ROM Hack Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Pokesav?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno about you guys, but I like Pokesav more. I like the large window and the ability to edit my items with moderation. I like setting even the little things like "resetting" pokemon names or setting pokemon original trainers to my character. I especially like having a personal window for each individual pokemon so I don't have to go through tabs and whatnot to get what I want.

I haven't been using Pokegen long and I feel quite frustrated. It isn't like Pokesav in which you pick up and go. The interface is quite unneccessarily complicated. I have no idea what was going through the developer's mind, but Pokesav is better in this sense hands down. I don't even remember struggling with Pokesav when I first got it. It's straight forward.

Anyway, that aside...

Even if you don't like Pokegen's configuration methods, I found that the BW2 save does load into Pokesav BW. So I think you can just edit your pokemon there, save to .pkm, and just load it up in Pokegen to finish up. I wouldn't directly use Pokesav BW with BW2...who knows what may happen.

Codr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The interface is quite unneccessarily complicated. I have no idea what was going through the developer's mind
Just like I have no idea what goes through your mind when you look at the UI. I cannot comprehend how it's confusing to you or anyone else. If you'd care to be more detailed on exactly what's "problematic", perhaps it can be changed.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
Pokegen is my favourite. the only good thing in pokesav . is that you could change where you´re char is

Ykr1113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokesav is shit. For Black and White 2. Pokegen is better, but that doesn't answer your question does it ? I remember the guy who originally made pokesav had placed a section on his site for "BW2 pokesav" (In Japanese) the game has been out in japan for several months and Codr had already figured out the structure of the save file for pokegen ,.
Honestly i don't think he will make one and if he does and it takes him this long I hope its not shit like the other ones.

htt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used Pokesav before and was using it for like 1-2 years before I discovered Pokegen.I love Pokegen more these days because I can easily overwrite my Desmume save files...Its so convenient that way.Pokesav was good when pokegen wasn't around surely but it had too many options to confuse you.You can also generate codes to help someone you know...Besides there is always google if you manage to find something pokegen cant do :)

Surely a bigger Window or even Maximise option helps but its not a deal breaker kinda thing.All my thanks and appreciation to Codr for making something that awesome

frown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although you aren't asking for an opinion, the interface seems friendly enough to me.
It took some getting used to since I was accustomed to Pokesav, but it's pretty self-explanatory.
Runs just fine under Wine too, and that's a plus in my book. :lol:
The only real complaints I have about PokeGen are that you can't import/export multiple pokemon simultaneously (Is it possible to save a box off at a time?),
and trainer info isn't modifiable. I'm new to it, so I haven't read up on what's planned, but since it's under active development, I am hopeful.

Codr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother reading what Bowser-jr posts. He's proven he's incapable of providing any sort of logical explanation behind his opinion, and just spouts it mindlessly.

Runs just fine under Wine too, and that's a plus in my book.
Unfortunately that won't be the case with the next release.

The only real complaints I have about PokeGen are that you can't import/export multiple pokemon simultaneously (Is it possible to save a box off at a time?),
No, but you can currently drag multiple .pkm files to a box.

Ykr1113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokegen is not user friendly. It's hard to do anything simple.
It would be nice to know what you mean by "not user friendly"
I think if you can understand this :
lolcep.png

You can understand this

capturejbe.png

Reactions: 4 people

Bowser-jr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not even what Pokesav looks likes. And as for Pokegen, it's not user friendly. There is no easy way to save what you are doing, edit your stats and moves and abilities correctly, and it is still not able to show the correct location of when, where, and how the pokemon your editing was caught. I know pokesav for BW2 is in the works, so I'll only be using Pokegen till then; despite it's many flaws.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
That's not even what Pokesav looks likes. And as for Pokegen, it's not user friendly. There is no easy way to save what you are doing, edit your stats and moves and abilities correctly, and it is still not able to show the correct location of when, where, and how the pokemon your editing was caught. I know pokesav for BW2 is in the works, so I'll only be using Pokegen till then; despite it's many flaws.
There's "stats" and "attacks" tabs, so mind giving detail on what exactly is wrong there?

Ykr1113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to know is how are you going to continue using pokegen if there's no easy way to save ? Must take you 2 hours to do something in pokegen I guess.

Reactions: 1 person

Dragonhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this may be a bit offtopic but.. with pokesav/gen is there any way to extract a save from the physical cart? the ARDSi doesn't let me it says it can't detect the save

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lolcep.png

You can understand this

capturejbe.png

Seems like someone doesn't like Pokesav. If you're trolling, bravo sir, funny stuff. Now if you're not, I....think you need to get that computer of yours repaired, got too many viruses from a little free time on the internet huh. Anyway, PokeGen is the only thing available to Black 2 & White 2 at the moment, but it is usable. On the other hand, Pokesav is more open to options and way less confusing (something we call = user friendly). PokeGen can accidently overwrite a Pokemon in your Party/Box, if you're not paying close attention. When you highlight a Pokemon (eg. Rattata; meh) and you're trolling around with it's stat and then you go on to the next (eg.Lucario; legit) and want to rename it, you can blindly SET and overwrite and loose your Lucario without realizing it. By the way, my Pokesav looks nothing like the picture shown above, it's clean to shine and EASY. Having the actual copy makes it much more fun and harder. This way you don't have the temptation to cheat like most players.

Tip: Just thought of something... If you want to use Pokesav for B2/W2, why not trade it to the original Black/White games. And then use Pokesav. After you are done, simply trade em back. After all, B/W and B2/W2 are trade-able between each other; no restrictions.

Ykr1113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolcep.png

You can understand this

capturejbe.png

Seems like someone doesn't like Pokesav. If you're trolling, bravo sir, funny stuff. Now if you're not, I....think you need to get that computer of yours repaired, got too many viruses from a little free time on the internet huh. Anyway, PokeGen is the only thing available to Black 2 & White 2 at the moment, but it is usable. On the other hand, Pokesav is more open to options and way less confusing (something we call = user friendly). PokeGen can accidently overwrite a Pokemon in your Party/Box, if you're not paying close attention. When you highlight a Pokemon (eg. Rattata; meh) and you're trolling around with it's stat and then you go on to the next (eg.Lucario; legit) and want to rename it, you can blindly SET and overwrite and loose your Lucario without realizing it. By the way, my Pokesav looks nothing like the picture shown above, it's clean to shine and EASY. Having the actual copy makes it much more fun and harder. This way you don't have the temptation to cheat like most players.

Tip: Just thought of something... If you want to use Pokesav for B2/W2, why not trade it to the original Black/White games. And then use Pokesav. After you are done, simply trade em back. After all, B/W and B2/W2 are trade-able between each other; no restrictions.
I've provided my input . Just trolling .

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
this may be a bit offtopic but.. with pokesav/gen is there any way to extract a save from the physical cart? the ARDSi doesn't let me it says it can't detect the save

you need a flashcard but yes there is a method

use this homebrew SavSender
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzyyjubm0vz

lucian132

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can a event pokemon can be trade? (sorry never trade before...)
if can. what should i put in the location met? Link trade or the wifi event

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock