Playing a Japanese game on a western 3DS

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not sure if it's possible, but can you somehow play a Japanese game on a western 3DS?
1. Please use the search function (such questions are asked very often)
2. Yes, with a CFW (Luma) this is possible
3. If you don't have CFW installed yet, you can consult this guide:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Reactions: Plazorn and CoolMe

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question. If you do play a Japanese 3DS game with the game card inserted, are you able to play it as translated?
What are you thinking? If the language you want is built-in to the game, it can display it. If not, then no. This is why you must specify both the region and the language when you make your locale.txt. If you make it wrong, the game won't even launch.

1) RTFM
2) If you can't find the info, search the forums.
3) If you STILL can't find it, THEN start a thread.

It's very annoying when people make no effort at all. You'll never learn if everything is spoon-fed to you.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Please use the search function (such questions are asked very often)
2. Yes, with a CFW (Luma) this is possible
3. If you don't have CFW installed yet, you can consult this guide:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Related to 3DS, can the A button be switched for the B button?

Sort of like PlayStation's X and O situation.

Rednorka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rednorka.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Russia
There is a fan made translation mod. The problem is I forgot how to use it. It was the game FabStyle.
The thread for your translation on this site suggests using DeltaPatcherLite on original ROM file.

Related to 3DS, can the A button be switched for the B button?

Sort of like PlayStation's X and O situation.
Use rehid.

Rednorka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rednorka.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Russia
I forgot how to use DeltaPatcherLite exactly. It's been months since I translated the game to play on Citra and not on the 3DS console.
Simply pick the game file (.nds) and patch file (.xdelta) from the program. The patch will be applied right on the ROM unless you press the gear icon and check "Backup original file".

Woops you meant the 3DS version! I think it's better if I link the patch thread, it has the instructions.

Beth9991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Simply pick the game file (.nds) and patch file (.xdelta) from the program. The patch will be applied right on the ROM unless you press the gear icon and check "Backup original file".

Woops you meant the 3DS version! I think it's better if I link the patch thread, it has the instructions.
Would that work too on the actual game card of the FabStyle game? For the translation that is.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also do you know if you can play any game from any region
Yes, it should play out of region games. If you ever encounter a game that wouldn't launch, you can either "import seed* in fbi, or use Luma Locale Switcher to change its region.
whether there is fan translation or not?
Yeah same, though you'd need the cia to be patched already (contains the translation data etc.), or if it comes with mod files instead of that you need to place them inside the Luma folder that's on the root of the sdcard.
You should have "game patching" enabled on Luma3DS menu too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay