ROM Hack Pokémon Black & White Deluxe

Fabfab947

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have finished the beta 0.8 and it's great. Can`t waite to finish the entire game.

I also like your ideas for the next version. I'm really excited!
Good luck with your exams!

Abudura

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i recently downloaded your 0.8 beta. I patched the file correctly and it was successful. Once i copied it into my R4 and reinserted the r4 into DS Lite the problem occured when i tried to play Pokemon White as i clicked on game to start it, it created a savefile and then it proceded to load the savefile but a error message came up saying "Savfile not located reset the system" what can i do to solve this problem?

UlquiorraOwns210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm a new fan of this hack. I have yet to download it (I am a ridiculously cautious person). I just have ( a bunch, sorry) questions for you Oxnite...

I have DeSmuMe, so do I just download this as I would any other ROM?

Could the problems in the game adversly affect my computer, or just the ROM itself?

It counts as a seperate game, it doesn't mess with a Black and White file, right?

When you make new patches, I read and heard that save files stay, but does the newly downloaded patch update the original file you downloaded, or create a new file? If it does, does deleting and old patch file delete your save data?

Concerning the actual game, is the storyline a custom storyline, or is it the same one, with variations added by you?
Legendaries? How do they work? How about starters?

Are all Generation pokemon available? Or only up to Gen IV?

I know it's a lot, I'm sorry, but I'm very willing to be a dedicated beta tester and report anything that comes up while I play, and give feedback in general. Props again for making this awesome game, thank you very, very, very much!

D3adCl0wn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I'm a new fan of this hack. I have yet to download it (I am a ridiculously cautious person). I just have ( a bunch, sorry) questions for you Oxnite...

Could the problems in the game adversly affect my computer, or just the ROM itself?

It counts as a seperate game, it doesn't mess with a Black and White file, right?

When you make new patches, I read and heard that save files stay, but does the newly downloaded patch update the original file you downloaded, or create a new file? If it does, does deleting and old patch file delete your save data?

Concerning the actual game, is the storyline a custom storyline, or is it the same one, with variations added by you?

I know it's a lot, I'm sorry, but I'm very willing to be a dedicated beta tester and report anything that comes up while I play, and give feedback in general. Props again for making this awesome game, thank you very, very, very much!
First, sorry if i'll answer your questions (just giving Oxnite some time ;D)

1. Yes just you'll just download it but you can't play it straight away, you have to patch it. (there is a readme file so kindly read it) I too use Desmume.

2. Did you mean virus/errors? Well I haven't encountered one yet.

3. This is a patch, so it will replace your game version as well as your save file. (So this is not like other ROMs that you just DL then play)

4. IMPORTANT! Before you patch the game make a copy of your save game file! Because after you patch the game you will start over again.
(New patches won't affect your patched save file)

5. Storyline, I don't know, I just skip all conversations. Legendaries, he said it will be in the game but "later", he will put them on hard to get places. Starters, same starters but instead you'll get mudkip, torchik, and treecko. You will get them the same as the original version. (you know, the monkeys)

6. Well this is the greatest part of the mod, and yes ALL pokemons, LITERALLY. I to V
Again sorry if I haven't given you polished answers.
(OXNITE! My friend got this too but he still got his old save file, he even had his conkeldurr by lvling and now he also got an electivire, some explainations?)

UlquiorraOwns210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First, sorry if i'll answer your questions (just giving Oxnite some time ;D)

1. Yes just you'll just download it but you can't play it straight away, you have to patch it. (there is a readme file so kindly read it) I too use Desmume.

2. Did you mean virus/errors? Well I haven't encountered one yet.

3. This is a patch, so it will replace your game version as well as your save file. (So this is not like other ROMs that you just DL then play)

4. IMPORTANT! Before you patch the game make a copy of your save game file! Because after you patch the game you will start over again.
(New patches won't affect your patched save file)

5. Storyline, I don't know, I just skip all conversations. Legendaries, he said it will be in the game but "later", he will put them on hard to get places. Starters, same starters but instead you'll get mudkip, torchik, and treecko. You will get them the same as the original version. (you know, the monkeys)

6. Well this is the greatest part of the mod, and yes ALL pokemons, LITERALLY. I to V
Again sorry if I haven't given you polished answers.
(OXNITE! My friend got this too but he still got his old save file, he even had his conkeldurr by lvling and now he also got an electivire, some explainations?)

Thanks a bunch man! I totally appreciate this. Gonna go try it out now!

tayray94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I really want to play this on my TTDS but I keep getting error code =-4 thing. I don't like playing on the computer so does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to fix it?

Nevermind, got it working. WOooohoooo. This'll be fun to play through first and then nuzlocke after.

Fabfab947

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if it's already in the game, but it would be awesome if the pokemon can get there dreamworld abilities without dreamworld.
For example: You can catch a Gligar with Immunity or an Abra with Magic Guard

D3adCl0wn

Trophies
XP
Country
Sir Oxnite, I think there is a "problem" with Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar. Well, I can't get them cause the hold then lvlup thing didn't work. (Conkeldurr lvlup works though)
And huge thanks! I really Enjoy this mod. Luxray nostalgia XD

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if it's already in the game, but it would be awesome if the pokemon can get there dreamworld abilities without dreamworld.
For example: You can catch a Gligar with Immunity or an Abra with Magic Guard
If I find an option to make all three Abilities randomly available in the wild, I will certainly add it. However, I'll look into that somewhere near the final release because it's not the main part that has to be edited for now.
It's a good idea nevertheless.

Sir Oxnite, I think there is a "problem" with Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar. Well, I can't get them cause the hold then lvlup thing didn't work. (Conkeldurr lvlup works though)
And huge thanks! I really Enjoy this mod. Luxray nostalgia XD
You already got the Protector, Electrizer and Magmarizer? Because they cannot be found ''legally'' as of beta 0.8. Also, as of beta 0.8, Pokémon only evolve either during daytime or at night while holding an item. This is one of the features that will be fixed in beta version 0.85, to be released in about 3-4 weeks. You should try again tomorrow when it's either day or night.

Abudura

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Oxnite, i recently downloaded your 0.8 beta. I patched the file correctly and it was successful. Once i copied it into my R4 and reinserted the r4 into DS Lite the problem occured when i tried to play Pokemon White as i clicked on game to start it, it created a savefile and then it proceded to load the savefile but a error message came up saying "Savfile not located reset the system" what can i do to solve this problem?

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Oxnite, i recently downloaded your 0.8 beta. I patched the file correctly and it was successful. Once i copied it into my R4 and reinserted the r4 into DS Lite the problem occured when i tried to play Pokemon White as i clicked on game to start it, it created a savefile and then it proceded to load the savefile but a error message came up saying "Savfile not located reset the system" what can i do to solve this problem?
You should try some different things. Open the R4 on your PC again and delete the save file (assuming it doesn't hold any valuable data yet).
Then open the R4 on your DSLite again and try to play the game again.

If it shows up the same error, try opening the R4 on your PC and take a look at the save file. The rom should be named: pokemonwhitedeluxe.nds and you should name the save file: pokemonwhitedeluxe.nds.sav , then it will work.

If that still doesn't work - do you use Wood?

D3adCl0wn

Trophies
XP
Country
My friend is using an Emulator (DesMume), here is what he did with the patching:
1. Downloaded the Mod then extracted to desktop.
2. He moved the save game file and its Save states on a new folder. (also a reserve COPY of Pokemon White version ".NDS")
3. Moved the original Pokemon White Version.NDS file to the patch folder.
4. Patched the game. (following the instructions on the readme file)
5. Opened the patched game on the patch folder.

But he was surprised that it still has his previous saved game on the main menu!
He loaded it then tried the new stuff, and YES! He then tried all sort of stuff like the Elite four (which only has lvl 30 pokemons XD)
Enjoyed filling his pokedex and training more pokemons! (about the electirizers and magmarizers, we tried it with cheats "'cause we wanted to see if it really works" but they don't, or maybe it's because we used cheats?)

sorry for the long post, but further clarifications would be appreciated. will be posting more bugs (even suggestions :D) kthxbai

Abudura

Trophies
XP
Country
You should try some different things. Open the R4 on your PC again and delete the save file (assuming it doesn't hold any valuable data yet).
Then open the R4 on your DSLite again and try to play the game again.

