Hacking Please Help me for wii u hack 5.5.0

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you own a DS Virtual Console game on your Wii U
You need an SD card at least twice the size of your Wii U's storage (for backup purposes)

then go to wiiu.guide and read through until you're confident enough to have a go

harunugur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you own a DS Virtual Console game on your Wii U
You need an SD card at least twice the size of your Wii U's storage (for backup purposes)

then go to wiiu.guide and read through until you're confident enough to have a go

i dont have any ds game

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont have any ds game
The DS game is for Haxchi (best entry point for homebrew, and highly recommended). It has to be bought from the EShop, no other way. I'm not entirely sure it would work on 5.5.0. It definitely does work on higher firmware. Read the stickied guides before proceeding. Kafluke's guide would be a good place to start.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,
my wii u is 5.5.0 version, can i do haxchi this version and how can i play online game ? thansk
Just upgrade to 5.5.2, purchase and install the Brain Age (or other compatible game) from the eShop and follow the instructions for setting up Haxchi.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
5.5.2 is still hackable, but it's just harder as it's based on a random bug (more random than 5.5.1). you could have a lot of chance and get it to work on first try, or try it 50 times (reboot, launch browser, visit an url, console freeze, try again, etc.)
when it work, be sure you use that opportunity to install haxchi into an already bought and ready to use Virtual DS console channel installed on your NAND (not USB).

5.5.0 should work, a little random, you'll need few tries
5.5.1 recommended, a little random, you'll need few tries
5.5.2 works but requires a lot of tries.

Either version you choose, you could probably stay on that version, but some homebrew might be designed for 5.5.1/2 only (not sure 5.5.0 has all the same compatibility than 5.5.1)
so, if you are on 5.5.0, you can :
update to 5.5.1 using a retail (official) game disc with 5.5.1 update on it, OR update to 5.5.2 AFTER installing haxchi.
just remember, if you update before installing haxchi, it's not bad, just harder.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?