Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's say we followed this guide to the letter https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and now have just sucessfully finished the Part 3 or 'rednand' part of the guide. Do we need to go onto Part 4 and 5 (i.e. 'Getting the OTP' & 'ARM9loaderhax') TO be able to play roms(backups) and go online with those backed up games? Also if so, how do we go about doing this straight from the end of Part 3 of the guide after having installed and updated rednand.

:) Thanks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say we followed this guide to the letter https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and now have just sucessfully finished the Part 3 or 'rednand' part of the guide. Do we need to go onto Part 4 and 5 (i.e. 'Getting the OTP' & 'ARM9loaderhax') TO be able to play roms(backups) and go online with those backed up games? Also if so, how do we go about doing this straight from the end of Part 3 of the guide after having installed and updated rednand.

Do it all don't skip or deviate by trying to save time or you will regret it.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I'd recommend preforming parts 4 and 5 for ease of use in the future.

Resset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In fact you can use your rednand and keep sysnand clean (that's the entire emunand + menuhax thing) but with actual *hax development I would recommend doing the entire guide from start to finish and configure a9lh with updated sysnand. You will get 100% bootrate comparing to menuhax and brick protection.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Ricken

Oh Pretty Angel... Did None Teach You?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^What he said (and the guy above him. post made while I was typing :P)

But you can live as a Menuhax Peasant from here. just take the 3dsx CFW launcher of your choice, name it something 4 characters (e.g; Luma3DS.3dsx to brew.3dsx), install Menuhax if you haven't already, set it to auto unless [key] is held down, then Hex edit your Menuhax payload to read from that said 4 characters (Search for boot.3dsx, and replace every boot.3dsx with brew.3dsx assuming you use the example I used. There's Roughly 2 of them)

(PM me if this seems like something you want to do but dunno how to Hex edit and I can do it for you :P)

But I recommend A9LH, no doubt

Resset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just need to use this pic here
2h8bvgo.jpg

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
If you really don't want to use A9LH, then the best place to stop would probably be Part 4, section 1, step 29. If you stop at that point, you'll have a clean sysnand, an updated rednand with FBI all set up and ready to go, and a backup of both your NANDs, which is always nice to have.

Honestly though, you might as well follow the guide through to the end. There's very little reason to stay on menuhax.

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks guys I'll go on with steps 4 and 5 then but I'm gonna quote myself from somewhere else before I move on with the guide and answer the question if you can :)

Quote below

Hi I think there is something you need to fix in the guide so here's some context. I was on 4.xx FW when I started the guide and was told to update to 9.2.0 so now I clicked thishttps://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update and was told to update so I did. Next I followed the link to the 'get started' page and then begun the part 1https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew). After finishing that I clicked part 2https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading) and was abruptly confused. I had already updated to 9.2.0 yet this page was telling me to downgrade to it. So I thought hey maybe this guide is for people who need to downgrade from 9.2.0 + fw and i should skip this page of the guide but then suddenly I read this, 'If you are already on 9.2.0-20, skip to step 18.' Well, I was. So I went ahead to step 18 and was more confused. Because now the guide was telling me to use emunand 9 but I had not installed it as I was told to skip to step 18 which had no relevancy to emunand 9 etc. So I went on gbatemp and realized that I can skip this guide since I was a 4.xx fw who updated to 9.2.0 but this part where it said to skip to step 18 i think it's extremely ambiguous for us noobs and so please find a way to write in for people who updated to 9.2.0 to skip this part of the guide thank you. I am now done part 3 or 'rednand' and have sucessfully finished it and am going onto part 4 and have two things left to say.

1.) THANK YOU! This guide was beautifully written and extremely helpful I just found some parts not noob friendly as there was ambiguity as they were catch all guides and no side notes were given for people like me who went from 4.xx fw to 9.2.0 cfw.

2.) Please could you explain if Part 4 and 5 have any parts like Part 2 where I need to skip or is ambiguous for me to follow :) thanks.

P.S. If I'm WRONG and I WAS SUPPOSED TO INSTALL EMUNAND AND FOLLOW STEP 18 AND ONWARD I didnt!! Please tell me if i messed up :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically what I'm asking near the end is if I have to make sysnand backup using emunand 9 if I've already made it via decrypt9 when updating from 4.xx to 9.2.0 via the guide?

D

Deleted-379826

Alright thanks guys I'll go on with steps 4 and 5 then but I'm gonna quote myself from somewhere else before I move on with the guide and answer the question if you can :)

Quote below

Hi I think there is something you need to fix in the guide so here's some context. I was on 4.xx FW when I started the guide and was told to update to 9.2.0 so now I clicked thishttps://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update and was told to update so I did. Next I followed the link to the 'get started' page and then begun the part 1https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew). After finishing that I clicked part 2https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading) and was abruptly confused. I had already updated to 9.2.0 yet this page was telling me to downgrade to it. So I thought hey maybe this guide is for people who need to downgrade from 9.2.0 + fw and i should skip this page of the guide but then suddenly I read this, 'If you are already on 9.2.0-20, skip to step 18.' Well, I was. So I went ahead to step 18 and was more confused. Because now the guide was telling me to use emunand 9 but I had not installed it as I was told to skip to step 18 which had no relevancy to emunand 9 etc. So I went on gbatemp and realized that I can skip this guide since I was a 4.xx fw who updated to 9.2.0 but this part where it said to skip to step 18 i think it's extremely ambiguous for us noobs and so please find a way to write in for people who updated to 9.2.0 to skip this part of the guide thank you. I am now done part 3 or 'rednand' and have sucessfully finished it and am going onto part 4 and have two things left to say.

1.) THANK YOU! This guide was beautifully written and extremely helpful I just found some parts not noob friendly as there was ambiguity as they were catch all guides and no side notes were given for people like me who went from 4.xx fw to 9.2.0 cfw.

2.) Please could you explain if Part 4 and 5 have any parts like Part 2 where I need to skip or is ambiguous for me to follow :) thanks.

P.S. If I'm WRONG and I WAS SUPPOSED TO INSTALL EMUNAND AND FOLLOW STEP 18 AND ONWARD I didnt!! Please tell me if i messed up :(

Basically what I'm asking near the end is if I have to make sysnand backup using emunand 9 if I've already made it via decrypt9 when updating from 4.xx to 9.2.0 via the guide?
I mean you don't have to make the backup but if that was a backup your made on 4.xx then definetly make a new on on 9.2.0

Reactions: Quantumcat

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quote below

You should be backing up everything you do. I.E. your 4.x, 9,2, your updated emunand, 2.1, a9lh 9.2, and continue backing up your nand regularly

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Just do the whole guide and get a9lh.
You will never regret it.
Every time you get the ysod you will say to yourself "I wish I would have just spent the hour and finished the guide."

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just do the whole guide and get a9lh.
You will never regret it.
Every time you get the ysod you will say to yourself "I wish I would have just spent the hour and finished the guide."

How can I backup emuand i've done Decrypt9 and Emunand9 methods only so far any others left i should know of?

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think what he's saying is that if you want to backup your saves, install the homebrew menu cia after injecting FBI (which is what lets you install CIAs). I think the homebrew starter kit comes with a save manager maybe. Just ignore that and follow every step in order and exactly as written and you'll be fine. (Keep asking Qs if you don't understand something)

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think what he's saying is that if you want to backup your saves, install the homebrew menu cia after injecting FBI (which is what lets you install CIAs). I think the homebrew starter kit comes with a save manager maybe. Just ignore that and follow every step in order and exactly as written and you'll be fine. (Keep asking Qs if you don't understand something)

for Part 4 how should my sd card setup be looking right now im using carried over material from part 3 i.e. ' rednand' as well as my sd card has the name 'EMUNAND9SD'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over