If it shows up the same error, try opening the R4 on your PC and take a look at the save file. The rom should be named: pokemonwhitedeluxe.nds and you should name the save file: pokemonwhitedeluxe.nds.sav , then it will work.

If that still doesn't work - do you use Wood?

No i don't use wood. Just to add the source while is called Pokemon White.nds when i use your program the output file has the same name. Is this supposed to happen?

EDIT: It made a new save file and the same thing happened when i loaded the game. it said "No savfile found" "reset the system". Whats my next step?

iLoveHACKS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Oxnite. Just checking in to see how the progress for version 8.5 is going. I have not touched the game ever since my last update and am currently waiting in front of victory road.

Mewmewzapdos

Trophies
XP
Country
Just created an account to give u advices :)
Being a Pokemon Veteran, i found the original nintendo games VERY easy(my pokemon is already at lv 70s when i approached the elite four 4 the first time XD in Black) But i had finally found a challenging pokemon game in my life and i want to help u to make it much better. So, here is some of my suggestion,
  • After beating the Elite Four the first time, it should be possible to insert a script into each gym leader so they will be re-battlable and have a brand new team with higher level poke, i want to make their teams competitive standard(Dont worry i m pro in monotype on PO), so i can create their teams for u if u want me to :)
  • Same thing apply to the Elite Four i want them to be competitive standard too so u can ask me to build their teams 4 u.
  • eh, i just gone thru the cores of the rom and find out that u had already edited the victory road poke, they are lv 77-83, but i think i no y u told people not to explore it yet, u havent edit the N's part. I suggest to put some more strong traniers in victory road to make it really hard.
  • I hope in the final version of this rom, we will be able to catch all pokemon INCLUDING legendaries, when someone created a map editor,u should insert more legendaries in the game.
Thanks 4 reading, and just reply if u want to say something :)

UlquiorraOwns210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a Pokemon Veteran, i found the original nintendo games VERY easy(my pokemon is already at lv 70s when i approached the elite four 4 the first time XD in Black) But i had finally found a challenging pokemon game in my life and i want to help u to make it much better. So, here is some of my suggestion,
  • After beating the Elite Four the first time, it should be possible to insert a script into each gym leader so they will be re-battlable and have a brand new team with higher level poke, i want to make their teams competitive standard(Dont worry i m pro in monotype on PO), so i can create their teams for u if u want me to :)
  • Same thing apply to the Elite Four i want them to be competitive standard too so u can ask me to build their teams 4 u.
  • eh, i just gone thru the cores of the rom and find out that u had already edited the victory road poke, they are lv 77-83, but i think i no y u told people not to explore it yet, u havent edit the N's part. I suggest to put some more strong traniers in victory road to make it really hard.
  • I hope in the final version of this rom, we will be able to catch all pokemon INCLUDING legendaries, when someone created a map editor,u should insert more legendaries in the game.

By competitive standard do you mean that the former gym leaders and elite 4 would be just better fighters in general, or have them as good as actual players?

Also Oxnite, I finally patched my ROM and I'm playing on DeSmuMe. Everything so far is going great (thanks to you!) Things are really smooth except for maybe one thing. Sometimes during battles, certain sound effects suddenly stop playing. I don't think it's my emulator because every other game has flawless sounds. It's not all the time but sometimes, when a pokemon is sent out sometimes it doesn't make the cry. Also, sometimes, when I make a pokemon use tackle, the sound effect for tackle doesn't play, just the animation. It doesn't turn off permenantly, just certain instances.

Edit: actually, it's always. When my pokemon use Tackle, you don't hear the sound effect. I'm not sure about other moves, so far it seems like just Tackle. Also, the opponent pokemon's, wild or trained, cry always sounds like its at a lower volume.

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
By competitive standard do you mean that the former gym leaders and elite 4 would be just better fighters in general, or have them as good as actual players?

Also Oxnite, I finally patched my ROM and I'm playing on DeSmuMe. Everything so far is going great (thanks to you!) Things are really smooth except for maybe one thing. Sometimes during battles, certain sound effects suddenly stop playing. I don't think it's my emulator because every other game has flawless sounds. It's not all the time but sometimes, when a pokemon is sent out sometimes it doesn't make the cry. Also, sometimes, when I make a pokemon use tackle, the sound effect for tackle doesn't play, just the animation. It doesn't turn off permenantly, just certain instances.

