Status
Not open for further replies.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I want to install A9LH but do I have to install these 3 cias (O3DS NATIVE.cia, O3DS AGB.cia and O3DS TWL.cia) on my SysNAND to clean up this one (9.2 downgraded to 4.5 by using GW Downgrade in the past) to avoid any problem with CTRNAND in the future?

Are there any risks?

Thanks!

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you actually read through this thread, people have given reasons several times. If you want to deal with several hundred people asking why emunand no longer works in some update, go ahead, they were warned for the most part, and chose to ignore the issue which takes 5 minutes to solve.

It's not about reasons, there are plenty of reasons to stop using it.
But it's not mandatory nor dangerous like this thread claims it to be. It's still working. People can always change after it gets broken IF they want to.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not really, it's a glorified chainloader. The D9 part and the CFW part are still separate codebases with separate payloads used to launch them.
its-something.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not about reasons, there are plenty of reasons to stop using it.
But it's not mandatory nor dangerous like this thread claims it to be. It's still working. People can always change after it gets broken IF they want to.
Based on popular demand, I edited the title to be less aggressive.
Hi,

I want to install A9LH but do I have to install these 3 cias (O3DS NATIVE.cia, O3DS AGB.cia and O3DS TWL.cia) on my SysNAND to clean up this one (9.2 downgraded to 4.5 by using GW Downgrade in the past) to avoid any problem with CTRNAND in the future?

Are there any risks?

Thanks!
I do believe if you are running the patched versions, you do need to install the clean versions to properly set up A9LH.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Are there any risks?

Thanks!
actually im not certain if ts how it will work but the latest Luma3DS commit states "Finally fixes GW Downgraded Nands"

Reactions: Subtle Demise

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If im correctly they once blocked emunand before and it took like months to work on latest emunand. I think they wont do that again but you never know, even if so i can move to a9hl luma3ds anytime.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not really, it's a glorified chainloader. The D9 part and the CFW part are still separate codebases with separate payloads used to launch them.
Actually I did that because I don't wanna mess with FatFS, however, I'll probably merge both payloads into one (there are methods without deal with FatFS) , but honestly there is more important stuff to do before doing that.

P

PaiiNSteven

In fact; if you still enjoy the UI of RxTools, then look at Lima3DS. Not luma, lima. This is providing the same feel and style as rxtools while being 2000% better. Its still in development, but if it continues then you're probably gonna love it. Or if you're a fan of the newer rxtools UI, look at YARxTools?. Still providing the same tools as RxTools. Again, these are still in development, but I promise you this; these are so much better than the old rxtools. Its abandoned anyway.

7iven8Nine

Shrek's Memelord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still use Rxtools because I got it back when it was new and it works for my purposes. I will update when it becomes useless, but until then, I see no point in updating if I can use it for the hour or two I play in a month. I'm well aware of the problems with it and also the benefits of updating, there's just no need for it right now for me. Its like that first toy you got as a kid, you keep it until it is physically destroyed and then still keep it after.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I still use Rxtools because I got it back when it was new and it works for my purposes. I will update when it becomes useless, but until then, I see no point in updating if I can use it for the hour or two I play in a month. I'm well aware of the problems with it and also the benefits of updating, there's just no need for it right now for me. Its like that first toy you got as a kid, you keep it until it is physically destroyed and then still keep it after.
Your reason seems sound, but is really flawed. Why keep clinging to something that is out of date and no longer active when you can easily switch to something that is still being updated and working features? It will take you less than 5 minutes to get an up to date CFW running and give you less of a threat of problems in the future.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually I did that because I don't wanna mess with FatFS, however, I'll probably merge both payloads into one (there are methods without deal with FatFS) , but honestly there is more important stuff to do before doing that.
Huh. So when I do get my hands on making the Updater, I'll have to account for the possibility of the payloads being merged. I've never changed the path of the payload in Luma-like stuff, but I know SALT, Luma, etc, work fine with Luma's patcher. Would this single payload work fine with luma's path patcher programs?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Huh. So when I do get my hands on making the Updater, I'll have to account for the possibility of the payloads being merged. I've never changed the path of the payload in Luma-like stuff, but I know SALT, Luma, etc, work fine with Luma's patcher. Would this single payload work fine with luma's path patcher programs?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk
Probably I shall need to make its own path setter since merging payloads will mess offsets compared with Luma3DS, but yeah, when I get done with the first release I will include the python script for Lima3DS.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Probably I shall need to make its own path setter since merging payloads will mess offsets compared with Luma3DS, but yeah, when I get done with the first release I will include the python script for Lima3DS.
Awesome stuff. I haven't really read how StarUpdater does it, but it *should* be simple enough to edit it by changing the offsets, I suppose?

