Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
How can I export a patch? I didn't modify the ROM myself so I'm not sure what is edited, if someone can let me know then I can post a patch on here.
This can make patches.
http://byuu.org/programming/beat/
IPS is limited to 16MB so it's not usable here, and while xdelta is popular, people tend to have outdated versions and stuff installed which can make patching not work.

What about .UPS?
Same author, his project became Beat/BPS.

D

Deleted-236924

But yeah, I don't really get why people insist on using xDelta when it always causes problems.

weltall_of_id

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I still do not get why the Mawile rom works fine for me. Its like it works on some and not on others? I am not sure if i should patch/use cheat code yet.

D

delmem_GfJ5Lj9s7M

You have the r4isdhc dual core "New"?, you can't get pokemon black and white 2 to work on your r4?
i have made a tutorial with all the resources needed to get your r4 working with the USA rom.
http://bbs.r4isdhc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=957
it took me sometime but i managed to get it working.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone already covered this, but how can I get the patch from a prepatched rom and apply it to the other? I found a link for prepatched white2 but the black2 link is dead. Or better, where can I find the patch itself? Using a DSTWO.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Report!

Working on DSTTi with latest RetroGameCart. Rom tested: White 2 (IRDO 012AF769).

I would like to confirm this as well. I can play White 2 on my TTDS after doing the AP fix mentioned at the first post in the thread.
I already won against the champion.

The only thing I cant get working is the GTS trading (haven't tested gts negotiation and random battles)
The game freezes when I select a pokemon to deposit.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone already covered this, but how can I get the patch from a prepatched rom and apply it to the other? I found a link for prepatched white2 but the black2 link is dead.
How can I export a patch? I didn't modify the ROM myself so I'm not sure what is edited, if someone can let me know then I can post a patch on here.
This can make patches.
http://byuu.org/programming/beat/
IPS is limited to 16MB so it's not usable here, and while xdelta is popular, people tend to have outdated versions and stuff installed which can make patching not work.

Or better, where can I find the patch itself? Using a DSTWO.
The ROM, once patched, is not separate from the patch. It's like trying to find somebody's "surgery" they had a few months ago. It's an action that previously happened, it's not available with those resources.

nchlsbrkr

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
For the people with r4i-sdhc like me, follow this link http://gbatemp.net/t...pdatesreleases/ and follow the instructions on how to install this kernel on your r4i(make sure you are using a clean unpatched rom). I've been using this for a couple of days now and i already have 7 badges in white 2(haven't tested black 2 as yet but it should also work). The game runs almost perfectly aside from a few rare framerate drops. It sucks that we have to always wait one month after a new game comes out to be able to play it but luckily we have alternatives.

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble with my AK2i, the game hangs at the lading screen (of AK2i). I've tried patched and not patched as well as formatting my micro SD card. Using firmware 1.9.0 on a DS Phat.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the mods of this thread:
As the initial first "wave" of pokefans and poketards has passed, and the rest left here are most likely to troubleshoot/find help with patching, I suggest everyone who posts who has an issue with the game post in the following format, so that it is easy to for others to help them out:

Rom name, Region, Clean, prepatched, or self-patched
Checksum of rom, so we can determine if it is indeed clean, patched, or does not match. Send users to these links to get the hash: HxD, HashCheck.
Flashcart or emulator used and version number/firmware version, and hardware version.
Cheats on or off. If on, list cheats, and code name/link to code
Firmware/Rom settings on Flashcard/emulator
Description of error in as much detail as possible.

I think that if everyone else who had a problem used this format for their problems, it would make things easier, rather than getting a whole bunch of "HELP, POKEMON BLACK 2 ISN'T WORKING HURR DURR HELP ME NAO PLZ RESPOND!!!1!!" responses on the board. So all set up, it should look something like this:

1)Pokemon White 2, U, Self-Patched
2)Patched Rom MD5: 32485892a6f36d80f7d9b54fb398eb12
3)Clean Rom MD5: 617C7BA1C853EC8A1194DB913A6AF860
4)Acekard 2i, AKAIO Firmware 1.9.0, Deep Labyrinth - Digital Bros (DSi v1.4.4 & 3DS 4.0.0-7/4.1.0-8) bootloader, HW 81
5)Tried with cheats on and off, http://pastebin.com/AZiWyCT2
DS Download play and soft reset off, tried cheats on/off, tried bypass AP on/off
It loads just fine, plays the intro fine, but when it finishes the intro, where it should show the main pokemon of the game and the game logo, I just get a black screen with distorted scratchy sounds of what the title screen should have. Trying soft-reset stops the sound, as it obviously is trying to return to the menu, but fails.

Thats what I think that it should look like. Also, maybe edit the main post and put the checksums for the clean and patched roms on there, so people can verify it themselves.

Reactions: 3 people

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good point. Thing is those non-poketards would probably already do something like this (at least post all the details required). The problem are the n00bz who never bother to read anyway will go on to ignore whatever has been stated. Like how some ask for roms despite us providing 435637929975366834007 notices all over the place stating that it is not allowed here. Sad but true. :(

Reactions: 2 people

Wiip™

Worth a penny.
Trophies
XP
Country
Having trouble with my AK2i, the game hangs at the lading screen (of AK2i). I've tried patched and not patched as well as formatting my micro SD card. Using firmware 1.9.0 on a DS Phat.

Have you tried turning download play, soft reset, bypass AP and cheats off?
Start -> options (while "pointing" at that game) and change those options (Soft reset etc.) to disabled.
Hope that works.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there Guys :) I have an R4iGoldPlus and have a few problems with Pokemon Black and White 2 (Join the club huh? ;) ) Anyway, the cutscene at the start works fine but it seems to freeze on the press start screen, it goes black and doesn't even display it but plays the music?. The rom is clean name:
XXXX - Pokemon: Black Version 2 (U)

and even after patching does't work, if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. Also have the latest retrogamefan multi cart update.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
Its confirmed

Its now working with r4i-sdhc 3ds if you change some narc from the jap version but still 100% english

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright listen, I'm not going to scroll through a bunch of pages just to waste my time.
I don't mean to be a hassle but...
PWT (Pokemon World Tournament)
On white2 freezes after the 1st battle.
Help, ayuda, I'm pretty sure OTHERS are having this problem aswell and it's
pissing me OFF since I cannot find an ANSWER :hateit:
Much help is appreciated PLEASE, oh and also, I'm using DSTWO with latest EOS firmware/update on 3DS.
Thanks.

2nd Edit: Game is also patched, any ideas, clues, suggestions? :(

3rd Edit: I read through the posts and I'll try running the game in clean mode or finishing PWT in DeSMuMe
Still, this is very troublesome... -_-

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright listen, I'm not going to scroll through a bunch of pages just to waste my time.
I don't mean to be a hassle but...
PWT (Pokemon World Tournament)
On white2 freezes after the 1st battle.
Help, ayuda, I'm pretty sure OTHERS are having this problem aswell and it's
pissing me OFF since I cannot find an ANSWER :hateit:
Much help is appreciated PLEASE, oh and also, I'm using DSTWO with latest EOS firmware/update on 3DS.
Thanks.

2nd Edit: Game is also patched, any ideas, clues, suggestions? :(

3rd Edit: I read through the posts and I'll try running the game in clean mode or finishing PWT in DeSMuMe
Still, this is very troublesome... -_-
LOL I guess that's what we have to bear since we are getting this for free XD

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?