ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

knivez69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EV Hot Spots could be a good idea... (Like in the Platinum Enhanced mod).
Like some routes only filled with one type of EV.

Flameingblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Flameingblack said:
I downloaded the file in the origional post twice, from Megaupload and Mediafire, because I thought I might have downloaded the incorrect file. I don't have the xDelta file at all, which is why I couldn't use the DOS method. Trying the DOS method with the tsukuyomi - UPS application included just opens up the program, which still doesn't patch correctly.
This is the exact same download as the first post but with xDelta included. Try xDelta.

QUOTE(Drayano @ Apr 17 2011, 02:14 PM) EDIT: Actually, can I have an opinion on the level curve from you guys? Do you think it's too steep?
Seems fine to me, with access to EXP raising items early anyway. The only issue I would see is lack of EXP Share's, and I mean more than one, obtainable early on. Maybe around 2nd/3rd Gym. Possibly make a wild Pokemon hold them (50% chance - with 10% encounter ratio?) With the route containing sure varieties of types, it's easy and not easy to level quickly. As I've told a few others, I used the x4 EXP code to even out the leveling differences between the wild Pokemon and the Gym Leaders large gap in level differences. I think it should be the way it is, no Gym Leader should be easy. Earning a badge should be hard as hell. It makes it so much more worth it when you beat the Gym Leaders, a sense of accomplishment - something Nintendo/GameFreak never added to their official releases.
The Megaupload link doesn't work at all. I found XDelta online though, and attempted to follow the directions. Using the GUI does absolutely nothing, and using it through the Command Prompt gives me an error. "Bad Magic Number: Not a valid delta"

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flameingblack said:
The Megaupload link doesn't work at all. I found XDelta online though, and attempted to follow the directions. Using the GUI does absolutely nothing, and using it through the Command Prompt gives me an error. "Bad Magic Number: Not a valid delta"
MediaFire link- but anywho. Try just the xDelta method, without using the DOS method.
I hope you're following the guide I have in the first post lol Make sure you run it as Administrator, otherwise it might mess up.
MegaUpload keeps taking down my links...

LtSnuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Flameingblack said:
MediaFire link- but anywho. Try just the xDelta method, without using the DOS method.
I hope you're following the guide I have in the first post lol Make sure you run it as Administrator, otherwise it might mess up.
I'm having all the problems you're having. xD I've tried 5 different roms and nothings changed... Except the weird thing is, is that the UPS patcher will say patch complete and all that good stuff, but the rom doesnt change at all. Just the same basic rom it was before. 5 hours of trying hasn't gotten me anywhere.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LtSnuff said:
Hatchetball said:
Flameingblack said:
I'm having all the problems you're having. xD I've tried 5 different roms and nothings changed... Except the weird thing is, is that the UPS patcher will say patch complete and all that good stuff, but the rom doesnt change at all. Just the same basic rom it was before. 5 hours of trying hasn't gotten me anywhere.
The UPS patcher does not create a output file. It literally edits the ROM your choose to it to edit.
It will not leave a "_patched" file at all...
So, you've had it for 5 hours after UPS patching it but keep re-patching it :/ ...yeah just play the ROM lol it's patched...

LtSnuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
LtSnuff said:
Hatchetball said:
Flameingblack said:
The UPS patcher does not create a output file. It literally edits the ROM your choose to it to edit.
It will not leave a "_patched" file at all...
So, you've had it for 5 hours after UPS patching it but keep re-patching it :/
That's why i said 5 different roms. I thought it odd that it would say that but nothing in the game would change, no special move in the beginning, or any other pokemon in Route 1 that wouldnt normally be there. But so far all the games that have supposedly patched have had nothing changed in them at all.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LtSnuff said:
That's why i said 5 different roms. I thought it odd that it would say that but nothing in the game would change, no special move in the beginning, or any other pokemon in Route 1 that wouldnt normally be there. But so far all the games that have supposedly patched have had nothing changed in them at all.
Which patch? Legendary, Clean, or Normal?
Also what flashcard/emu?

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I don't do emulators and I don't make codes to fix them to play NDS games.
2. I suggest getting a flashcard and a real NDS. Seriously, cards are like $2.69 for a cheap and reliable one... invest. Emulators are slow and unreliable.
3. Hopefully you're using copies of the original ROM you downloaded. If it fails once, delete that rom and retry it with another clean copy of it.
4. There is no reason it shouldn't work. All of the methods work 100%
5. If you can play the ROM on the emulator after patching and it's not working, try another method.
6. It could be the ROM, not that patch. It's prolly the ROM.
:/
Also while I'm at it. This is for Eur/US ROMs, I don't know if it will work for any other regions. So make sure your ROM is US/EUR... and there is no need to AP patch before using this patch. Either way it will work with a AP patched ROM and a normal CLEAN ROM.

LtSnuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a clean EUR rom. I guess i'll just have to wait until someone figures out what's going on. I think it might be the emulator considering the rom patches just fine.. but it's anyone's guess at this point.

Edit: I just watched Drayano's video on youtube. Let's just say i've found a means to an end. Thank you, sir.
smile.gif

Double Edit: It turns out it is the emulator. A rom that was updated by the creator himself didn't work either. So i guess im stuck. Boo
tongue.gif

Flameingblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I figured out what was wrong. The location I was nabbing the ROM versions from were already patched (Which makes sense, considering the source). I had to go seek out a non-patched ROM file, and then it completed without any issues.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like quite an ordeal! Glad you got it working.