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome stuff. I haven't really read how StarUpdater does it, but it *should* be simple enough to edit it by changing the offsets, I suppose?
Dunno if StarUpdater sets the payload or gives an alreally setted one from Luma's nightlies server. We'd need to take a look on its lua script [emoji14]

Lenoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh look it's another rxtools thread.

>B-b-but it's simple to upgrade from rxtools! Look at my shiny link!

There are plenty options "upgrading from this/that" but rxtools is never involved.Actually putting those files on o3ds make it crash. There is a reason why people don't upgrade and it's because you're mentally retarded (I mean actually retarded, not offense intended).

Now stop spamming.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Dunno if StarUpdater sets the payload or gives an alreally setted one from Luma's nightlies server. We'd need to take a look on its lua script [emoji14]
it patches it afaik.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I had rxtools before I had a9lh because a9lh does not support rx tools and when I had menu Hax I did not want to change because I did not need to

Nice @Crystal the Glaceon, I actually cant wait for Nintendo to make 11.2 require a newer kernel. Then rxTools users will be forced to update, even though they should have ages ago, RxTools is dead now, no one is working on it and everyone should just move on!
That will also break ntr and hard mid and dso ware downgrading it's not good

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh look it's another rxtools thread.

>B-b-but it's simple to upgrade from rxtools! Look at my shiny link!

There are plenty options "upgrading from this/that" but rxtools is never involved.Actually putting those files on o3ds make it crash. There is a reason why people don't upgrade and it's because you're mentally retarded (I mean actually retarded, not offense intended).

Now stop spamming.
Do you have any proof to your claims? Because I have used every single CFW out there for the 3DS. The only one that ever gave me issues was old ReiNAND before old3DS was added. Regardless, please provide some actual evidence to your post before calling me out.
I would love for you to challenge me on CFW knowledge
http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/

D

Deleted User

I had rxtools before I had a9lh because a9lh does not support rx tools and when I had menu Hax I did not want to change because I did not need to

That will also break ntr and hard mid and dso ware downgrading it's not good
These are things that would happen eventually. NTR can be fixed in time. whilest the hardmod downgrade and DSiWareHax would be patched, I think Nintendo would do this anyway soon

Hamstermascot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The OP has a point with RXtools being dead, but he's completely wrong into thinking that rxtools still exists because nintendo is stupid with updating. This could be said about any cfw. Luma3ds could be patched, reinand could be patched whatever you can think of can be patched. People are deadwrong into thinking that 'just because rxtools still works that it's the only one that won't work with the next update. Now it is true that luma3ds is sooner to get an update that might fix it, but no one says it's possible by next patch. At one point we could be stuck at a certain update like with the ps3 and psvita.

D

Deleted User

The OP has a point with RXtools being dead, but he's completely wrong into thinking that rxtools still exists because nintendo is stupid with updating. This could be said about any cfw. Luma3ds could be patched, reinand could be patched whatever you can think of can be patched. People are deadwrong into thinking that 'just because rxtools still works that it's the only one that won't work with the next update. Now it is true that luma3ds is sooner to get an update that might fix it, but no one says it's possible by next patch. At one point we could be stuck at a certain update like with the ps3 and psvita.
If Luma is patched then, it just has to be updated to boot the newer kernel/ Native FIRM that Nintendo are using, on the O3DS this might be easier to do than the N3DS though. However rxTools hasn't been updated in almost 10 months, so it will never get never NFIRM support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But my 3DS is loaded with emulators and 3DS games and DS games and GBA games probably thousands of games in total lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
  • btei @ btei:
    lethal company servers are down rn
  • btei @ btei:
    my pocket pikachu is going crazy rn
    Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Penischu, I choose you.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol