Hacking Playing loadiine games from HDD thanks to Mocha CFW

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is the speed of loading time compared to brazilian exploit using wii u format hdd?
Is not any kind of imporvement. You are just using loadiine on usb device. Is basically still limited to the loadiine potential.

The only difference is that you don't need to do a mandatory format of a HDD to use it with the system, you can use regular common file system for multiple things like Vwii WBFS games and Gamecube iso in nintendont

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be better if you mentioned that i only compiled it, please don't word it so it looks like i helped work on mocha.
You may have just compiled it, but it was you who did it. Not someone else. :P

I didn't know how to do it so i couldn't have. But i susppoe you have a point. Though i'm sure this would have been done officially eventually in 0.3 when is known to be completly safe and stable and official. Sneak peek at this preview :)

gha_razor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is not any kind of imporvement. You are just using loadiine on usb device. Is basically still limited to the loadiine potential.

The only difference is that you don't need to do a mandatory format of a HDD to use it with the system, you can use regular common file system for multiple things like Vwii WBFS games and Gamecube iso in nintendont
so what you mean the speed is identical with playing loadiine from microsd?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what you mean the speed is identical with playing loadiine from microsd?
Well i suppose, is still using loadiine, not launching from system menu. So it wouldn't be much different simply cause of a different device if loadiine is still exactly the same. :P

Unless there is a way to load games without loadiine and using system menu, i think is not much of a difference in stuff. But is just my opinion. I don't see people reporting any noticable differences.

Perhaps if loadiine was somehow updated to take advantage of various specific devices... i dunno, i'm not a programmer. Just a idea man. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: gha_razor

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You may have just compiled it, but it was you who did it. Not someone else. :P

I didn't know how to do it so i couldn't have. But i susppoe you have a point. Though i'm sure this would have been done officially eventually in 0.3 when is known to be completly safe and stable and official. Sneak peek at this preview :)
Yeah i mean i do appreciate getting given credits but anyone reading this thread would think i'm a dev or something lol

Unless there is a way to load games without loadiine and using system menu

That is already possible if you manually copy games onto the fat32 hdd

Last edited by Toni456,
Reactions: lordelan

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i mean i do appreciate getting given credits but anyone reading this thread would think i'm a dev or something lol
I mean well i know you aren't one for mocha. But i guess he appreciated that you did compile it for early access, got a bit too excited to show it off and maybe couldn't find the best words to clearly describe the feelings. :P

I notice a lot of things with new features i can't use cause
  1. I dunno how to compile any source code
  2. Official updates are less frequent than the Beta/hour/night ones others keep talking about.
I either have to use one of those risky builds or wait for official updates. Which i mean well i prefer to stay safe with the official ones :)

Reactions: Toni456

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unless there is a way to load games without loadiine and using system menu
Like shinigati said, you need to copy the game manually.
WUP installer to FAT32 USB is currently not working (it installs only 0 byte files)

so, you need to copy the "usr" folder to the root of your USB to let mocha mount the partition as a WiiU HDD format.
then you can copy loadiine format to the usr's title folder (like if WUP installed did it)

Someone tried, but it didn't work. I guess it's still missing the ticket installation process.
the ticket needs to be installed to internal (NAND) to be able to launch the game.
so, it's tricky for the moment, it's only a beta/incomplete project that dimok released because he doesn't have time to complete it right now.
he might comes back and complete it later.

I guess the workaround for the moment is installing the game with WUP installer to fat32 usb then replace all the 0 bytes files manually on computer with extracted file format.

Edit:
I updated/fixed the first post a little. (which was my guide I wrote on another thread, you mostly copied it).

Last edited by Cyan,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I guess that is a good excuse...

if you only install to usb it is technically leaving your console clean cause once you take it out your console is not modified
That's not true at all. It's not just the games that install somewhere, or else by that logic, just deleting the game removes any trace of it being "not clean"

Regardless of where games are installed, tickets are also installed. Those are written to .tik files on the the NAND, and non-removable. Fake signed tickets are even worse, it gets written to the tik files in NAND in a scrambled way, which you wouldn't be able launch without a sig patched system. Again, that won't be removed even if you delete it. At least installing stuff that work without cfw is a legit ticket, regardless whether you own it on psn or not..