Shinintendo - The guy who posted after you originally was right; that's not a bug, it's just you have to walk over them for it to work.

knivez69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Okay, I figured out what was wrong. The location I was nabbing the ROM versions from were already patched (Which makes sense, considering the source). I had to go seek out a non-patched ROM file, and then it completed without any issues.
I think the one I used for my game wasn't a clean rom.
Because it was originally named std-pokemonblack-patched.nds.

I used xDelta to patch in DOS, no problems.
Playing it on DESMUME 0.9.7 x86, no saving/exp bugs.
Windows 7 Home Premium.

I think Tsukuyomi is just really picky about the rom file to be patched.
While xDelta patches regardless of patched/clean/untrimmed status.

Flameingblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knivez69 said:
QUOTE said:
I think the one I used for my game wasn't a clean rom.
Because it was originally named std-pokemonblack-patched.nds.

I used xDelta to patch in DOS, no problems.
Playing it on DESMUME 0.9.7 x86, no saving/exp bugs.
Windows 7 Home Premium.

I think Tsukuyomi is just really picky about the rom file to be patched.
While xDelta patches regardless of patched/clean/untrimmed status.
Yeah, I had downloaded four different versions, and couldn't figure out what was going on at all. xDelta wasn't working for me, even though I tried it both ways on three different operating systems. When I realized that I was rocking patched versions, I felt kind of dumb.

mc6415

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, was just wondering after hours upon hours of googling and coming up with nothing is there a guide somewhere with how to go about making a ROM Hack as it's something I'd be interested in doing myself, especially the hex editing.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mc6415 said:
Hey, was just wondering after hours upon hours of googling and coming up with nothing is there a guide somewhere with how to go about making a ROM Hack as it's something I'd be interested in doing myself, especially the hex editing.
Hacking guide that was already in this section :/

the23guy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there any alternatives to the tsukuyomi patcher? I'm using a prehistoric PC at the moment and it didn't do anything but lag me up for 45 minutes.

xDelta worked fine for me on the first version you released but i'm not sure it works with the .ups files. If i patch in DOS will it work with the .ups'?

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the23guy said:
Are there any alternatives to the tsukuyomi patcher? I'm using a prehistoric PC at the moment and it didn't do anything but lag me up for 45 minutes.

xDelta worked fine for me on the first version you released but i'm not sure it works with the .ups files. If i patch in DOS will it work with the .ups'?
You can try tsukuyomi with DOS but I've never done it to see if it would work. It might.
xDelta works fine and there are xDelta patches included in the download.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...I shouldn't have removed the xdelta patches. Gah
ohnoes.png

Also there's definitely gonna be another update. If there's anything else you think is bad/would be worth fixing/adding let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Sorry you're not good with Windows Sylvester. lol
    Because co-pilot doesnt even show up on my pc. Not in the taskbar, not in the start menu search, and the option in settings to turn it on and off in the taskbar is not even displayed.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Well, I complain about Microsoft all the time. You seem to enjoy it, no offense. If you like using Windows, that's fine by me.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Everything is my own opinions.
    Liking Windows or not is an opinion. Yes.
    Being able to disable copilot is not an opinion. lol. its a fact that it can be disabled.
    Yet you just laugh about it when I tell you, like Im lying
    People can dislike Windows all they want. But I will call out the over-exaggerations, misconceptions, half truths, and lies about it.
    +2
    Tired of the entire "BUT BUT BUT WINDOWZ SPYWARE!!!" thing too, when the same people give out tons of their personal info to plenty of other companies but say nothing about it.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Companies do the exact same thing with other companies as well, so it's not just Microsoft. There are 3rd-parties like 'data brokers'.
    I'm 52 years old and one of my jobs in life was marketing research. Im well aware. I've been online for around 30 years. Everyone and their grandmother already has my personal information. One more having my email address isn't ruining my life or even effecting me in any way whatsoever.
    +1
    In fact. I freely give info. Stuff like gasoline apps, to save $, grocery apps, lots of cash back from rakuten, etc. etc.
    +1
    $300 back last year from Rakuten for allowing them to track my purchase. I'll take the money for them to know I bought a bunch of stuff for my cat and some video games. lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No matter what you sign up for your info is out there
    +1
    Thats what im saying
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Exactly.
    And for people to say things like "But I use all fake info". No, they don't. lol. They use fake info for all of their banking and online shopping? Fake shipping address, fake payment info? lol
    Fake name, address and payment info for internet service, etc? lol. Ill say it again. Everyone freaks out about OMG WINDOWS!! But crickets on anything else they do.
    Other windows stuff people complain about hypocritically too. Like "But but but Windows bundle junk apps!!!!" Yeah?? So do many Linux distributions. Dont like it? Use one without them. Same with windows. Either find a pre-made version without the bundled stuff, or very easily make your own installer with what you want and do not want.
    +1
  • console @ console:
    I agree with all above! Microsoft made a biggest mess with us and everyone! I wish Microsoft company should be fired then lost it. LOL :rofl2:
    +1
    I dont like the stuff added either. I have zero use for copilot or recall. But I also just simply disable it and move on.
    +1
    Always disabled dumb cortana from day 1 too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    When you're a billion dollar company even upper management is just peons to the company
    +1
    MS is funny. Insider programs for both Windows and Xbox, where they listen to absolutely none of the insider feedback and just do what the fuck they want. lolol
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: MS is funny. Insider programs for both Windows and Xbox, where they listen to absolutely none of...