• Likes 5

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
They even went out of their way and specifically gave the map a brown paper-ish edge, which is covered by the ice regardless, for the sole purpose to not be misleading.
Like everything else doesnt imply that anyway.

Im just wondering about anyone who thinks the ice is actual ice on the map:
Did you read its covered in ice on news of a fansite?
Did you simply not take a proper look?
Both?

Cause Im curious whether people have a hard time noticing the obvious, or if fansites are guilty of spreading misinformation from rushed assumptions through/and low quality pictures.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im pretty sure, the ice will be part of the pre-postgame and will be gone by the time you get your 7th badge. chances are you hardly even get to see the ice, just told about it.

finally, it will be magic pokemon ice. when its gone, it will be as if it was never there to begin with

Charon

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Slovenia
im pretty sure, the ice will be part of the pre-postgame and will be gone by the time you get your 7th badge. chances are you hardly even get to see the ice, just told about it.

finally, it will be magic pokemon ice. when its gone, it will be as if it was never there to begin with
Its
Going
Over
The
Edge
Of
The
Map.

And since when is there magic ice in these games?

Reactions: 1 person

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So.
What.
?.

Going over the edge of the map has no value as an argument really. it does not prove or disprove anything. also, what kind of spoilers could there possibly be on the worldmap they need to keep secret? appart from new towns that we could not see much of on a worldmap anyway, there is no reason at all, if it is not simply part of our typical pokemon stories.

and i mean the ice will have no impact on the world once its gone, which would logically be once you battle and defeat kyurem. just as kyogres rain had no impact on the world, even though it was supposed to flood it. you beat it, no town was flooded, not even those closest to the sea
that the ice was actually there, would easily make sense, cause these games will be about kyurem. and we already saw kyurem turn a nice green meteorcrater onto a blazing icy tundra in an instant.

to be fair. maybe, the ice wont be there when the game starts. but it will eventually be there for some time once kyurem gets activated/fuses with whoever.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to be fair. maybe, the ice wont be there when the game starts. but it will eventually be there for some time once kyurem gets activated/fuses with whoever.
No, the ice is definitely there from the start, it's the significance of the 2 year time skip.
You probably won't get to see that much of the ice, at best you'll probably get NPCs acting as roadblocks in those tunnels that connect routes, whose job is to push you away and say "There's ice blocking the way", instead of letting you see for yourself.
And that'll keep happening until you deal with the ice, either by catching Kyurem or beating the main story end boss (be it the pokémon league champion or the team villain), by which time the ice will go away.

Reactions: 1 person

Charon

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Slovenia
There is no ice on the region.
If there will be some snow storm catastrophe during the game, we don't know that yet. But I doubt there will be...more than filling that old crater again.
The 'ice' on the picture however is clearly not real.
They never say its real, always pointing out THE MAP is frozen, not the region. Its a paper map, and its half frozen.

So.
What.
?.

Going over the edge of the map has no value as an argument really. it does not prove or disprove anything. also, what kind of spoilers could there possibly be on the worldmap they need to keep secret? appart from new towns that we could not see much of on a worldmap anyway, there is no reason at all, if it is not simply part of our typical pokemon stories.

and i mean the ice will have no impact on the world once its gone, which would logically be once you battle and defeat kyurem. just as kyogres rain had no impact on the world, even though it was supposed to flood it. you beat it, no town was flooded, not even those closest to the sea
that the ice was actually there, would easily make sense, cause these games will be about kyurem. and we already saw kyurem turn a nice green meteorcrater onto a blazing icy tundra in an instant.

Whats to keep secret? The same stuff they used to cover in suspicious clouds for the past games. Did you have to use Defog in the battle frontier? I didn't.

How is the argument baseless?
Its rock solid (or in this case paper actually).
The brown edges of the map are there for one single reason. To tell you its a paper map. And the ice goes over it. It is not part of the region.

How about the clouds which have the exact same shape at the exactly same places BELOW THE ICE?
I guess its another argument with no value, right, since its just as good as the previous one you brushed off with zero consideration.

Look, its not like this is up to speculation, actually check the picture out and figure the obvious. They put everything in place to not mislead, yet you stick to the fantasy of the photoshop glacier being on the actual region? Do you need a reason to be mad at them when its released or why?

Reactions: 2 people

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone thinking about/know of more technical stuff of the game; such as features...?

I hope there is an option that will allow us to ship all our pokemon from Black1 and White1 to Black2 and White2 in one move/transfer.

My only gripe with pokemon games recently have been the generation of some conceptually week pokemon; garbage bag, ice cream cone and others..., and the difficulty of moving them around >_<

Catching rattatas in my FR/LG version to trade all my pokemon out of Colosseum or XD just to have to palPark them into soul silver to then visit the transfer station is quite a process that got old. Normally I don't have to do such a transfer chain but sometimes I have to take the day off work and cancel all my appointments to get the job done.

The main thing is having to migrate all your pokemon every time a new version comes out >_< I wish we could have an easy import/migrate all option.

Anyone herd if we are getting a feature as such?

Charon

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Slovenia
No info like that, but I doubt it.

The cone and trashbag are not conceptually weaker than previous generations.
Gen V was actually like a homage to the original 150, since theres lots of reused bases (which are unique and fresh regardless).

Vanillite isnt an actual ice cream cone, its a pokemon that resembles it when its covered with snow. Its like a reverse mimicry, which has always been part of the franchise.

And Trubbish isnt just a trashbag, its based on the joke that occurs when someone doesnt take the trash out for too long, like "a day longer and its gonna turn alive and eat you".
But anyway, even though it is a trashbag, IMO its the funniest and cutest living trashbag Ive ever seen xD.
trubbish.jpg

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the backgrounds/enviornments look like minecraft lol.

But seriously, why another b&w game?! Pokémon Conquest looks so much better as it takes a whole new perspective on pokèmon and a new battle system. They should've saved the new gyms and cities for the next generation of pkmn and made two versions of Conquest.

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

But seriously, why another b&w game?! Pokémon Conquest looks so much better as it takes a whole new perspective on pokèmon and a new battle system. They should've saved the new gyms and cities for the next generation of pkmn and made two versions of Conquest.
To make a quick buck without the hassle of making new pokemon? :lol:

D

Deleted-236924

OP

But seriously, why another b&amp;w game?! Pokémon Conquest looks so much better as it takes a whole new perspective on pokèmon and a new battle system. They should've saved the new gyms and cities for the next generation of pkmn and made two versions of Conquest.
Eww @ making two versions of a spinoff instead of making two versions of a main series.
Wait for it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: need to have official info from N