On the 3ds, besides it installing tik files, there is a ticket.db that stores all tickets info on it, and even with the 3ds hacking scene being wide open, we have no way to remove (and effectively clean) any info from that file. I would personally like to believe the Wii u having a similar structure.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The wii has a similar structure. I guess all nintendo consoles are based on it.
ticket+database. They are not cleaned when uninstalling a game using the official data/channel/title manager.
At least the ticket (I don't know about the database) was deleted when uninstalling with a wad manager. the Wii database was a simple array, I guess it's easy to remove a title or shared file from it.

On WiiU, you can delete the ticket manually (ftpii or wup server) and if you own it on eShop, you'll get it back at eshop connection. it's useful in case you owned the game officially, but replaced a fakesigned version of that ticket with wup installer. you can't re-download the game from eShop, you have to delete it manually first.

psst, it's not psn ;)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Madridi

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused does it have to be an external hdd and not a flash drive? The reason is I don't know how the flash drive can read both the Wii U and my computer because either one you put it in asks you to format. Should I format the flash drive to fat32 then Wii U can read it?

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Like shinigati said, you need to copy the game manually.
WUP installer to FAT32 USB is currently not working (it installs only 0 byte files)

so, you need to copy the "usr" folder to the root of your USB to let mocha mount the partition as a WiiU HDD format.
then you can copy loadiine format to the usr's title folder (like if WUP installed did it)

Someone tried, but it didn't work. I guess it's still missing the ticket installation process.
the ticket needs to be installed to internal (NAND) to be able to launch the game.
so, it's tricky for the moment, it's only a beta/incomplete project that dimok released because he doesn't have time to complete it right now.
he might comes back and complete it later.

I guess the workaround for the moment is installing the game with WUP installer to fat32 usb then replace all the 0 bytes files manually on computer with extracted file format.

Edit:
I updated/fixed the first post a little. (which was my guide I wrote on another thread, you mostly copied it).
Sorry xD, is because it was very late in argentina, I think it was 2am and I wanted to go to bed, but first I wanted to write this. I gave credits for your guide, it was late I a barely knew what I was doing.

That is already possible if you manually copy games onto the fat32 hdd
Sorry as I said it was late and I barely knew what I was writing, but now I have corrected that :D

Last edited by Mr Objection,
Reactions: Redirr and Toni456

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's fine, don't worry.
I guess the important is to help other people.

the guide will be more visible here as his own thread than the other place hard to find if users don't read all pages.

I'm a bit confused does it have to be an external hdd and not a flash drive?
It doesn't matter what the device is, as long as it's connected to USB.

If you want your device to be read by both PC and WiiU, then you have to format it to FAT32 (on your computer).
then if you launch Mocha on WiiU, it will not ask to format to WiiU Format anymore.

Though, even if it can be seen as a compatible HDD on wiiU, not all features will work because it's still incomplete development. FAT32 support is in beta.
For example, you can't install games to FAT32 device using WUP installer.

Last edited by Cyan,

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been seriously thinking about using this method (can't afford an extra HDD + SD card by now), but there is still that Wii U format message problem... CBHC could be a solution but the official topic says "on top of that using Mocha or fw.img for sysnand can lead to bootup problems and takes far longer to boot so please just dont do it, I dont know how often I can repeat that point anymore"

So... what are my options? :(

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've been seriously thinking about using this method (can't afford an extra HDD + SD card by now), but there is still that Wii U format message problem... CBHC could be a solution but the official topic says "on top of that using Mocha or fw.img for sysnand can lead to bootup problems and takes far longer to boot so please just dont do it, I dont know how often I can repeat that point anymore"

So... what are my options? :(
For me the message isn't a problem, you click no, go to hbl. Start the new mocha elf, then go back to the main menu, enter again to the hbl then loadiine and your games from your hdd are there

Reactions: Redirr and dragon12

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For me the message isn't a problem, you click no, go to hbl. Start the new mocha elf, then go back to the main menu, enter again to the hbl then loadiine and your games from your hdd are there
Can't run this risk. :rofl: Alternatively, someone could change the code to make Mocha compatible with Ustealth, but I don't know if this is a simple task.

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, I mean click "No" every time the format message appears. You know, I'm not the only one using the console (even I don't trust me with this :rofl2:).
Well, for me isn't a problem anymore, because I am using haxchi and I am not having that message anymore, I used to have it when I was using just the internet browser.

Reactions: Redirr and dragon12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol