PlayStation accidentally leaks The Last of Us remake for PS5 and PC

kl;fdskl;fsdkl;.png

tlpu.png

PlayStation has accidentally leaked its own announcement. On September 2, 2022, The Last of Us will be getting a full remake, made from the ground up for the PS5. The reveal comes from PlayStation's own official website, with the link to a trailer seemingly accidentally gone live early. This remake also contains the Left Behind DLC, with a limited Firefly edition releasing exclusively on the PlayStation Direct store, featuring a steelbook, early in-game unlocks, and reprints of The Last of Us: American Dreams comics. There is also a PC port in the works, though it has no release date. Right now, the trailer link on the PlayStation website is still live.

Get The Last of Us Part I Firefly Edition, only available to buy as an exclusive directly from PlayStation®.

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters of Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards and now rebuilt for PlayStation®5.

Enjoy a total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Plus, feel immersed with improved effects and enhanced exploration and combat.

The Last of Us™ Part I Firefly Edition includes the complete The Last of Us single-player story (PS5™) and celebrated prequel chapter, Left Behind; limited edition SteelBook® display case; The Last of Us: American Dreams #1 - #4 comics reprint with new cover art; and early in-game unlocks*.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all due respect, telling this user to keep the stuff to yourself is policing people... so you kinda made your point null here...
Not really. Just keep fucking politics out of games.

If you want to talk about politics, go to the shitbag section that's politics.

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What are you talking about? Politics is a huge part of the game. In fact, it's a huge part in many games. Including one of your favorites, Halo.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I played both Last of Us games and I can't remember any political situation in the plot, other than the establishment of settlements and rival factions that control and fight for different parts of the territory. But that's just a part of the worldbuilding.

The dilemma between Ellie's right to live and the potential progress of society, which may have been falsely introduced by the scientists, as maybe there was a way to study Ellie without harming her, can be arguably political. However, I think it's more of a social or scientific dilemma.

• Haha
Reactions: alt_Human

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember this crappy movie. Very mediocre steath game with poorly written and cliched to no end 'plot'. It could a great opportunity to fix it, but something tells they don't have the talent or will to do so, so it'll be all the same shit, since the actual sequel was just abysmally bad, and they're afraid of anything new by now.

it won't be the same shit! It will be the same shit for $70

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I liked TLoU. I REALLY liked TLoU, in fact I still like it, both the single-player and the multiplayer (RIP) are great! The story is also very good (and it DID NOT need a sequel)!
However, I just HAVE to ask: WHAT IS THE POINT OF REMAKING WHAT IS BASICALLY A MODERN GAME?

Reactions: mituzora

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I liked TLoU. I REALLY liked TLoU, in fact I still like it, both the single-player and the multiplayer (RIP) are great! The story is also very good (and it DID NOT need a sequel)!
However, I just HAVE to ask: WHAT IS THE POINT OF REMAKING WHAT IS BASICALLY A MODERN GAME?

Money. Because the Last of Us is $20. They have to find another excuse to charge full price again for an 8 year old game.

What are you talking about? Politics is a huge part of the game. In fact, it's a huge part in many games. Including one of your favorites, Halo.

It's the argument of "anything politics related that I like in video games is "unafraid to offend" but anything I don't like is pOliTiCaL." It's called being a gamur.

With all due respect, telling this user to keep the stuff to yourself is policing people... so you kinda made your point null here...
"See, you can't say anything because that's "political" but I have the freedom to tell you to shut up because--I don't like it," Rules for thee but not for me"

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well good i guess, exclusity is crap. It's an ok game if you just want to turn your brain off and play something with almost no challenge (even on the highest difficulty), better than the dumpster fire that was the 2nd.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't really care or even like these games but the thing that really bothers me most about this is the need to remake it for a console despite it literally being a game from the previous generation. It just seems like they want to just resell the same game again so very soon.

I mean hell, what if Microsoft just decided to release the first Halo game every new generation. It seems senseless. Eh, either way I'll be here complaining once again when they release this for the PS6 again with a bundle that includes Part 2 for around 80+ dollars.
I do think it's great, it keeps the games alive, specially before they were released on PC and was console exclusive and not being stuck and a 2-genenration old system. Albeit they haven't done remakes exactly, more remasters.

