actually.
I myself do not know what the AR code would be to force it to work on the emu. I suggest trying the Black/White AP patch fix for your emulator.
IF... that works, you're good.. but I doubt that will work. Worth a shot though.
Which emulator? I'm sure someone on here can make a fix for it.
Here

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flameingblack said:
I mean, it's not a problem with the emulator or the ROM, both are working just fine individually. I just can't patch the ROM, that's the only problem.
Oh :/
We really need to just get a Drag/Drop patch method so the issues will stop lol
Couple questions that might help me help you.
What problem are you having with xDelta?
What problem are you having with the UPS patcher?
What problem are you having with the DOS patching method?

Flameingblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Flameingblack said:
I mean, it's not a problem with the emulator or the ROM, both are working just fine individually. I just can't patch the ROM, that's the only problem.
Oh :/
We really need to just get a Drag/Drop patch method so the issues will stop lol
Couple questions that might help me help you.
What problem are you having with xDelta?
What problem are you having with the UPS patcher?
What problem are you having with the DOS patching method?
I downloaded the file in the origional post twice, from Megaupload and Mediafire, because I thought I might have downloaded the incorrect file. I don't have the xDelta file at all, which is why I couldn't use the DOS method. Trying the DOS method with the tsukuyomi - UPS application included just opens up the program, which still doesn't patch correctly.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flameingblack said:
I downloaded the file in the origional post twice, from Megaupload and Mediafire, because I thought I might have downloaded the incorrect file. I don't have the xDelta file at all, which is why I couldn't use the DOS method. Trying the DOS method with the tsukuyomi - UPS application included just opens up the program, which still doesn't patch correctly.
This is the exact same download as the first post but with xDelta included. Try xDelta.

QUOTE(Drayano @ Apr 17 2011, 02:14 PM) EDIT: Actually, can I have an opinion on the level curve from you guys? Do you think it's too steep?
Seems fine to me, with access to EXP raising items early anyway. The only issue I would see is lack of EXP Share's, and I mean more than one, obtainable early on. Maybe around 2nd/3rd Gym. Possibly make a wild Pokemon hold them (50% chance - with 10% encounter ratio?) With the route containing sure varieties of types, it's easy and not easy to level quickly. As I've told a few others, I used the x4 EXP code to even out the leveling differences between the wild Pokemon and the Gym Leaders large gap in level differences. I think it should be the way it is, no Gym Leader should be easy. Earning a badge should be hard as hell. It makes it so much more worth it when you beat the Gym Leaders, a sense of accomplishment - something Nintendo/GameFreak never added to their official releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1