PlayStation's version of Game Pass could be unveiled next week

IwKzXQW.jpg

According to Jason Schreier at Bloomberg, Sony could be ready to launch its new subscription service as early as next week. This is the same merging of PS Plus and PS Now that was formerly referred to as Project Spartacus, an answer to the overwhelming success of Microsoft's Game Pass. Apparently, Sony will offer different tiers of access, but it remains to be seen if they are able to provide the same kind of triple-A titles on day one as Microsoft does.

The service is also touted to include classic games from previous generations, which would a big plus due to the very limited backwards compatibility of PS5. The quality of emulation is also a mystery at this point.

A big question mark will hover over the pricing as Microsoft was able to offer amazing deals to boost the sales of Game Pass to the level it is now. If they do manage to get it right, then it could be a big boon for Sony as the PlayStation 5 has currently outsold the Series X by almost twice as many units.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Game demos being locked to a subscription service?
What the hell is this?
A slap in the rectum of Sony's gaming ecosystem customers.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Access to a back catalogue of classic PlayStation games would be a great addition AS LONG as they're native/emulated and not streamed via PSNow which I have no interest in.

I agree with what you're saying.

If they were to include older games, I'd like them to native/emulated as long as it's better on what fans have.

If it's streamed or worser then with what fans could provide that why I wouldn't use Duckstation/PCSX2/RPCS3 instead?

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I truly hope it is.

100% fake. First off, look at Silver tier. It says $29.99 but right underneath it says $24.99. Secondly, a different font was used for the pricing of the Platinum tier. Look at the 9's. Third, the tier boxes don't even align with the buttons underneath. Fourth, the e and r in "Silver" are cut off. Fifth, who the hell takes a literal picture of a computer screen to post rather than screenshotting it? Last but certainly not least, source = 4chan. The entire thing is so incredibly fake I'm really not sure how anyone could view it as legit.

I was, but streaming games that aren't native ports to a PC never appealed to me... Especially with emulators and the like existing already.

I was hoping more for an equivalent to XGP for windows, where you get access to native titles.

Nearly all PS2 and PS4 games are available to both stream and download.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,
Reactions: AngryCinnabon

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3910713_1.jpg

$60 for three months and it doesn't even include PS1 and PS2 games?

I really hope this is nothing more than just a rumor.
My friend, this is very likely a fake.

Also, look at the way the colored blocks are formatted, which is inconsistent with the "Add to Cart" buttons. Even Sony knows how to lay out a website better than that! According to my sources, this is from 4chan. You have to take "leaks" from there with a grain of salt, unless it has some evidence to back it up (like those rumors about X, the Trump supporter).

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such a huge middlefinger ,as expected from sony

because it's something sony might do. but even they aren't this silly...right?

Perhaps reading prior posts before commenting is something that could provide useful information. It doesn't look legit whatsoever. ;)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps reading prior posts before commenting is something that could provide useful information. It doesn't look legit whatsoever. ;)
yeah, obviously it's fake. but why would people think it's real? because it's something sony might do. but here's hoping even they aren't this silly.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, obviously it's fake. but why would people think it's real? because it's something sony might do. but here's hoping even they aren't this silly.
I thought Sony would release a new MotorStorm and Killzone, but they didn't. At least remaster them for PS4/PS5.

There was an Uncharted and Killzone game for the Vita so they could port it to the home consoles without any gimmick.

Sony is pulling a Sega for no reason.

Reactions: osaka35

ElSasori69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm more worried about don't loosing my PS3 digital games, but I guess they would just fuck all, I was saving my money for the PS5 retrocompatibility and they fucked up, so I'm not hoping anything good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1