I met their lead programer in a conference back when they had relieved TLOU 1 for the first time and ported to the PS4. Basically the game engine is shared amongst TLOU and Uncharted.

They used to develop exclusive to Playstation consoles because Sony helped supporting them and they'd rather maximize the game's capabilities to a system, rather than lower them to the least common denominator.

When a new console comes out, their first job is to port their game engine to that console. That was true for the Vita, PS4 and now I take PS5. Also Sony night be responsible for the push to PC as well, I suspect.

When their engine is running on a new console makes the job much easier to develop a new game because they have the engine. Even easier to port older games, so they do it. It keeps their games alive and being played, they are sold cheaper but helps them finance their next big project and allows them to improve on them.

They haven't even been greedy much. If you bought Uncharted 4 or the sequel, just one of them, for 10 extra bucks you can have both on PS5. If they do the same for TLOU, that'd be great.

Another mark on my bingo card!

Last edited by pustal,

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You're full of it. That's like saying Elden Ring is easy becasue someone can speed run it in 25 minutes.
Elden ring is definitely the easiest fromsoftware souls LOL. And your comparison doesn't even make sense, I'm saying from experience, ME thinks game = not challenging after playing, I'm not saying its easy because i saw some youtuber speedrunning lol.

• Haha
Reactions: alt_Human

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why not?

A >insert queer character here< existing in a video game is not politics it's just a character existing with a queer trait.
Having a message in the story about trans rights or whatever is politics but last time i checked neither TLOU game is about that.
TLOU2 story isn't the best but you don't need to discredit yourself with "muh politics" to criticize it.

Last edited by CathyRina,

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Why not?

A >insert queer character here< existing in a video game is not politics it's just a character existing with a queer trait.
Having a message in the story about trans rights or whatever is politics but last time i checked neither TLOU game is about that.
TLOU2 story isn't the best but you don't need to discredit yourself with "muh politics" to criticize it.
The stupid thing is that the character doesn't even come out as trans necessarily. Dresses like a man and wants a man's role and views her female assigned role as something undesirable. Not a much different tale than, say, Mulan. But the minor hint of transsexuality is enough for a transphobic outrage these days.

And I think more hated than Lev's perceived transsexuality is Ellie's homossexuality. I still find amusing all these people who claim TLOU was great and TLOU2 ruined the story for them because of "politics" somehow completelly forgot that Ellie is already portraied as gay in TLOU1, she has a female relationship and even a kiss scene, What did they think? That is was just a phase?

I also have problems with TLOU2 story, mainly the irrealistic walkable distances in the post-apocaliptic conditions and how revenge drives everyone above self-preservation, group-preservation and preservation of supposed loved ones. But somehow the problem people see is "politics" including one of the most humainly realistic representation of a gay relationship in a videogame to date.

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elden ring is definitely the easiest fromsoftware souls LOL. And your comparison doesn't even make sense, I'm saying from experience, ME thinks game = not challenging after playing, I'm not saying its easy because i saw some youtuber speedrunning lol.

First off, why are you creating arguments that never existed? Was there a discussion about which Soulsborne game is the easiest or hardest that I missed? "LOL" is absolutely right. Secondly, my comparison makes perfect sense. It's just you having a difficult time understanding it. Nice that you moved the goal posts to include your "ME" bit after the fact. I don't even believe that it offers no challenge to you in Grounded mode. But whatever. This argument is pretty pointless. Have a nice day.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember this crappy movie. Very mediocre steath game with poorly written and cliched to no end 'plot'. It could a great opportunity to fix it, but something tells they don't have the talent or will to do so, so it'll be all the same shit, since the actual sequel was just abysmally bad, and they're afraid of anything new by now.
Lmao, meanwhile you love to play Mario...... that continues to recycle the same crap since the 80s.

Let me guess, you're also one of the brainwashed fans that also found BoTW to be a masterpiece.

A game with no story, broken AI and battle system, nothing mission driven, massive map with endless repetitive shrines and yup you got it, same old save zelda, defeat ganon.... same recycled shit since the 80s.

Yet, we have not played a game with a story like this before.

Though I see no point in remaking the game again, its just trying to milk the cash cow.

Reactions: StupidGamer1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...