Edit: actually, it's always. When my pokemon use Tackle, you don't hear the sound effect. I'm not sure about other moves, so far it seems like just Tackle. Also, the opponent pokemon's, wild or trained, cry always sounds like its at a lower volume.
That's a very common thing on DeSmuME. It happens with the original Pokémon White rom, too (at least for me it did). You can't hear any sounds ''that have to do with your opponent''. I'm sorry but I can't fix that because it's not caused by the White Deluxe patch.

Here are the respective answers:
  • If it was possible to rebattle Gym Leaders, I would have already added that. It will take a lot of scripting to add such things.. I'll have to look into that but I'm afraid I can't do it.
  • Fortunately, the Elite Four can be battled again without the need of a script. Thanks for your offer, but I will create the teams for them. I'm a competitive battler too, playing since Pokémon Red & Blue. I tend to make a strategy (with a little help of smogon, sometimes) for every Trainer in Pokémon Black & White Deluxe, actually (well, the Trainers starting from Icirrus City or something). I think you will like the Elite Four's Pokémon anyway.
  • I haven't edited any Trainer at the Victory Road yet, actually. Maybe I did a long time ago, but the teams they currently have will be edited. That's the reason why I didn't want anybody to enter the Victory Road.
  • I still have to think about a fitting way to catch Legendary Pokémon. At least several new Legendary Pokémon will be available, in a cool way. I'm just not very fond of wild Legendary encounters.. Anyway, I'll think of something.
Hello Oxnite. Just checking in to see how the progress for version 8.5 is going. I have not touched the game ever since my last update and am currently waiting in front of victory road.
Hi iLoveHACKS, I'm sorry to disappoint you but for me, exams start next week so I won't be able to do anything really. Beta version 0.85 will be released somewhere around the first week of June. Thanks for your interest in the upcoming beta! Oh, and the next version will have a lot of new things to do. It will even be worthy to start from the beginning of the game (for a second time) because there will be many many changes!

No i don't use wood. Just to add the source while is called Pokemon White.nds when i use your program the output file has the same name. Is this supposed to happen?

EDIT: It made a new save file and the same thing happened when i loaded the game. it said "No savfile found" "reset the system". Whats my next step?
Regarding your first question - yes, that's supposed to happen if I recall correctly.

Then now, why don't you try and install Wood on your flashcart? (assuming you are using a R4)
After that, add the patched Pokemon White.nds to the flashcart and try to play it.

My friend is using an Emulator (DesMume), here is what he did with the patching:
1. Downloaded the Mod then extracted to desktop.
2. He moved the save game file and its Save states on a new folder. (also a reserve COPY of Pokemon White version ".NDS")
3. Moved the original Pokemon White Version.NDS file to the patch folder.
4. Patched the game. (following the instructions on the readme file)
5. Opened the patched game on the patch folder.

But he was surprised that it still has his previous saved game on the main menu!
He loaded it then tried the new stuff, and YES! He then tried all sort of stuff like the Elite four (which only has lvl 30 pokemons XD)
Enjoyed filling his pokedex and training more pokemons! (about the electirizers and magmarizers, we tried it with cheats "'cause we wanted to see if it really works" but they don't, or maybe it's because we used cheats?)

sorry for the long post, but further clarifications would be appreciated. will be posting more bugs (even suggestions :D) kthxbai
Regarding the bold text in your quote - I'm not very sure why that is, but you probably still had the Pokemon White Version.NDS.SAV save file somewhere.. Yep, the Elite Four is messed up intentionally. You can battle their correct teams in the next beta version 0.85.

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country
This game rocks! Just finished the Beta and am now waiting at the Victory Road. To be honest, there's not much I can critique since I haven't encountered any problems :). Can't wait for the final release!

Mewmewzapdos

Trophies
XP
Country
One thing I find a bit weird, I used the Trainer Editor and gone thru the trainers, on ghetsis's gliscor, u gave it toxic orb and acrobatics, i suggest flying gem>toxic orb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol