Hacking Playing loadiine games from HDD thanks to Mocha CFW

Hillage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, maybe it's because I'm not loading HBL from Mii Maker? I''m doing the following:

New Mocha build https://gbatemp.net/attachments/mocha-cfw-zip.77927/ (Credits: Dimok how created mocha and Shinigati who compiled this new mocha version)
- put Mocha.elf on both your Sd and Hdd (wiiu/apps/mocha.elf)
- Put HBL on SD and your HDD
- Put Loadiine in both your SD and HDD
- run mocha from HBL (I'm using either browser method or Haxchi)

Once Mocha has been launched, your SD card will no longer work (that is why you need to put HBL, Mocha and Loadiine in your HDD).
--When I launch Mocha, the light on my HDD does nothing and when I go into HBL it's the same programs from the SD.

Every homebrew trying to access the SD card will read the first FAT32 partition from USB.
so, put your games into :
USB1:/wiiu/games/Title/ content+code+meta folder here
--The following is my folder structure: D:\wiiu\games\Hyrule Warriors [BWXXXX]

Run HBL again (from miimaker) and now it will list all homebrew located in usb:/wiiu/apps/
then select loadiine and there you go, all the games you put in your HDD are available to use
---This is what I don't get. When I go to MiiMaker HBL does not run. If I run HBL from the icon on the homescreen and then Loadliine no games show.

Last edited by Hillage,

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okay, maybe it's because I'm not loading HBL from Mii Maker? I''m doing the following:

New Mocha build https://gbatemp.net/attachments/mocha-cfw-zip.77927/ (Credits: Dimok how created mocha and Shinigati who compiled this new mocha version)
- put Mocha.elf on both your Sd and Hdd (wiiu/apps/mocha.elf)
- Put HBL on SD and your HDD
- Put Loadiine in both your SD and HDD
- run mocha from HBL (I'm using either browser method or Haxchi)

Once Mocha has been launched, your SD card will no longer work (that is why you need to put HBL, Mocha and Loadiine in your HDD).
--When I launch Mocha, the light on my HDD does nothing and when I go into HBL it's the same programs from the SD.

Every homebrew trying to access the SD card will read the first FAT32 partition from USB.
so, put your games into :
USB1:/wiiu/games/Title/ content+code+meta folder here
--The following is my folder structure: D:\wiiu\games\Hyrule Warriors [BWXXXX]

Run HBL again (from miimaker) and now it will list all homebrew located in usb:/wiiu/apps/
then select loadiine and there you go, all the games you put in your HDD are available to use
---This is what I don't get. When I go to MiiMaker HBL does not run. If I run HBL from the icon on the homescreen and then Loadliine no games show.
Well, go to the internet browser, touch mocha, then you go to the home screen and go to the hbl again then touch loadiine and you are ready

Hillage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that when I get home....thanks.
Yeah that didn't work. When I try and launch Mocha from the browser just a white screen. I can launch haxchi>hbl>Mocha it will then load but does not appear to be reading from the HDD.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Strange, something might be wrong, because it is working for a lot of people, try to follow all the steeps in the guide again.

Nope. That's why it's useless. [For me atleast]
You're better just format your HDD to Wii U format and install games to sysmenu.

It isn't as good as installing games to your console, but it is less risky.
The problem with installing games to your console is that you could brick it. With this you are very clean if you know what I mean. I can put wii and gamecube game into the same hdd and also roms for retroarch.

Last edited by Mr Objection,
Reactions: Xyphoseos

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 support in mocha is a work in progress and even has developer flags enabled. How stable has this been for those who are using it?

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
FAT32 support in mocha is a work in progress and even has developer flags enabled. How stable has this been for those who are using it?
For me it is the same as using a sd card (with with a lot more space, and I can also put wii and gamecube game into the same hdd)

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it is the same as using a sd card (with with a lot more space, and I can also put wii and gamecube game into the same hdd)

Which means you haven't used it too, too much yet. There's a reason it's labeled as WIP FAT32 support. Also it should be different than using an SD card. Loading games like Star Fox whatever, where they made a bunch of microsized files, should load up much faster from a HDD than from an SD card...

Mr Objection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Which means you haven't used it too, too much yet. There's a reason it's labeled as WIP FAT32 support. Also it should be different than using an SD card. Loading games like Star Fox whatever, where they made a bunch of microsized files, should load up much faster from a HDD than from an SD card...

I have used it sometime and I will say it loads the same (for me), the FAT32 driver implementation on the wii u is very bad. Some people said that loading times were better on their sd cards.
Pokken had the same problems when using the hdd as when using a sd card.

Last edited by Mr Objection,
Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used it sometime and I will say it loads the same (for me), the FAT32 driver implementation on the wii u is very bad. Some people said that loading times were better on their sd cards.
Pokken had the same problems when using the hdd as when using a sd card.

So it's still heavily a WIP. Got ya. Thanks for the update friend!!!

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Good topic, I have been using Loadiine through SD so far but the 16 gig just isn't enough for me, and the slow speed of rewriting games left and right is a huge pain. I looked into mocha yesterday and was disappointed to hear I'd have to install all the games on my wii u's internal HDD (that thing isn't even 32 GB, system memory drops it to 24 and then apps or DLC/updates just take it even lower =A=). I still haven't looked into a way to format another hDD to make it wii u specific, nor do I intend to - ext HDDs aren't a dime a dozen! I only have 1 500 gig so far and I use it for my Wii with USB Loader GX. So I'm glad I was linked this page, I hope I can get it to work because it sounds like a handier way to have both CFW and use loadiine without the 16 GB limitation.

Reactions: Mr Objection

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning