PS1/2 Place to buy

SekiTimewalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the market for a hacked PS2. I found a guy selling them on Etsy complete with hard drive for a little over $100. However, I'd rather buy from a reliable source if anyone knows of one.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do what I did buy a big PS2 or slim for under $40 and buy your Free Mcboot Memory card for $10. If you want HD and etc.. all of that is going to be additonal I think I spent around $100 for my PS2 it came with the network adapter and I bought a 200+GB HD and the IDE adapter and some blank DVD-R I spent no less than $120-150.

Sad thing really I probably played it twice.

EDIT: That price sounds about right because I spent around that for my complete PS2 setup. If you want barebones it would cost you maybe $50 but remember the PS2 is old I wouldn't run the disk too much unless you have to.

Last edited by Goku1992A,

SekiTimewalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe put up a local ad for a regular ps2 and just install freemcboot yourself
I think I'll need to do that. The etsy page is down now.

Do what I did buy a big PS2 or slim for under $40 and buy your Free Mcboot Memory card for $10. If you want HD and etc.. all of that is going to be additonal I think I spent around $100 for my PS2 it came with the network adapter and I bought a 200+GB HD and the IDE adapter and some blank DVD-R I spent no less than $120-150.

Sad thing really I probably played it twice.

EDIT: That price sounds about right because I spent around that for my complete PS2 setup. If you want barebones it would cost you maybe $50 but remember the PS2 is old I wouldn't run the disk too much unless you have to.
Yeah, I still have about thirty PS2 discs. My plan is to get a HDD and rip them to it. I've heard bad things about the laser, though I never experienced it myself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a launch PS3 that lasted eight years before it died. With how old it is, the yellow light of death has me worried.

The original launch ps3s had a lot of problems. But I got the slim version and it has never come close to overheating. Much, much better build quality although you need to mod it to play ps2 games.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
+1 Buy a ps3. The best models are the 'hackable slims'. Controllers are harder to come by than consoles these days. But if you already have controller it will be dirt cheap since nobody cares about ps3. Just ask people you know on facebook they will GIVE it to you perhaps.

Also you can buy a ps4 a hack willl come out when ps5 comes out... PS2 forever...

Last edited by Magsor,

SekiTimewalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 Buy a ps3. The best models are the 'hackable slims'. Controllers are harder to come by than consoles these days. But if you already have controller it will be dirt cheap since nobody cares about ps3. Just ask people you know on facebook they will GIVE it to you perhaps.

Also you can buy a ps4 a hack willl come out when ps5 comes out... PS2 forever...
I was looking at the PS3 last night. Opinions online are definitely that PS2 are better, minus the laser. Which, once I rip my collection, won't be an issue. A system made for a game will always be better than emulation of the game.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was looking at the PS3 last night. Opinions online are definitely that PS2 are better, minus the laser. Which, once I rip my collection, won't be an issue. A system made for a game will always be better than emulation of the game.

PS3 emulation is great and always getting better. Select and play bang and I use dualshock 4 it is a great controller just no ps button .

PS2 has limitations usb1.1 is dreadful no hdmi. Finding a good controller can be a challenge and that is more important.

Let's just say PS3 is easier and future proof and also has the best hack since like PS2 and PS3 have some of the best library (PS1 did not age well). But there is no love in this world for it. I know my kids don't care.:cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1