Hacking Plailect guide uptill 'rednand'

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Meh my bad, I have Sys 10.7.0-32E
So yeah, I'm good, completly forgot my EmuNand was on 10.7 when it asked me to put it into my SysNand.

Ohhh and last question since I'm at it, now that I've done this, can I transfer data from my O3DS to my N3DS with CFW without any worry ?

Last edited by StorMyu,

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also had a question which was. Can we easily update our cfw sysnand version as we please now like through system settings?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Second question sorry last one i think. If I were to play a cia which is out of my region how would I go about doing that without risking getting banned online etc. Basically how does out of region work on cfw

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Meh my bad, I have Sys 10.7.0-32E
So yeah, I'm good, completly forgot my EmuNand was on 10.7 when it asked me to put it into my SysNand.

Ohhh and last question since I'm at it, now that I've done this, can I transfer data from my O3DS to my N3DS with CFW without any worry ?

Yes

I also had a question which was. Can we easily update our cfw sysnand version as we please now like through system settings?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Second question sorry last one i think. If I were to play a cia which is out of my region how would I go about doing that without risking getting banned online etc. Basically how does out of region work on cfw

Yes you can update freely but I would still check forums before doing it just in case Nintendo does something no one thinks they will do(they would pretty much have to exploit the system to remove a9lh). To my knowledge you can just play the out of region games online lots of people are doing it(I could be wrong as I don't do it). I know you need the config.cia(its on that iso site) to accept out of region eula to get online.

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes

Yes you can update freely but I would still check forums before doing it just in case Nintendo does something no one thinks they will do(they would pretty much have to exploit the system to remove a9lh). To my knowledge you can just play the out of region games online lots of people are doing it(I could be wrong as I don't do it). I know you need the config.cia(its on that iso site) to accept out of region eula to get online.

And which is better for cia managing, NASA or 3DS Simple CIA converter?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
And which is better for cia managing, NASA or 3DS Simple CIA converter?
Converting or installing? For installing I use fbi, it has way more features than nasa and you don't have to deal with adfly. As for converting I'm not sure what to use as I just downloaded the games I had as carts. Why? Because to Nintendo it doesn't matter if you own the cart its still a non legit CIA so if they ever crack down on people for cias you will get hit also.

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still unsure on how these cias work :/. So hypothetically speaking let's say someone were to grab a game online would their cia be legit? And let's say I dumped a game why isn't that not legit and also how do I tell the difference between a legit cia and a non-legit one?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I'm still unsure on how these cias work :/. So hypothetically speaking let's say someone were to grab a game online would their cia be legit? And let's say I dumped a game why isn't that not legit and also how do I tell the difference between a legit cia and a non-legit one?

A legit CIA is signed by Nintendo. They come preinstalled on special edition systems. People dump the info for them and create the legit cias that anyone can install. A legit CIA doesn't need cfw to run as its signed by Nintendo to run on any system. A dumped game isn't legit as it wasn't signed by Nintendo. A backup someone made of games they bought off the eshop wouldn't be legit either as its not signed. You can create a "good" CIA that can be updated and redownloaded from the eshop(as long as you're on cfw) but that's about it

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I have NAND Backup.
Yes but at the start of the guide you did not. You had to downgrade first. If it had failed that system would have been dead(depending on the fail spot). Now that you have the nand backup it can always be brought back unless you manage to kill the nand somehow

RaikouKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but at the start of the guide you did not. You had to downgrade first. If it had failed that system would have been dead(depending on the fail spot). Now that you have the nand backup it can always be brought back unless you manage to kill the nand somehow

I was on 9.2 already with my Majoras Mask n3DS XL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok